No announcement yet.

"Selfe Defense=Rape Culture"-Feminists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bull fucking shit. Go ahead and have sympathy...fuck them and this bullshit. Most men do not rape. The ones that do ignore the law and morality just like every other criminal.
    Her actual quote:
    “I believe that some colleges may potentially be afraid of having a bad reputation and that would be a reason it could be swept under the rug, because they don’t want that to come out into the public,”Nia Sanchez said. “But I think more awareness is very important so women can learn how to protect themselves. Myself, as a fourth-degree black belt, I learned from a young age that you need to be confident and be able to defend yourself. And I think that’s something that we should start to really implement for a lot of women.”

Oh and can I get an LOL, for feminists whining about what an objectified woman stated. I find heaps of irony and hypocrisy in their words.

Comment

Originally posted by Devil View Post
      There is no rape culture. What a stupid fucking concept.
      Not in American society at large, but certain factions of the populace are culturally prone to rape. The close-knit and sometimes rigorously structured nature of these isolated communities can make it extremely difficult for a victim to report what happened to him/her. Just check this out:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=1#post2811155

Comment

The close-knit and sometimes rigorously structured nature of these isolated communities can make it extremely difficult for a victim to report what happened to him/her. Just check this out:
        While I agree, reporting and rape culture are two different arguments.

Comment

Originally posted by Devil View Post
          Where? And what is different about it now? Or is it simply that human behavior remains shitty as usual and the discourse is different because rape is the hot toy of the season at Friscodykes R Us?
          You get it! As I said, bad people tend to do bad things (I generalize a lot). If rape is the name of the game this year and car-jacking is next, then that's just the way it happens.

Comment

I've never heard of a women's self defense class that concluded with "and if women don't learn self defense, its their own fault for being assaulted".

Comment

IMHO, it is critical that you learn where the fuck you are at, learn how to find an escape route if shit goes dreadfully wrong and most important of all, how to not get into a bad spot in the first place. The fourth degree black belt shit may or may not mean anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
                "and if women don't learn self defense, its their own fault for being assaulted".
                Funny, I haven't heard those words come out of Miss America's mouth either.

Comment

While I agree, reporting and rape culture are two different arguments.
                  I was just setting up the "Dan Severn is a rapist" thing I posted.

Comment

The most recent feminist thing to gain some steam was the #yesallmen hashtag, which was an attempt to say that even though not all men are rapists, all women need to be on guard against being raped because some men are rapists. So a feminist backlash against self defense training is weird to me, since just a second ago we were acknowledging that a small percentage of men can cause trouble for women in general.

It also seems weird to me because whenever there's an article where a woman fights off an attacker, the comments section is full of women with "YOU GO, GIRL!" type comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
                      I was just setting up the "Dan Severn is a rapist" thing I posted.
                      I know and I took it seriously to irk you.

Originally posted by slamdunc View Post
                      IMHO, it is critical that you learn where the fuck you are at, learn how to find an escape route if shit goes dreadfully wrong and most important of all, how to not get into a bad spot in the first place. The fourth degree black belt shit may or may not mean anything.
                      Hmmm, why did you remove this part?
                      But I think more awareness is very important so women can learn how to protect themselves.
                      Yeah, okay I'm going to infer that's what she meant with the above quote.

I'm looking for a video so I can get better context. Yes, I know some people are taking it to mean more college rape awareness. I took it as women can learn how to be aware of their surroundings or, like her, learn self defense.

I dislike the "aware of your surrounding" arguments. While true, it doesn't apply as much to rape. Stranger rape is extremely low, it is people you know and acquaintances. So, I think BJJ and legit grappling arts are great for women.
                      Last edited by It is Fake; 6/09/2014 5:09pm, .

Comment

No satire of Feminism would be half as absurd as Feminism itself.

The Feminist movement is the reason men don't take women seriously anymore.

Comment

I know and I took it seriously to irk you.
                          FAGGOT!

Seriously, though, Dan Severn is a rapist. Even though not all speedo-clad, burly Greco-Roman wrestlers with mustaches sodomize people, every man in the country still needs to be on guard because Dan Severn is out there.

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake View Post
                            Hmmm, why did you remove this part?
                            For emphasis on the fourth degree black belt part.
                            Originally posted by It is Fake View Post
                            While true, it doesn't apply as much to rape. Stranger rape is extremely low, it is people you know and acquaintances. So, I think BJJ and legit grappling arts are great for women.
                            I agree that 'date rape' (for lack of a better term) in more prevalent in university towns. I would add who you are with to the where you are at part of awareness.

Comment

Originally posted by slamdunc View Post
                              For emphasis on the fourth degree black belt part.
                              LOL.

I agree that 'date rape' (for lack of a better term) in more prevalent in university towns. I would add who you are with to the where you are at part of awareness.
                              You see what you are doing right? You are whittling down my points to fit your response. Nowhere in my post did I narrow it down to date rape. Date rape isn't the only type of rape that occurs on a college campus. If a woman is with a good friend, on a date with her best friend, at a good friends dorm, at a party, or being with her kin folk the only way to do what you suggest is being hyper sensitive to every man on this planet. AKA PARANOID.

All of the above are scenarios encountered by women I knew or know. Out of all the women I know, where there was an attempt or an actual rape, only one was a stranger rape. Two occurred with females whose father's were police officers and said the same thing you are typing. So,while awareness is important for most crimes, it is lower to me when it comes to most attempted and completed rapes.

Comment

Twitter was invented to capture knee-jerk reactions. Who is really surprised, you are hearing the loud bark of the vocal minority. Most reasonable people agree with her, they won't flock to Twitterville with it though. That my dears was a hungry pack waiting to pounce.

Most reasonable people understand she meant that women can empower themselves via martial arts to protect their bodies if they need to.

If you wanted her to lose, or were just insanely jealous of her (which I am gathering was the problem with most if not all of those Twitterphiles) you obviously heard that she thinks it's the fault of rape victims that they weren't trained to protect themselves.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X