No announcement yet.

"Selfe Defense=Rape Culture"-Feminists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will give 'rape culture' some serious consideration...when there is a general consensus on what defines 'rape culture', where the culture originates from in the U.S., where it is now in the U.S. and who the members of this culture happen to be.

Until then, I'll continue to chalk up rape to bad people doing bad things.

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake View Post
      No, it was Chuck Hardin, a certain Judoka and internal politics.
      Just out of curiosity is this a reference to say this?
      http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=97601

Comment

Don't be too hard on him. He just needs a strong male role model.

Comment

Yes, but not in the way you think. The Judoka I am referring to has basically, nothing to do with that thread.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
            On a lighter note, I'm surprised their isn't more of a backlash against the idea of someone who does Tae Kwon Do as being an authority on self-defense.
            That was pretty much all I was thinking. She does taekwondo and weighs a buck fifteen soaking wet.

(tried and failed to post yougon'getraped.jpg)

Comment

I rolled my eyes.

Comment

[Words by Margaret Hope Bacon; melody, traditional (Battle Hymn of the Republic)]

On the island of Nantucket she was born beside the sea
                All her long life she fought bravely to make slaves and women free
                And she told us that where God dwells there must be true liberty
                And her light still shines for me

Chorus:
                Thank thee kindly, Friend Lucretia (3x)
                For thy light still shines for me

In the town of Philadelphia she hid the fleeing slaves
                For the freedom of her sisters she dared cross the ocean waves
                And she asked Ulysses Grant to grant a pardon for the braves...

"Let's bring an end to poverty" the gentle Quaker pled
                "Let's give the workers all a chance to earn their daily bread
                Let the nations live in peace again just as our Lord has said"...

Throughout the busy cities and across the countryside
                She preached one simple message, "Oh, let Truth be e'er thy guide
                Mind the light within thee and let love with thee abide"...
                Fuck Twitter.
                Last edited by W. Rabbit; 6/10/2014 7:44pm, . Reason: Fuck it, right in the ass.

Comment

I rolled my eyes.
                  Off topic, but I just wanted to say that that Godzilla gif has never failed to cause me to explode with uproarious laughter.

Bravo on finding it, sir.

Comment

Well, you "sort of" don't discount rape culture. So, you do understand that means you coach team rape right?
                    I confess I'm not sure what you mean by this. Can you explain?
                    Before you all continue losing your minds define "culture" and then build your argument.
                    Yeah, that's on target. When I write stuff on my own, I avoid using the term "rape culture" for the very reason that "culture" is a word that needs defining. I should have had the good sense to carry that rule over into my Bullshido posting.
                    Last edited by OwlMatt; 6/10/2014 8:43pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
                      On a lighter note, I'm surprised their isn't more of a backlash against the idea of someone who does Tae Kwon Do as being an authority on self-defense.
                      To be honest I thought about bringing that up in my earlier post on feminism...

But then I'd be derailing my own topic, so I figured someone else would get around to it sooner or later.

I also think- after watching the q&a on youtube- that she just threw in that whole self defense angle to serve as a lead in to 'I'm a fourth degree black belt' which was just another way of saying 'hey, I'm not just another pretty face.'

Unfortunately for her the proper response is, 'of course you are... you do tae kwon do.'

Comment

Originally posted by BJMills View Post
                        Unfortunately for her the proper response is, 'of course you are...
                        So is that 9 year old in the black belt program

Comment

I think I recall a video posted on bullshido where a couple of tea kwon do guys were hard sparring in a ring, and they looked pretty good. So I'm not saying there is no such thing as decent tkd, however....

I've personally never seen a tkd school that wasn't a child black belt mill. And I know this is absolute crazy talk, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say miss USA certainly doesn't look like she's done much of that full contact tkd.

Comment

Originally posted by BJMills View Post
                            I think I recall a video posted on bullshido where a couple of tea kwon do guys were hard sparring in a ring, and they looked pretty good. So I'm not saying there is no such thing as decent tkd, however....

I've personally never seen a tkd school that wasn't a child black belt mill. And I know this is absolute crazy talk, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say miss USA certainly doesn't look like she's done much of that full contact tkd.
                            There were some tkd schools in aus that were feeder schools for kick boxing. Back in the day. Tkders from there were legitimately hard men or gangsters.

Jamal hasan comes to mind when considering legitimate hard fighting tkd.

http://www.otctaekwondo.com

Comment

Originally posted by doofaloofa
                              *wipes away tear*

But if we remove female suffrage should women not also be exempt from paying tax?
                              Taxed on what how well she pops out children or cooks and cleans?

Comment

Originally posted by doofaloofa
                                *wipes away tear*

Why won't Devil answer my question?

But if we remove female suffrage should women not also be exempt from paying tax?

You know 'No taxation without representation'

Could we afford that?

Oh, you must be sitting there thinking you've stumped me. Isn't that cute? Not even close. I get busy and respond to the questions that interest me. You'll wait your fucking turn.

What would be better if women weren't allowed to vote? Well, most everything. Men tend to think more rationally and logically, whereas women tend to be more emotional in their decision making, which is always wrong. That doesn't mean there aren't dumbass men who make dumbass decisions....I'm looking at you, doofa. But on average, you'd get more sound decision making if you excluded women from the political process.

Should women be exempt from paying taxes? They shouldn't owe any in the first place, because they should be at home raising their children and making biscuits.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X