X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by 35k1l0 View Post
    I can't understand people who think they can beat 5 people in a row using any kind of martial arts.
    All it takes is some boxing skill and a cool head.

I've seen these kinds of videos of one guy vs multiple attackers from Turkey, China, and yes, even the US.

Omega's simple routine is the tactic. Hit and run....stick and move.

Leave a comment:

• Omega Supreme
    replied
    Nice Kung Fu trailer! I wonder if Jackie Chan or Jet Li will make an appearance.

I can't understand people who think they can beat 5 people in a row using any kind of martial arts.
    I have.....twice. It's quite simple-run....hit....run...hit...run....hit....

Eventually logic comes to mind and they stop chasing you.

Leave a comment:

• 35k1l0
    replied
    Nice Kung Fu trailer! I wonder if Jackie Chan or Jet Li will make an appearance.

Leave a comment:

• BJMills
    replied
    Originally posted by Permalost View Post
    I know a shou shu guy on Facebook, so I asked him for an example of good shou shu, and got this crap:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aice02Yf440
    To be fair to the OP...

Yep, that video did look a lot like what I saw in Roadhouse.

Leave a comment:

• Chili Pepper
    replied
    Must've taken them a long time to choreograph all that.

Leave a comment:

• Omega Supreme
    replied
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNKsvDhi81k

Leave a comment:

• Permalost
    replied
    I know a shou shu guy on Facebook, so I asked him for an example of good shou shu, and got this crap:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aice02Yf440

Leave a comment:

• BJMills
    replied
    Originally posted by mike321 View Post
    Question to people who have worked as bouncers: has anyone ever decided to work as a bouncer after training martial arts but was unwilling to do the job previously?
    I never worked as a bouncer but I saw the movie Roadhouse like 50 times. Does that qualify me to answer your question?

Leave a comment:

• 35k1l0
    replied
    Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    You can beat the crap out of people with no training whatsoever. Monkeys do it all the time. So you can also beat the crap out of someone with any of the arts you mentioned, whether it's boxing or Shaolin kung fu. As far as the "pure" arts are concerned, there is no fucking difference except in your mind and lack of skill.

Don't be a dichotomous simpleton, throwing some arts in buckets and other arts in another. Such a worthless endeavor. Instead, master yourself and figure out how to make the art work for you, whatever that means.
    Words of wisdown, TY Sir Rabbit.

Leave a comment:

• mike321
    replied
    Question to people who have worked as bouncers: has anyone ever decided to work as a bouncer after training martial arts but was unwilling to do the job previously?

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    If you want a Martial Art just for its principles, internal style or w/e B/S you can imagine for it's philosophy, practice JKD, Tai Chi, __ing __un or any Shaolin Kung Fu.
    You can beat the crap out of people with no training whatsoever. Monkeys do it all the time. So you can also beat the crap out of someone with any of the arts you mentioned, whether it's boxing or Shaolin kung fu. As far as the "pure" arts are concerned, there is no fucking difference except in your mind and lack of skill.

Don't be a dichotomous simpleton, throwing some arts in buckets and other arts in another. Such a worthless endeavor. Instead, master yourself and figure out how to make the art work for you, whatever that means.

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by doofaloofa
    I had my left testicle removed by shu shu

Tru tru story
    What is the connection between San Soo and Shou Shu? Do you know?

Leave a comment:

• 35k1l0
    replied
    Originally posted by It is Fake View Post
    No, the self defense makes absolutely no sense.
    Probally, I just started on that thing, and some movements are really.... unnatural, but w/e, I'm enjoying the MA.

Leave a comment:

• It is Fake
    replied
    No, the self defense makes absolutely no sense.

Leave a comment:

• 35k1l0
    replied
    Originally posted by Machina View Post
    If Shou Shu is so bad, then why don't you recommend be a better martial art instead of picking fights?
    As a Beginner in Wing Chun and pretty much experienced in Kyokushin Karate, I reccomend that you (someone who wants a martial arts to beat the crap of people) train Boxing, BJJ, Muay Thai or Kyokushin Karate.

If you want a Martial Art just for its principles, internal style or w/e B/S you can imagine for it's philosophy, practice JKD, Tai Chi, __ing __un or any Shaolin Kung Fu.

But for you,I highly reccommend that you quit Shou Shu and go for Boxing because it fits your fighting personality.

Personally, I'm training Wing Chun because I love Kung Fu and I love it's principle, and not for the fighting (almost useless) and self-defense (that makes a bit of sense).

Hope I helped.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X