Clarfield Kajukenbo and Self Defense???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clarfield Kajukenbo and Self Defense???

Clarfield Kajukenbo and Self Defense?????
    1301 E University Dr
    Tempe, AZ 85281

Has anybody else tried this place out??--small dirty gym--hidden in the back of a dark complex by a bar--of all places--I am a brown belt in Kajukenbo --hard training--real teachniques and heard this place was open--so I decided to try of their free introductory classes-so see how good they really are-----OMG--what a joke---The Instructor and apparently owner Rob was teaching that night--and was teaching basic Kajukenbo forms incorrectly!!! How is this person supposedly a 2nd degree black belt--it look like he was teaching a weak form of some Kung Fu---It was hard to keep my mouth shut as I am not supposed to show up a supposedly higher ranked Martial Artist-I decided to see what else the night workout held--some basic exercises and then some routines I have seen other MMA Gyms --but this is a Kajukenbo class--not an MMA class--and then Rob--a small skinny guy--started teaching some very robotic alleged self defense moves (1-2-3) using a baton, knofe and gun--again--OMG--what a joke--if you tried this stuff--to defend yourself--you would get killed...--I couldnt take it anymore--and excused myself---DOES anyone know who belted this guy??--as a fellow KAJUKENBO practitioner--I was appalled at what this dojo claims to be a Kajukenbo class---

#1 - you may be interested to learn how punctuation works. Contact me for reasonable rates.

#2 - you have posted this in the section of Bullshido reserved for serious discussion and investigation. A mod will be by shortly to move this to an appropriate forum.

#3 - lurk and read, until you have a better understanding of how the site works. You may wish to post solely in the newbie section until then.

Comment

"OMG" should never be used in MABS. Ever. You used it twice. This makes your post highly questionable.

Comment

Oh well, thanks for posting anyway. I'm interested in how Kaju and Hawaiian Kempo schools are doing. That said, you should read some more before posting too much. Obviously some people are rather serious about what's proper.

We had a bb from a Mainland branch and by the end of class he was really tired and red faced gasping and had his uniform all hanging out. He said that we worked out way harder than they did on the mainland. Which is too bad but expected...
        "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Comment

FWIW...
          http://www.clarfieldkajukenbo.com/

Comment

OMG, then what did Rob do?

Comment

Originally posted by Jewdo View Post
              DOES anyone know who belted this guy?
              Who does he say belted him?

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
                I'm whelmed.

Comment

Dude, they have jumping jacks in their highlight reel. You don't get more legit than that.

Comment

Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
                    Who does he say belted him?
                    He seems to only have an affiliation with a Kempo Instructor...

Comment

One guy looked like he had boxed some before, looked better than the instructor in sparring. I wonder if the instructor was purposely leaving openings for the students to exploit (I do this in Judo a lot when doing randori with students).

I'm not an expert on striking though...

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
                        One guy looked like he had boxed some before, looked better than the instructor in sparring. I wonder if the instructor was purposely leaving openings for the students to exploit (I do this in Judo a lot when doing randori with students).

I'm not an expert on striking though...
                        no--I think he was just that bad---his footwork was horrible---my Sifu used to leave us openings--but did so while using proper techniques-(to protect himself as a BB should)-this guy really does not have the cooridination .....poor technique-poor athleticism..

Comment

Originally posted by doofaloofa
                          And there is nothing wrong with being SVELTE! fat boy
                          That all depends on just how svelte OR how fat lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
                            Dude, they have jumping jacks in their highlight reel. You don't get more legit than that.
                            God damn I HATE fucking stupid ass jumping jacks. What a worthless crap exercise. One thing I loved about Universal Kempo was that their warmups were shrimping and full mount sweeps. NO fucking stupid ass jumping jacks. As a sr. bb type guy I have to hold my mouth shut if they are done in class an wait til class is over to explain to the instructor just how worthless fucking stupid ass jumping jacks are. Gad I"m tired of shitty conditioning crap (not that I can keep up anyway).
                            "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Comment

Originally posted by patfromlogan View Post
                              God damn I HATE fucking stupid ass jumping jacks. What a worthless crap exercise. One thing I loved about Universal Kempo was that their warmups were shrimping and full mount sweeps. NO fucking stupid ass jumping jacks. As a sr. bb type guy I have to hold my mouth shut if they are done in class an wait til class is over to explain to the instructor just how worthless fucking stupid ass jumping jacks are. Gad I"m tired of shitty conditioning crap (not that I can keep up anyway).
                              As a senior bb type guy, how would you rate the rest of what you saw in the video posted?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X