Top 5 WORST Martial Arts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BKR View Post
    I managed to avoid breaking any bone. No surgery for me either, as after I had healed up, done all the PT I could, and went back to get evaluated for surgery, it was discovered that I had fairly severe osteoarthritis in my right shoulder (that was one ugly X-Ray). The MD said he was afraid that if he did the reconstruction, that my shoulder would just lock up during the 3 month "no movement" recovery before PT began again. So no fixed shoulder for me...
    Very understandable that after all those years of Judo, you have accelerated the degenerative process of your joints. Love is a bitch like that.

On the topic of worst Martial Arts - I think the criteria and evaluation methodology was fair and well thought out. While outliers always exist, the systems being derided earned it for the most part. That many of the practitioners are oblivious, or willfully ignorant to its shortcomings, is why they continue to fail.

That the rare excellent fighter can emerge from one, is more attributable to their succeeding in spite of it, and not because of it. / IMO

Comment

Wing Chun wins. It always wins. Resistance is futile, I stand with an army 1000,000 strong, you cannot stop us.

Comment

Can you chain punch your way out from under a master of lay-and-pray? No? I didn't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by surferdude View Post
          Very understandable that after all those years of Judo, you have accelerated the degenerative process of your joints. Love is a bitch like that.

On the topic of worst Martial Arts - I think the criteria and evaluation methodology was fair and well thought out. While outliers always exist, the systems being derided earned it for the most part. That many of the practitioners are oblivious, or willfully ignorant to its shortcomings, is why they continue to fail.

That the rare excellent fighter can emerge from one, is more attributable to their succeeding in spite of it, and not because of it. / IMO
          Yeah, if I had it to do over again I wouldn't change my practice of Judo...

Outliers will happen, mostly due to cross training.

Comment

I don't fear Delta Jackson, my strength comes from my ability to make my conviction a blade. I fight for all my nakama, their support gives me the strength to overcome any adversary.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that's what Harold Howard said before he met Dan Severn...

Comment

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
                I'm pretty sure that's what Harold Howard said before he met Dan Severn...
                If you're chunnin' on, CHUN ON!

Comment

Originally posted by wingchunx2z View Post
                  Wing Chun wins. It always wins. Resistance is futile, I stand with an army 1000,000 strong, you cannot stop us.
                  From the smoldering innards of a war-ravaged city, a squirming monolith strikes for the heavens and attempts to crack the very firmament separating humanity from the waters above. The snow-white tower of flesh quivers and trembles, it's hominal bricks wanting desperately to escape the prison which their very bodies are mortared in to. In defiance of all known facets of gravity, however, the structure stands... An abomination to reality itself.

Wing Chun Soldier #89,456: Dear God, let us go!

Wing Chun Soldier #485: AHHHHHHHHH!!!

High, high above Terra at the apex of this magnificent, horrifying structure, a black crown rests triumphantly atop his conquered subjects. With a voice befitting the Almighty himself, the sultan looks down upon his writhing underlings and speaks.

Delta Jackson: I think now it is apparent that you have underestimated me by a great deal.
                  Last edited by Holy Moment; 1/06/2015 7:58pm, .

Comment

Wing Chun doesn't need more zeroes. It needs a hero. A 7 foot, 300 lb goliath for whom "trap" means he can crush your head with his thumb and index finger, maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                      Wing Chun doesn't need more zeroes. It needs a hero. A 7 foot, 300 lb goliath for whom "trap" means he can crush your head with his thumb and index finger, maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                        Maybe if chunners didn't insist that their Chinese nun style can defeat heavier, stronger opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
                          Maybe if chunners didn't insist that their Chinese nun style can defeat heavier, stronger opponents.
                          We only speak the truth, and it was developed by a chinese nun, but it was GM Yim Wing Chun who was a simple country girl who truly implemented and refined it over her life.

Comment

We only speak the truth, and it was developed by a chinese nun, but it was GM Yim Wing Chun who was a simple country girl who truly implemented and refined it over her life.
                            Then why doesn't it work?

Comment

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
                              Then why doesn't it work?
                              It works exactly as well as one would expect from a fighting system developed by a country girl.

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
                                Wing Chun might have helped but patience and rabbit punches (tu choi) really won the battle.

If do right, no can defense.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X