A Chunner Steps Up in a One FC Audition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bezmond View Post
    It's Ok brother, as long as you're out there carrying on the fight.
    No... I'm married and back in the states now.

I weep for us both!

Comment

Huuuuh?

This thread is confusing. You gave me the impression that he's a Wing Chun practitioner in the title, yet in the description it say he's practicing some anti-grappling style? What?

I am half-Chunner (cross-train in Krav) and if anything, myself and most people I know agree that Wing Chun is quite lacking in grappling so I don't see how this anti-grappling style is part of Wing Chun.

The original description was

"This is Hunter Clan Northern Kungfu designed by Chinese hunters to fend off bigger, stronger or faster vicious beast and bandits. These anti-grappling technique works against BJJ grappling, tried on 6'3" fighter weighing at over 220lb. All these moves are proven against real bandits outside, it ain't monkey show. Need to fight in MMA match to show everyone how they work in reality or else, people still think Kungfu useless."

Wing Chun is a southern kung fu style. it is not used to fight beasts, bandits or hunters, but rather to fight against the Qin dynasty by anti-Qin rebels (according to history).

Saying stuff like all wavy-hands people look alike is kind of a loaded statement, intended to ridicule rather than prove anything useful. If anything, this entire thread makes me feel like OP is quite uninformed about chinese martial arts in general, with a hatred for Wing Chun that is quite prevalent amongst MMA people on this site.

TL;DR--- Tries to show a tape of Wing Chun FAIL, but is really tape of another Chinese style of totally different origins... Not sure who really failed here.

Comment

This isn't Wing Chun, and he never calls it Wing Chun.
        Moment, learn your shit: Wing Chun is a style of shitty Southern Chinese kung fu.
        This is a form of shitty Northern Chinese kung fu.
        They're as different as disappointing night and mediocre day.
        The fool thinks himself immortal,
        If he hold back from battle;
        But old age will grant him no truce,
        Even if spears spare him.

Comment

This isn't Wing Chun, and he never calls it Wing Chun.
          Moment, learn your shit: Wing Chun is a style of shitty Southern Chinese kung fu.
          This is a form of shitty Northern Chinese kung fu.
          They're as different as disappointing night and mediocre day.
          Like I said, they all look alike to me. I can't be bothered to distinguish between several dozen different martial arts styles that collectively only produce one effective fighter out of five thousand participants.

This thread is confusing. You gave me the impression that he's a Wing Chun practitioner in the title, yet in the description it say he's practicing some anti-grappling style? What?

I am half-Chunner (cross-train in Krav) and if anything, myself and most people I know agree that Wing Chun is quite lacking in grappling so I don't see how this anti-grappling style is part of Wing Chun.
          Bullshido has a contentious history with Wing Chun adherents. I don't know what it is about the style, but whenever a kung-fu practitioner makes an ill-informed or inflammatory post here, nine times out of ten it's a a Chunner. Calling him a Wing Chun practitioner when he's not is essentially an in-joke meant for the regular members of this forum to understand.

"Anti-grappling" is something that came about after the success of Royce Gracie in the early UFC events. Traditional martial artists felt threatened by BJJ and wanted to find a way to feel secure in their abilities again, but apparently didn't want to admit that their own styles lacked the solution to the problem grappling presented. Rather than studying Judo or jiu-jitsu to rectify their martial deficiencies, some TMA fighters decided to just pull some new and untested techniques out of their ass and practice those instead. No style is an an "anti-grappling" style in and of itself, but many schools nowadays do in fact make untested grappling counters a part of their curriculum.

(Wing Chun, incidentally, is actually pretty notorious for this)

Saying stuff like all wavy-hands people look alike is kind of a loaded statement, intended to ridicule rather than prove anything useful. If anything, this entire thread makes me feel like OP is quite uninformed about chinese martial arts in general, with a hatred for Wing Chun that is quite prevalent amongst MMA people on this site.

TL;DR--- Tries to show a tape of Wing Chun FAIL, but is really tape of another Chinese style of totally different origins... Not sure who really failed here.
          I was actually trying to show a tape of how an individual's delusions about his own abilities caused him to fail. If I wanted to show a tape of legitimate Wing Chun FAIL, I would've just posted one of these:

For the sake of fairness, here's a video of Wing Chun winning:

Last edited by Holy Moment; 6/09/2014 4:44am, .
          Dan Severn loves raping people.

Comment

Just for perspective, icemaster:

https://www.google.com/search?q=wing...636&gws_rd=ssl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c8SAHJ7C6U
            Dan Severn loves raping people.

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
              If I wanted to show a tape of legitimate Wing Chun FAIL, I would've just posted one of these:
              In B4 "not teh real Chun" and/or "too d34dl33 4 teh ring."
              "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Originally posted by strikistanian
              DROP SEIONAGI MOTHERFUCKER! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
              Originally posted by Devil
              Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
              Originally posted by Plasma
              At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
              Originally posted by SoulMechanic
              Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.

Comment

Originally posted by icemaster2340 View Post

"This is Hunter Clan Northern Kungfu designed by Chinese hunters to fend off bigger, stronger or faster vicious beast and bandits. These anti-grappling technique works against BJJ grappling, tried on 6'3" fighter weighing at over 220lb. All these moves are proven against real bandits outside, it ain't monkey show. Need to fight in MMA match to show everyone how they work in reality or else, people still think Kungfu useless."

Wing Chun is a southern kung fu style. it is not used to fight beasts, bandits or hunters, but rather to fight against the Qin dynasty by anti-Qin rebels (according to history).

I'd debate this, but I've been starving for 7 hours.

Comment

I am half-Chunner (cross-train in Krav)
                  Oh well I suggest you stop both of those and train in these instead

Systema
                  and
                  Keysi Fight Method

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                    Oh well I suggest you stop both of those and train in these instead

Systema
                    and
                    Keysi Fight Method
                    Agreed. Plus, Throw in some ninjutsu for the R3AL D3ADLY.

You will be unstoppable.

Comment

Then you need to pay more attention because there are a bunch of wing chun guys who teach "anti-grapple" as a counter to takedown techniques. You inadvertently hit the nail on the head. Wing Chun is completely lacking in grappling...and thus shouldn't be teaching people how to counter those types of moves.

I think you may find a lot of people here who would agree with you....in that wing chun was last effective for real fighting sometime during the Qin Dynasty.

Comment

Can you find the ten different stupid points in this paragraph? Only 97% of posters can!
                        "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Originally posted by strikistanian
                        DROP SEIONAGI MOTHERFUCKER! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
                        Originally posted by Devil
                        Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
                        Originally posted by Plasma
                        At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
                        Originally posted by SoulMechanic
                        Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.

Comment

I do believe you have mixed up the Qin dynasty (221-206 BC) with the Qing dyansty (AD 1644-1911).
                          Either that, or the Chun is older than Jesus.
                          The fool thinks himself immortal,
                          If he hold back from battle;
                          But old age will grant him no truce,
                          Even if spears spare him.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
                            Either that, or the Chun is older than Jesus.
                            ... and has as much empirical evidence.

Comment

I used to think Muay Thai and Boxing got it bad from these dumbass TMAs. I'd go nuts watching the "Muay Thai" fighters getting destroyed in every TMA demonstration, despite them not ever using a clinch or fuck, even rotating their hips into a kick lol Same with the level of "boxing" you tend to see in those demonstrations or pseudo-sparring scenarios...

Then I realized how much worse BJJers have it. It seems bend down like you've just dropped the soap and awkwardly try to grope your opponent's ass n hips is the new litmus test to determine if a person practices BJJ. "BJJers" or "wrestlers" in anti-grappling videos are so fucking hillarious

Comment

Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
                                Can you find the ten different stupid points in this paragraph? Only 97% of posters can!
                                I never understood why a static style would be appealing to some. The idea that your style hasn't changed for so long should be a Godamn knock, not a positive. Like after centuries and centuries of practice, we've had zero innovation and refuse to do anything but blindly adhere to the original forms since we're sure it's flawless...

Even worse if you think you'll be learning bandit killing lol

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X