X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New IBJJF rules

http://www.bjjee.com/articles/ibjjf-...ear-rashguard/

Comment

I kinda wince at the whole advantage-system as is, so anything that downplays that is a step up in my books. The no guard-jumping thing is pretty interesting, and my only guess would be that it's to prevent overly spazzy white belts from slamming themselves, but who knows. Another rule from that article I found interesting was the one about being specifically prohibited from landing your opponent on their head/neck when performing suplexes, since I kinda thought that already applied to all throws and takedowns.

Comment

New point at item 8.3.8:
        ● It is also allowed for the use of a head covering in addition to a shirt, as described in
        the female uniform section. The head covering must be made of elastic material, must
        be fully black in color and cover the neck, ears and hair, like a wetsuit headpiece.
        Only the face must remain fully visible.
        I disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadzu View Post
          Another rule from that article I found interesting was the one about being specifically prohibited from landing your opponent on their head/neck when performing suplexes, since I kinda thought that already applied to all throws and takedowns.
          Nope, there were previously no rules at all about how you land your opponent form throws other than the recently-introduced one about DDTing guys from a head outside single. Seems like this could all be profitably simplified into a general "no head spiking" rule rather than continually writing in new corner cases. As it stands, for example, I can head spike a guy from a double, but not from a bodylock...

Comment

Originally posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
            Nope, there were previously no rules at all about how you land your opponent form throws other than the recently-introduced one about DDTing guys from a head outside single. Seems like this could all be profitably simplified into a general "no head spiking" rule rather than continually writing in new corner cases. As it stands, for example, I can head spike a guy from a double, but not from a bodylock...
            Huh, I actually didn't know that, I thought "no spiking" was standard practice for just about all grappling rulesets. Seems like kind of a huge oversight for an organization so seemingly focused on security (no knee reaping, etc.). I guess they don't want people getting salty if they get drop-seoi'd and don't think to tuck their chin, but that's still kind of goofy.

Comment

I have a vision of better future

Remember the line "sweep the leg" from karate kid

Imagine the line would be instead of "scoot the butt"

I dare you motherfuckers

Comment

Originally posted by DCS View Post
                I disagree.
                What do you disagree with?

Comment

Originally posted by NeilG View Post
                  What do you disagree with?
                  Hijabs on the mats.

Comment

Hijabs on the mats.
                    I thought they were allowing Ninjas to wear full gear

Comment

Hijabs on the mats.
                      wow i read a lot more into that comment than you meant (i was thinking that you were saying that for hijab wearing competitors the face *should* be covered.)

i'm glad you weren't claiming that muslim women are automatically 2-baggers (one bag over her head so you can't see her face, and the other on your head in case hers falls off.)

Comment

Hijabs on the mats.
                        What's the problem, provided they don't confer an advantage or present a danger to either competitor?

Comment

Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
                          What's the problem, provided they don't confer an advantage or present a danger to either competitor?
                          Yeah, I don't see the issue either.

Comment

Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
                            Something something terrists destroying muh American freedoms.

Also, did the IBJJF just ban guard-pulling at white belt level? Because that is fucking awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
                              Also, did the IBJJF just ban guard-pulling at white belt level? Because that is fucking awesome.
                              No, I believe they only banned jumping guard. You can still pull someone down to the mat into your guard.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X