Another "I gotz blue belt" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another "I gotz blue belt" thread

I got called up after class today and promoted to blue belt. I've been training at my current gym for about three and a half years. At 48, with the job, house, kids, injuries, it has not been easy. But for the older guys who are wondering if they can, yes. Go get it.

I look forward to ankle locking you in competition.

Errr I mean Congrats!

Edit:

You are now welcome to Post in the Advanced Grappling Forum
    Last edited by plasma; 1/01/2014 3:24pm, .

Comment

Yeah, you are probably not going to see me shitting things up in the AG forum anytime soon. My posting style pretty much relegates me to being a YMAS flyer.

Comment

Originally posted by Vorpal View Post
        I got called up after class today and promoted to blue belt. I've been training at my current gym for about three and a half years. At 48, with the job, house, kids, injuries, it has not been easy. But for the older guys who are wondering if they can, yes. Go get it.
        Congratulations. I trained in BJJ til I was 49, so I know what you've gone thru. The young guys get injured and are back on the mat in a few days. They have no idea what its like to train at our age.

Comment

Congrats, and great advice don't let age stop you. Personally I think age is just a state of mind, at 41 I still act like I'm 20. The best feeling is when you out train someone half your age.

Comment

First of all congratulations.

I'm half your age and I get schooled by a purple ten years older than you on a regular basis. She's also tiny. It's not just that you can train and achieve at your age, you can serve as inspiration for the younger guys. If I'm in as good shape as my training partner at her age I'll be over the moon.

Comment

Congratulations, seems like you are right on target.

Comment

I was planning on saying something dickish but upon reading your post, congrats dood. Use your age to your advantage to lull them into a sense of complacency, then smash the kiddies. It's fun. Until they get wise to you anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Vorpal View Post
                  Congratz, blue belt is a good place to start now focusing on chaining attacks. White to blue usually builds your defenses. Blue to purple is for attacking.

May the Chun be with you.

Comment

Originally posted by wingchunx2z View Post
                    May the Chun be with you.
                    In the name of the Father, the Chun and the Holy Mook Yan Jong. In Yip Man's name we pray, Xie Xie.

Comment

Originally posted by XXIV View Post
                      In the name of the Father, the Chun and the Holy Mook Yan Jong. In Yip Man's name we pray, Xie Xie.
                      I don't know about all that. I serve Yashua. :)

Comment

Well done

Comment

Awesome, keep it up!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X