No announcement yet.

Fighting In A Phone Booth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only funny bit in dumb and dumber was a phone box fight.

And I have never heard that expression before.

Comment

My friend references phone booths a lot. For example "That chick was uglier than a knife fight in a phone booth." Great image.

I'm really not sure how I'd use my shitty judo for a phone booth fight. Standing chokes? Foot-sweeps and hip throws that bash the guys head against the inside walls? Out-grip the guy to tie up his arms and head-butt like a woodpecker?

Sounds like a bad day, all around.

Comment

in a phone booth? Lift up and slam/smother prob, then put the boot in - if you really had to.

Alternately tickling or a really nasty fart would also end that confrontation.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayonet View Post
          I'm really not sure how I'd use my shitty judo for a phone booth fight. Standing chokes? Foot-sweeps and hip throws that bash the guys head against the inside walls? Out-grip the guy to tie up his arms and head-butt like a woodpecker?
          Those all sound great compared to a lot of the self defense krotty solutions out there.

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
            All styles work inside the TARDIS, it's bigger than it looks on the outside!
            I was a dinner with some friends that rarely get together in the same place a couple weeks back. One of the women showed up in a TARDIS shirt. One of the guys asked "are you bigger on the inside than on the outside?"

Comment

Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
              Damn. That commute to 1992 must be brutal.
              no, i *live* here, it's much harder on the people who come to challenge me

Comment

The only funny bit in dumb and dumber was a phone box fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
                  no, i *live* here, it's much harder on the people who come to challenge me
                  The music alone would be an insurmountable barrier to most.

Comment

Okay, you guys want some classic phone booth drama ?

This one's pretty good, although this was a pretty shitty remake.

Comment

this is my go-to phonebooth attack. when do right, no can defense.

they did it wrong

Comment

No can defense.

Comment

I highly recommend chain punching your assailant. The mid range punches of wing chun are perfect for a battle in confined spaces such as a phone booth or airplane bathroom.

Comment

Originally posted by wingchunx2z View Post
                            I highly recommend chain punching your assailant. The mid range punches of wing chun are perfect for a battle in confined spaces such as a phone booth or airplane bathroom.
                            WC does stand for water closet, so that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by wingchunx2z View Post
                              Who the hell gets into a battle in an airplane bathroom? The only punches thrown in there are donkey punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
                                Who the hell gets into a battle in an airplane bathroom? The only punches thrown in there are donkey punches.
                                Well obviously Liam Neeson. Duh, weren't you paying attention?

He's a man with a very particular set of skills that make him a nightmare for people to fight in airplane bathrooms.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X