Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any non traditional muay thai gyms in Thailand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any non traditional muay thai gyms in Thailand?

Hey everyone!

I'm looking for a muay thai gym in Thailand that only focuses on what you actually do in the ring. So no running, skipping, or pushups after each round. That would be ideal. If that doesn't exist, a gym that avoids pushups after each round will also work for me. I prefer to do extra conditioning on my own. Do gyms like this exist? Thanks!!!

Not really an Advanced Striking Discussion or even an technique discussion. Moving to YMAS.

Comment

You could just go to a normal gym and have a little rest while everyone else is doing push ups. Then have another little rest while they're doing skipping. Read the paper while they're running about.

Just tell them that you do all of that other stuff at home when no ones looking.

Comment

Or, since you already know everything, you could just start your own gym and train yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by demonrager View Post
          Hey everyone!

I'm looking for a muay thai gym in Thailand where I only have to listen to one half of the instruction given to me by seasoned and experienced athletes.
          ...So exactly.... What... Kind of conditioning are you doing that's better for Muay Thai than what your coaches are doing?

Sent from my C5155 using Bullshido - No BS MMA mobile app

Comment

Uh im pretty sure you are describing a modern gym thats found every where and is the same from any number of arts forom boxing to sanda....
            Last edited by nihao; 11/29/2014 12:28am, . Reason: bad spelling

Comment

If you are a paying customer and tell them you don't want to do press ups, they won't force you to in any gym. But they might look at you as if you were daft.

There are a few "non-traditional" muaythai gyms in bkk; legend muay thai just off sathorn and rsm muay thai academy which has a couple of locations (sukhumvit and thong lo i think.)

These gyms don't really have active fighters on the bkk scene, which is primarily how a traditional gym makes it's money, and are geared towards the higher end of the market.

But why bother? If you are coming over to thailand, wouldn't it be more of experience to just live how it is done here? Their dedication and training methods (which even in "traditional" gyms change) produce fighters like nong-o. Which is an excuse to post his last fight hehehe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp-n...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Originally posted by demonrager View Post
                I'm looking for a muay thai gym in Thailand that only focuses on what you actually do in the ring.
                Challenge one's cardio?

Comment

Try watching JCVD's "Kickboxer" a few times - that should give you everything you need without the effort. You won't even need to travel to Thailand

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X