Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KC noobmeister

Welcome to Bullshido.

I don't know the KC area. I'm just here to approve your posts and bump your thread. Please continue to post here and I'll approve them to get you past the auto-mod threshold so you can post without the need for mod approval.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

Greetings fellow primate and Welcome to Bullshido! I have exactly no information about KC but there are some members from the area. Hopefully they will pop up and be useful.

Also keep in mind Judo is STILL cheap, widely available in big cities and tried and true. The right club will be happy to work with and help you through your limitations. I am getting back into it right now myself after a three year break...because of back surgery.

If you are worried either go get a check up and talk to a physical therapist or take it easy and just give it some time and see if anything pops up.

Lots of Martial Artists conquer back injuries. It just takes time and care.

Comment

I'm just here to say welcome to Bullshido. You'll likely get some really good advice and guidance here.

Comment

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
          Also keep in mind Judo is STILL cheap, widely available in big cities and tried and true. The right club will be happy to work with and help you through your limitations. I am getting back into it right now myself after a three year break...because of back surgery.

If you are worried either go get a check up and talk to a physical therapist or take it easy and just give it some time and see if anything pops up.

Lots of Martial Artists conquer back injuries. It just takes time and care.
          I'm going to reboot in judo. There are a couple of good clubs 15 minutes away. I'll have a talk with my PCP before I start. I'm not in any pain nor do I notice any limitations in range of motion. I pulled my mat out last week, did some rolls and had my wife seoi nage me several times without any ill effect. I'll be nervous the first few times, though, when one of the beefier guys with a judo belly gets a hold of me but I think I'll be fine. Also, my earlier experience taught me to watch out with the lower, more inexperienced belts.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X