Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you want to get better at BJJ competition get better at Judo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want to get better at BJJ competition get better at Judo.

If you want to get better at Judo competitions, get better at Judo.

Originally posted by King Sleepless View Post
    Long time no see !

You competing now ?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Try to. I'll probably pick up more in the following months. This year was training for Ninja Warrior.

Comment

Try to. I'll probably pick up more in the following months. This year was training for Ninja Warrior.
        You make the cut, or going to try?

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Correction, get better at takedowns, be they from Judo, SOMBO or wrestling.

It's hard to recover from being slammed onto the mat during competition, especially if the person throwing you maintains good control all the way to the mat.
          Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
            You make the cut, or going to try?
            I made it on this year as a tester because they ran out of room for competitors and generally ANW has only had 3 asians per region on the show.

I'll probably be on the show the next coming year! I'm officially modeling for Atomik Climbing holds now though! So that's something, though that's more or less an accident because I did a promotional video for them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmsX0DIHfBE

Enjoy!

Originally posted by jnp View Post

It's hard to recover from being slammed onto the mat during competition, especially if the person throwing you maintains good control all the way to the mat.
            I don't get this idea that Judo doesn't teach control all the way to the mat. I have exactly 0 problem with this. I always keep control on my throws and takedowns and it translates out to wrestling and no-gi perfectly fine.

Comment

I tried, but there was that annoying racket in the background and this scarcely clad dude basically hanging off the mini - wrecking ball so I decided to wait until he hires Michael Bay for his videos. Or Spielberg. Both versions would be immensely more fun to watch. For different reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by jnp View Post

Love judo, can anyone point me out to Judo's "response" to the following stance:

Comment

Could you fireman's carry?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1zKstJFS8Eo
                  Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
                  http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Comment

Originally posted by ouchboy View Post
                    Love judo, can anyone point me out to Judo's "response" to the following stance:

"Pass the toilet paper, please".

Stand up and back away, taunting the guy to "stand up and fight like a man"?

Seriously,though, I'd probably do a two on one on the guys lead arm and close distancee, maybe pressing it between our bodies for control, maybe get a whizzer. From there, I'd have to see what happened. Might be able to take his back,might be able to do an ankle pick.

Comment

Shido

Comment

I would go for the top of his gi and when he inevitably goes for the single leg, I'll sprawl and take his back using his gi as an extra leverage point and knowing exactly that he'll go for the single leg. Either that or I'll do a modified sae sae to get him on his back.

Originally posted by Stickybomb View Post
                        I tried, but there was that annoying racket in the background and this scarcely clad dude basically hanging off the mini - wrecking ball so I decided to wait until he hires Michael Bay for his videos. Or Spielberg. Both versions would be immensely more fun to watch. For different reasons.
                        I'm wearing a t-shirt and pants dude. What the fuck are you talking about?

Comment

Kick to the face.
                          Dan Severn loves raping people.

Comment

Originally posted by NeilG View Post
                            Shido
                            Defensive posture?

Comment

Originally posted by NeilG View Post
                              Shido
                              Double post deleted...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X