Looking For a Schoole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking For a Schoole

I'm looking for a school for Muay Thai, preferably more traditional not geared towards MMA. Does anyone have a recommendation near Nashville TN?

That's going to be tough, as Muay Thai options are going to be geared toward MMA; it's just the state of things right now.

To help us understand the question better, what sort of focus are you looking for? JUST kickboxing competition focused? What are you looking to get out of the ideal Muay Thai school?

Comment

I'm not looking for any competitions, I want to train purely for me and the desire to learn. What I understand is that there are two main forms of Muay Thai, around me locally: American and Dutch. They are both essentially kickboxing- American works on a 4 point system, Dutch operates on a level between boxing and muay thai. Traditional Muay Thai, at least to me, is a more complete 8 point system. After all, it is referred to as the "Art of eight limbs".

This link provides a few really nice clips of differences as well as outlines the singularities and similarities in each style, muaythaipros.com/kickingboxing-vs-muay-thai-different/

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X