• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OwlMatt
    replied
    Originally posted by doofaloofa
    The girls who walks away has just been hit in the face by the broken board

do try and keep up wabbit

P.S. Hows the 'Hard Sparring' video comming along?
    He's talking about the kid who walks away at 0:10. Do try and keep up, Doof.

Leave a comment:

• ChenPengFi
    replied
    Originally posted by Permalost View Post
    I like how 90% of failed board breaks are followed by a pantomimed shifting of responsibility for the fail to the board holder.

I have a vhs tape lying around somewhere with a guy who does the above after failing to break a baseball bat with his shin.
    After about 5 attempts, with steadily decreasing intensity, he decides to try his left leg, which of course helps not at all.

As he limps away, the withered look he gives the "shitty bat holder" is priceless.

Leave a comment:

• OwlMatt
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CapnMunchh
    replied
    Originally posted by Permalost View Post
    I like how 90% of failed board breaks are followed by a pantomimed shifting of responsibility for the fail to the board holder.
    Damage control. More honorable than smashing the camera.

Leave a comment:

• Permalost
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bayonet
    replied
    More like just for cringes. Jeeez that was hard to watch.

Is there really a LOT of board breaking in some styles, or is it just that so many goobers make the videos that it seems that way?

Leave a comment:

• Chili Pepper
    replied
    A buddy of mine many years ago was in a board-breaking demo. He was going to reverse punch three boards - something he'd done many times before.

Unfortunately, his first punch didn't break the boards, but merely knocked the boards out of the holders' hands. In their haste to set things up again, nobody noticed that they'd set the middle board cross-grain to the other two, effectively making it into a three-inch thick slab of plywood.

His next punch left a dent in the board (from his middle knuckle), and for the rest of his life, if he clenched a fist, he had to use his other hand to manually unclench his middle finger.

Leave a comment:

• Devil
    replied
    Originally posted by CapnMunchh View Post
    Tho it may be interesting to consider -- why would anyone allow such public humiliation?
    Fucking guy tops off his gigantic public failure by hurting a little girl. Epic.

Leave a comment:

• CapnMunchh
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlMatt View Post
    I'd like to suggest that this become a breaking fails thread.

My contribution:

Good video, and good idea. I'm thinking that at least part of the problem here is that people do need lessons in board holding (the first guy was intense enough, and second guy's magic pants didn't seem to help at all). I haven't done that sort of thing in many years, but I seem to recall that it was best to have a couple of people holding the board from behind, to make sure it stays in one place when hit.

Leave a comment:

• OwlMatt
    replied
    I'd like to suggest that this become a breaking fails thread.

My contribution:

Leave a comment:

• DarkPhoenix
    replied
    I was waiting for one of the board holders to punch him for kicking his fingers.

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    Best part of this video is the little white belt kid who just walks away, like "fuck this guy".

Leave a comment:

• DCS
    replied
    No headbuttiing the board.... no true scotsman.

Leave a comment:

• hungryjoe
    replied
    Someone needs to hold a lesson on 'board holding'.

Leave a comment:

• ttoto
    replied
    That's some fancy uniform.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X