Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And now for some hilariously bad kung fu instruction...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    NO shit, now go do what I said, and report back what your CNS tells you.

What you said was stupid.
    Nope, you're the one saying stupid things.

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake View Post
      No, I am splitting hairs. Jake allows cross training, he respects sport arts, the school spars and the kung fu is a "mish mash" like Dale stated. Hell a fuck ton is bullshido as discussed in another thread and the document posted by Rabbit.

If you want to call him bullshido, crap, no real kung fu and just about anything else I'm cool. Hilariously bad is way lower than what he shows. I've seen MUCH WORSE than what he showed in any of his videos. It's sad because he was a young cat, with a good college career going on, when he got swept up in the bullshit.
      So would you say, he's good at what he's doing, but what he's doing isn't very good?

I've watched his vids before and even dowloaded a few to watch for when I'm away without an internet connection and didn't find him too bad. Though I don't know enough about Kung Fu to tell whether his forms were wrong and the such but he did seem to know what he was doing and I should imagine if he'd hadn't had gotten caught up in the shite your talking about and picked a more legit martial art, we'd probably not be sat her calling him bullshido.
      "BJJ!!! Guard can't protect you from collapsing gym roof, tough guy!" - W. Rabbit

Comment

Jake has Chop Suey Martial Arts. I am not going to call what he does Kung Fu.

Martial Arts yes, Kung Fu no.

Comment

Originally posted by Mor Sao View Post
          The slots help reduce the strikes and soften the impact. You do not want to strike immovable things as the risk of having that shock return to your CNS and cause issues is real.
          Please explain what you mean. Are you referring to another CNS, because IsThisRight is correct:

Originally posted by IsThisRight? View Post
          I understand the concept of energy being transferred into the movement of the object you are striking rather than being transformed into the deformation of cartilage, bones and tendons. But how is the "shock" returning to the CNS a main issue, or even an issue at all?

CNS is the brain and spinal cord, pretty sheltered from impacts on the periphery of the body. For the CNS to be damaged you from striking an object with a fist you would expect fractures along the bones of the hand, forearm, upper arm, shoulder blade, collar bone +/- the spine as the energy would need to travel to the CNS somehow and as muscle/soft tissue is deformable the energy would be absorbed as deformation of the structure before it could be transmitted that far.

Mr. Dugas, do you mean that it's possible to have a heavy concussion punching an immovable thing? Or are you implying broken bones that will reach all the way to the spine?

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
          That is the peripheral nervous system.
          Is correct. +1

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensitization

Comment

Originally posted by ChenPengFi View Post
              Well,

has been suggested as a possible causal
              Any more? Especially from Dugas' side. I've never heard of or read anything about this topic that was conclusive.

Comment

No it wasn't. Yes, I can feel it. Yes, those signals travel through the CNS, but beyond that the CNS is not involved. To actually damage the CNS you would need to experience direct spinal trauma.
                "Not involved". Really. And who is talking about damage, you said "sheltered".

So, nobody ever got syncope from peripheral nerve pain?

Stupid.

Nope, you're the one saying stupid things.
                Stupid is thinking of the peripheral and CNS as two separate systems, and that one can't cause significant dangerous effects in the other, which is what Dale is talking about.

If you think you can explain how the CNS is "sheltered" from peripheral nerve pain, I'm listening. Explain vasovagal syncope due to extremity pain, professor.

Explain Cheng's source while you're at it.
                '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

I'm not claiming to have suffered CNS damage, but years ago I was thrown and I landed on my elbow and the shock definitely went all the way to my neck. After the "stinger" sensation wore off, I had a sore neck for a few days.

I don't think it's much of a stretch to be worried about similar damage being caused by striking an immobile object.

Comment

Originally posted by Sovvolf View Post
                    So would you say, he's good at what he's doing, but what he's doing isn't very good?
                    Yes. As I told people, I was very good at applying Shaolin-do in sparring. It was what I was known for in the art. It doesn't mean it was good or effective. In fact, it shows that some people can make anything work. To take it further, it makes you wonder what would happen if a similar person trained a legitimate art.

I've watched his vids before and even dowloaded a few to watch for when I'm away without an internet connection and didn't find him too bad. Though I don't know enough about Kung Fu to tell whether his forms were wrong and the such but he did seem to know what he was doing and I should imagine if he'd hadn't had gotten caught up in the shite your talking about and picked a more legit martial art, we'd probably not be sat her calling him bullshido.
                    Right and that's the danger with bullshido teachers that are extremely fit and good at what they do. He makes begginers think he knows what he is doing. His mechanics are okay and contrary to Dale's assertion he has kung fu. Don't fall into that discussion. There are sucky people doing real kung fu right now. They don't magically lose "real kung fu" because they are terrible. There is legit Kung Fu in Shaolin-do, but most of it has been lost in the money making machine of a McDojo. If GMT had of stuck with quality and not quantity, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now.

Comment

Dale didn't use the term "damage", he said "shock to the CNS".

Now don't you all feel stupid?

My tid sa jeurng is nubile, and my knowledge limited, but at least I can read.
                      '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

Comment

Originally posted by baby_cart View Post

Any more? Especially from Dugas' side.

Do your own homework shithead.
                        I don't speak for Dale, only towards your obvious ignorance.

I've never heard of or read anything about this topic that was conclusive.

Hahaha...
                        Because you've studied it so extensively, right?

All it took to send you into fallacy land was a wiki quote.

Stfu.

Comment

You're not as smart as you think you are

An unrelated point, do you even train?

You're not as smart as you think you are

An unrelated point, do you even train?

Comment

Emphasis mine:

beyond that the CNS is not involved. To actually damage the CNS you would need to experience direct spinal trauma.
                            LOL!

how is the "shock" returning to the CNS a main issue, or even an issue at all?
                            LOLOL!

CNS is the brain and spinal cord, pretty sheltered from impacts on the periphery of the body.
                            LOLOLOL!!

For the CNS to be damaged you from striking an object with a fist you would expect fractures along the bones of the hand, forearm, upper arm, shoulder blade, collar bone +/- the spine as the energy would need to travel to the CNS somehow
                            LOLOLOLOL!!!

and as muscle/soft tissue is deformable the energy would be absorbed as deformation of the structure before it could be transmitted that far.
                            LOLOLOLOLOL!!!

Originally posted by baby_cart View Post
                            Please explain what you mean. Are you referring to another CNS, because IsThisRight is correct:

Mr. Dugas, do you mean that it's possible to have a heavy concussion punching an immovable thing? Or are you implying broken bones that will reach all the way to the spine?
                            Gosh....baby_cart, ghost55, IsThisRight...stop being so stupid.

I don't care how smart you think I am, your ridiculous derail about the differences between the CNS and PNS has run its course, don't you think?

Dale said "shock to CNS" and you motherfuckers are lecturing people on CNSvsPNS and looking for hydrostatic shock-like damage BS, when none of you even read Dale properly.

You're arguing like Chunners now.
                            Last edited by W. Rabbit; 3/08/2014 3:36pm, .

Comment

I don't have the energy or motivation to explain to you why you are wrong. I hope some one else will do it for my entertainment.

Just a quick bit of info: the post regarding hyperalgesia and allodynia is pretty much an explanation of why a bruise hurts more than normal tissue when you press it for a few days. This isn't mediated purely by the CNS as the sensitisation requires the action of cytokines released into the bloodstream due to the local damage to tissue. No one knows the etiology of complex regional pain syndrome.

I remember when you suggested this as an alternative to a squat:
                              http://i.imgur.com/ZEpLb.jpg

In this thread:
                              http://www.bullshido.net/forums/arch.../t-117843.html

Hopefully that can convince some people you have no idea what you're talking about even though you come across as you do. I'm done.
                              Last edited by IsThisRight?; 3/08/2014 6:54pm, . Reason: Dregging the past

Comment

I don't have the energy or motivation to explain to you why you are wrong. I hope some one else will do it for my entertainment.
                                LOL, this is always a funny response to me.

Basically,
                                "I QUIT, but not really."

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X