Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why all the Shou Shu hate?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Originally posted by nihao View Post
    Whats up with the name shou shu, it means surgery in chinese.
    That's a reference to how they can rip your heart out of your chest with their bare hands.

    Comment


      #47
      Originally posted by Chili Pepper View Post
      That's a reference to how they can rip your heart out of your chest with their bare hands.
      Unimpressed unless they can show it to the enemy, still beating, as he dies.

      Comment


        #48
        Originally posted by Machina View Post
        If Shou Shu is so bad, then why don't you recommend be a better martial art instead of picking fights?
        As a Beginner in Wing Chun and pretty much experienced in Kyokushin Karate, I reccomend that you (someone who wants a martial arts to beat the crap of people) train Boxing, BJJ, Muay Thai or Kyokushin Karate.

        If you want a Martial Art just for its principles, internal style or w/e B/S you can imagine for it's philosophy, practice JKD, Tai Chi, __ing __un or any Shaolin Kung Fu.


        But for you,I highly reccommend that you quit Shou Shu and go for Boxing because it fits your fighting personality.

        Personally, I'm training Wing Chun because I love Kung Fu and I love it's principle, and not for the fighting (almost useless) and self-defense (that makes a bit of sense).

        Hope I helped.

        Comment


          #49
          No, the self defense makes absolutely no sense.

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by It is Fake View Post
            No, the self defense makes absolutely no sense.
            Probally, I just started on that thing, and some movements are really.... unnatural, but w/e, I'm enjoying the MA.

            Comment


              #51
              Originally posted by doofaloofa
              I had my left testicle removed by shu shu

              Tru tru story
              What is the connection between San Soo and Shou Shu? Do you know?

              Comment


                #52
                Originally posted by 35k1l0 View Post
                If you want a Martial Art just for its principles, internal style or w/e B/S you can imagine for it's philosophy, practice JKD, Tai Chi, __ing __un or any Shaolin Kung Fu.
                You can beat the crap out of people with no training whatsoever. Monkeys do it all the time. So you can also beat the crap out of someone with any of the arts you mentioned, whether it's boxing or Shaolin kung fu. As far as the "pure" arts are concerned, there is no fucking difference except in your mind and lack of skill.

                Don't be a dichotomous simpleton, throwing some arts in buckets and other arts in another. Such a worthless endeavor. Instead, master yourself and figure out how to make the art work for you, whatever that means.

                Comment


                  #53
                  Question to people who have worked as bouncers: has anyone ever decided to work as a bouncer after training martial arts but was unwilling to do the job previously?

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                    You can beat the crap out of people with no training whatsoever. Monkeys do it all the time. So you can also beat the crap out of someone with any of the arts you mentioned, whether it's boxing or Shaolin kung fu. As far as the "pure" arts are concerned, there is no fucking difference except in your mind and lack of skill.

                    Don't be a dichotomous simpleton, throwing some arts in buckets and other arts in another. Such a worthless endeavor. Instead, master yourself and figure out how to make the art work for you, whatever that means.
                    Words of wisdown, TY Sir Rabbit.

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Originally posted by mike321 View Post
                      Question to people who have worked as bouncers: has anyone ever decided to work as a bouncer after training martial arts but was unwilling to do the job previously?
                      I never worked as a bouncer but I saw the movie Roadhouse like 50 times. Does that qualify me to answer your question?

                      Comment


                        #56
                        I know a shou shu guy on Facebook, so I asked him for an example of good shou shu, and got this crap:
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aice02Yf440

                        Comment


                          #57
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNKsvDhi81k

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Must've taken them a long time to choreograph all that.

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Originally posted by Permalost View Post
                              I know a shou shu guy on Facebook, so I asked him for an example of good shou shu, and got this crap:
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aice02Yf440
                              To be fair to the OP...

                              Yep, that video did look a lot like what I saw in Roadhouse.

                              Comment


                                #60
                                Nice Kung Fu trailer! I wonder if Jackie Chan or Jet Li will make an appearance.

                                I can't understand people who think they can beat 5 people in a row using any kind of martial arts.

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X