Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New IBJJF rules

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    New IBJJF rules

    http://www.bjjee.com/articles/ibjjf-...ear-rashguard/

    #2

    Comment


      #3
      I kinda wince at the whole advantage-system as is, so anything that downplays that is a step up in my books. The no guard-jumping thing is pretty interesting, and my only guess would be that it's to prevent overly spazzy white belts from slamming themselves, but who knows. Another rule from that article I found interesting was the one about being specifically prohibited from landing your opponent on their head/neck when performing suplexes, since I kinda thought that already applied to all throws and takedowns.

      Comment


        #4
        New point at item 8.3.8:
        ● It is also allowed for the use of a head covering in addition to a shirt, as described in
        the female uniform section. The head covering must be made of elastic material, must
        be fully black in color and cover the neck, ears and hair, like a wetsuit headpiece.
        Only the face must remain fully visible.
        I disagree.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Hadzu View Post
          Another rule from that article I found interesting was the one about being specifically prohibited from landing your opponent on their head/neck when performing suplexes, since I kinda thought that already applied to all throws and takedowns.
          Nope, there were previously no rules at all about how you land your opponent form throws other than the recently-introduced one about DDTing guys from a head outside single. Seems like this could all be profitably simplified into a general "no head spiking" rule rather than continually writing in new corner cases. As it stands, for example, I can head spike a guy from a double, but not from a bodylock...

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
            Nope, there were previously no rules at all about how you land your opponent form throws other than the recently-introduced one about DDTing guys from a head outside single. Seems like this could all be profitably simplified into a general "no head spiking" rule rather than continually writing in new corner cases. As it stands, for example, I can head spike a guy from a double, but not from a bodylock...
            Huh, I actually didn't know that, I thought "no spiking" was standard practice for just about all grappling rulesets. Seems like kind of a huge oversight for an organization so seemingly focused on security (no knee reaping, etc.). I guess they don't want people getting salty if they get drop-seoi'd and don't think to tuck their chin, but that's still kind of goofy.

            Comment


              #7
              I have a vision of better future

              Remember the line "sweep the leg" from karate kid

              Imagine the line would be instead of "scoot the butt"

              I dare you motherfuckers

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by DCS View Post
                I disagree.
                What do you disagree with?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by NeilG View Post
                  What do you disagree with?
                  Hijabs on the mats.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by DCS View Post
                    Hijabs on the mats.
                    I thought they were allowing Ninjas to wear full gear

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by DCS View Post
                      Hijabs on the mats.
                      wow i read a lot more into that comment than you meant (i was thinking that you were saying that for hijab wearing competitors the face *should* be covered.)

                      i'm glad you weren't claiming that muslim women are automatically 2-baggers (one bag over her head so you can't see her face, and the other on your head in case hers falls off.)

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by DCS View Post
                        Hijabs on the mats.
                        What's the problem, provided they don't confer an advantage or present a danger to either competitor?

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
                          What's the problem, provided they don't confer an advantage or present a danger to either competitor?
                          Yeah, I don't see the issue either.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
                            What's the problem, provided they don't confer an advantage or present a danger to either competitor?
                            Something something terrists destroying muh American freedoms.

                            Also, did the IBJJF just ban guard-pulling at white belt level? Because that is fucking awesome.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
                              Also, did the IBJJF just ban guard-pulling at white belt level? Because that is fucking awesome.
                              No, I believe they only banned jumping guard. You can still pull someone down to the mat into your guard.

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X