Why all the Shou Shu hate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why all the Shou Shu hate?

Personalty the shou shu school I'm currently attending teaches more practical fighting than the TKD and Wing Chun school I went to. The TKD was good though, as it wasn't straight TKD. It was TKD with a proper emphasis with on boxing, and lot's of sparring, sometimes for 20 minutes at a time.

The wing chun class is actually the best one in my town with a very well known Wing chun Master. It was good in it's own right, but it wasn't as applicable, and street intensive as the Shou Shu class I'm currently attending.

We have cops, body guards, people from other martial arts who QUIT their old art to practice Shou Shu. I was expecting it to be just meh based on everything I read online but so far, it's superb.
    I had been out of martial arts classes for a few years, in which I just went around sparring other martial artist, boxers and 'street fighters' and practicing on my own and not to toot my own horn or anything but I was not to be messed with. I went to Shou Shu, sparred one of the Sifu's and it was nothing like my other encounters, I was highly impressed. For once in quite a while, I was outmatched.

I understand the history is a bit murky but isn't the Martial aspect of martial arts the most important? and why is there copious amounts of Shu hate online? what caused this?

Probably due to that fact that Shou Shu practitioners can't read and post these questions in the MABS investigation forum.

Moved to YMAS.

Comment

'for once in quite a while, I was outmatched.'

you're a tool, and the other schools you went to were probably not as good as you believe
      I also doubt you fought any decent martial artists or boxers (who are also martial artists, tool), because you would've had your ass handed to you multiple times, even if the schools you went to were good

big fish, small pond. glad you're enjoying whatever it is you're doing now

(no I'm not claiming to be a better fighter than you, nor do I need to in order justify calling you a tool, before you bitch about it)

Comment

Originally posted by Machina View Post
        I understand the history is a bit murky but isn't the Martial aspect of martial arts the most important? and why is there copious amounts of Shu hate online? what caused this?
        What caused this? The puffed-up blather about how awesome they are, when compared to shit-tacular sparring like that below (supposedly two Shou Shu blackbelts) :

Comment

Personalty the shou shu school I'm currently attending teaches more practical fighting than the TKD and Wing Chun school I went to.
          That's like bragging that you treat women better than Chris Brown.

The TKD was good though, as it wasn't straight TKD. It was TKD with a proper emphasis with on boxing, and lot's of sparring, sometimes for 20 minutes at a time.
          Isn't it always? Every poster who shows up here has teh TKD with teh r34l sparring, and I can't find 10 seconds of it on YouTube.

The wing chun class is actually the best one in my town
          Tallest midget.

with a very well known Wing chun Master.
          Here are two internationally reknowned Wing Chun masters, in an actual fight with one another.

It was good in it's own right, but it wasn't as applicable, and street intensive as the Shou Shu class I'm currently attending.
          Slightly taller than the shortest midget.

We have cops, body guards, people from other martial arts who QUIT their old art to practice Shou Shu.
          Yes, and SEAL-hunting mercenaries, and superheroes. Nobody with a fight record, of course.

I was expecting it to be just meh based on everything I read online but so far, it's superb.
          Superb, as rated by a guy that thinks TKD and wing Chun are fighting arts.

I had been out of martial arts classes for a few years, in which I just went around sparring other martial artist, boxers and 'street fighters' and practicing on my own and not to toot my own horn or anything but I was not to be messed with.
          Impressed by the least effective martial arts conceived by the minds of ineffective men, but not somebody to be messed with. Sure. Sounds legit.

I went to Shou Shu, sparred one of the Sifu's and it was nothing like my other encounters, I was highly impressed. For once in quite a while, I was outmatched.
          Try a round with a 18 year old Golden Gloves boxer. After you wake up, you will have a new understanding of what "outmatched" means.

I understand the history is a bit murky
          The history is quite clear. See also: Milli Vannili.

but isn't the Martial aspect of martial arts the most important?
          Yes.

and why is there copious amounts of Shu hate online?
          It sucks.

what caused this?
          It sucks.

Comment

As far as I can tell, there hasn't been any mention of this style in a long time here. What prompted you to bring it up again?

Comment

Look up what sucks about kempo and replace the words kempo with shou shu. That ought to be about right.

Comment

Originally posted by CrackFox View Post
                As far as I can tell, there hasn't been any mention of this style in a long time here. What prompted you to bring it up again?
                He is all excited about his new school got on the internet to see how much of a beast it will make him and then discovered that its mostly crap. Mostly its an ego thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
                  That's like bragging that you treat women better than Chris Brown.

Isn't it always? Every poster who shows up here has teh TKD with teh r34l sparring, and I can't find 10 seconds of it on YouTube.

Tallest midget.

Here are two internationally reknowned Wing Chun masters, in an actual fight with one another.

Slightly taller than the shortest midget.

Yes, and SEAL-hunting mercenaries, and superheroes. Nobody with a fight record, of course.

Superb, as rated by a guy that thinks TKD and wing Chun are fighting arts.

Impressed by the least effective martial arts conceived by the minds of ineffective men, but not somebody to be messed with. Sure. Sounds legit.

Try a round with a 18 year old Golden Gloves boxer. After you wake up, you will have a new understanding of what "outmatched" means.

The history is quite clear. See also: Milli Vannili.

Yes.

It sucks.

It sucks.

I can understand your feelings on the sparring as you have not seen a video and that just seems the rule around here.
                  I've knocked out people with TKD, I don't understand your hate for it.
                  It's helped me win s 2 on 1 fight, what's so inconceivable about well executed Tae Kwon Do?

One of the instructors was a golden glove boxing champion...I'm unsure of what you mean. He also did jujitsu, and what quite effective with it. They worked some of the roughest clubs in town as guards. I'm pretty sure they're not b/sing.

You're delusional wing chun is anything but a fighting art have you checked your history? Or do you just think that everyone in china can't fight or something?
                  or do you think because it's not UFC friendly its not a fighting art?

And how can you judge an entire system based off of a few clowns on youtube, that sounds silly to be. A bjj guy tried to take me down and I knocked him out. Does that mean BJJ is garbage?

Comment

Originally posted by soft touch View Post
                    'for once in quite a while, I was outmatched.'

you're a tool, and the other schools you went to were probably not as good as you believe
                    I also doubt you fought any decent martial artists or boxers (who are also martial artists, tool), because you would've had your ass handed to you multiple times, even if the schools you went to were good

big fish, small pond. glad you're enjoying whatever it is you're doing now

(no I'm not claiming to be a better fighter than you, nor do I need to in order justify calling you a tool, before you bitch about it)
                    LOL What's with the attitude?
                    Someone have bad day and need to take out their aggression online? or do they just teach you to have a bad attitude and act like a tough guy wherever you train.

You can have all the doubts you want, doesn't change what's happened.

Comment

LOL What's with the attitude?
                      Someone have bad day and need to take out their aggression online? or do they just teach you to have a bad attitude and act like a tough guy wherever you train.

You can have all the doubts you want, doesn't change what's happened.
                      Most of the Shoe Shoe guys are whining little bitches. We see that nothing has changed. Before you reply I'd be more than happy to do a few rounds with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Omega Supreme View Post
                        Most of the Shoe Shoe guys are whining little bitches. We see that nothing has changed. Before you reply I'd be more than happy to do a few rounds with you.
                        Really? The people at the school I go to seem real nice, and humble.

Really, I showed nothing but respect when I came on here but now I see that I'm automatically a 'villain' because I recently joined Shou shu. Quite unfortunate, I was hoping that I'd be able to come on this forum and actually learn something. not be villified for joining a Shou Shu studio. I didn't come on here to pick any fights.

If everyone on here is so damn bad? What's with the attitude? Personally, I like to help people whenever I'm sure of myself.

If Shou Shu is so bad, then why don't you recommend be a better martial art instead of picking fights?

Comment

I can understand your feelings on the sparring as you have not seen a video and that just seems the rule around here.
                          Care to post a good shou shu sparring vid then?

One of the instructors was a golden glove boxing champion...I'm unsure of what you mean.
                          What's their name?
                          You're delusional wing chun is anything but a fighting art have you checked your history?
                          Can you name a few fighting champions who beat others with wing chun then?

Or do you just think that everyone in china can't fight or something?
                          Everyone in China doesn't do wing chun. In fact it seems far more popular in the west.

Fighting in any capacity at all would go a long way for the chun's reputation, but its on them to actually fight instead of just theorize about it.

And how can you judge an entire system based off of a few clowns on youtube, that sounds silly to be.
                          Wing chun has more than a few clowns on Youtube. The chun's signal to noise ratio is very bad online.

A bjj guy tried to take me down and I knocked him out. Does that mean BJJ is garbage?
                          Who, when, where and why?

Comment

And how can you judge an entire system based off of a few clowns on youtube, that sounds silly to be. A bjj guy tried to take me down and I knocked him out. Does that mean BJJ is garbage?
                            2002 just texted me and said "get the fuck off the internet with your tired ass arguments."

I KO'd people blah blah blah. WHo cares? If you like what you do train it and quit worrying about what people say.

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
                              Care to post a good shou shu sparring vid then?

What's their name?

Can you name a few fighting champions who beat others with wing chun then?

Everyone in China doesn't do wing chun. In fact it seems far more popular in the west.

Fighting in any capacity at all would go a long way for the chun's reputation, but its on them to actually fight instead of just theorize about it.

Wing chun has more than a few clowns on Youtube. The chun's signal to noise ratio is very bad online.

Who, when, where and why?
                              I just started SS.
                              Sorry, I can't post any videos yet, as it wouldn't be Shou Shu if I was in it. It'd be a mix of TKD, and grappling with some WC strikes.
                              My SS is very newbish.

I was referring to SS, not WC. But I guess the same applies. As I doubted SS when I saw the videos online too. But My opinion quickly changed when i went to a GOOD SS school and sparred an instructor, and some of his understudies.

Yeah, I can understand. That's why I quit WC after about 2 years, but there close range can be effective. Usually use long range attacks to set up Close range.

I was referring to SS not WC, but I guess the same could apply.

Some MMA meathead near my old college.
                              He tried to punk me, and I was having no part of it.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X