Why all the Shou Shu hate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 35k1l0 View Post
    Nice Kung Fu trailer! I wonder if Jackie Chan or Jet Li will make an appearance.

I can't understand people who think they can beat 5 people in a row using any kind of martial arts.
    I have.....twice. It's quite simple-run....hit....run...hit...run....hit....

Eventually logic comes to mind and they stop chasing you.

Comment

Originally posted by 35k1l0 View Post
      I can't understand people who think they can beat 5 people in a row using any kind of martial arts.
      All it takes is some boxing skill and a cool head.

I've seen these kinds of videos of one guy vs multiple attackers from Turkey, China, and yes, even the US.

Omega's simple routine is the tactic. Hit and run....stick and move.

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
        ...and a bunch of opponents that really, really suck.

Comment

I've seen these kinds of videos of one guy vs multiple attackers from Turkey, China, and yes, even the US.

Omega's simple routine is the tactic. Hit and run....stick and move.
          Nice video (and boxing skillz), I just love how they keep dropping.

But I wasn't very clear on my statement, I was trying to say that, some people BELIEVE they can drop alot of people by using some MA and be some kind of Jackie Chan/Bruce Lee or w/e using it's Kung Fu and wash away people.

I get your logic and it's pretty useful, but as you said, you probally are experienced in Boxing or some MA and keeping your head cool, but as a newbie it is highly discouraged.

Comment

Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
            ...and a bunch of opponents that really, really suck.
            Most people suck. Whether it be fighting, driving, thinking...

That's why the "cool head" part is so important. It'll save your life.

Comment

I'll just leave this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGkHQtxs_AM

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
                Judas Priest...that has to be the worst daih dao form I've ever seen.

The Great Knife is not so great when taught in the park by a yahoo to a bunch of other yahoos.

They didn't even add sound effects or real saber techniques, from what I can tell.

For comparison, this one has sound effects and real "great knife" techniques. Very similar to the Hung ga moon flowing knife forms (Hang Yuet Dahn Do).

Comment

Oops, I meant to post this vid, which may be the worst martial arts vid ever made:
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF-d31ErdOI

Its like it was made by the Team Chip TKD video editor.

Comment

Judas Priest...that has to be the worst daih dao form I've ever seen.

The Great Knife is not so great when taught in the park by a yahoo to a bunch of other yahoos.

They didn't even add sound effects or real saber techniques, from what I can tell.

For comparison, this one has sound effects and real "great knife" techniques. Very similar to the Hung ga moon flowing knife forms (Hang Yuet Dahn Do).

Simple sword form bullshit test: does the form contain unnecessary grip changes so you can hold it like a big icepick? If yes, bullshit.

Comment

Simple sword form bullshit test: does the form contain unnecessary grip changes so you can hold it like a big icepick? If yes, bullshit.
                      Does the person at any point perform a 360 degree spin? Roll on the floor? Kick or punch instead of, you know, cutting the other guy with the sword?

Comment

I love when the a martial arts sparring looks nothing like its Forms or Drills.

Comment

Originally posted by NeilG View Post
                          Does the person at any point perform a 360 degree spin? Roll on the floor? Kick or punch instead of, you know, cutting the other guy with the sword?
                          Do you ever use swords made of actual metal?

Comment

How the hell do you hold a big icepick? Is it different from a little ice pick?

Comment

Originally posted by NeilG View Post
                              not as much as in this vid:
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQciDwyK39o

Comment

How the hell do you hold a big icepick? Is it different from a little ice pick?

edit: I should point out I was only talking shit about the shou shu sword vid. The way the Hung Ga guy starts and ends the form with the sword nestled in the left arm is pretty standard and not a bad way to carry a sword around when not combatting.
                                Last edited by Permalost; 7/10/2014 5:18pm, .

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X