Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone sparred a Viet-Vo Dao man, woman, practicioner??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone sparred a Viet-Vo Dao man, woman, practicioner??

Purely a matter of interest.

As a kid I saw a Brecy demonstration (yes, I know, Brecy is a place to be a flashy show-off, except for Bas Rutten). Guys seemd incredibly elastic, but the techniques seemed similar to Japanese JuJitsu. We don't have Viet-Vo Dao here, but It's been gnawing somewhere inside if this could be combat worthy.
    Today there's just no way I would train this, but I'd like to test myself on an opponent with similar years of experience.

Anybody tried that with a Dao dude?

Originally posted by Stickybomb View Post
    Purely a matter of interest.

As a kid I saw a Brecy demonstration (yes, I know, Brecy is a place to be a flashy show-off, except for Bas Rutten). Guys seemd incredibly elastic, but the techniques seemed similar to Japanese JuJitsu. We don't have Viet-Vo Dao here, but It's been gnawing somewhere inside if this could be combat worthy.
    Today there's just no way I would train this, but I'd like to test myself on an opponent with similar years of experience.

Anybody tried that with a Dao dude?
    I haven't tried anything with a Dao dude. But let us know how it goes....
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Comment

All the videos I've seen have convinced me that viet vo dao is 90% compliant hurricaranas.

Comment

Black Widow Knows Vovinam !

I finally know the origin of this technique/family of techniques that I saw while watching Iron Man 1 and 2 ! Agent Natasha Romanov is apparently a practitioner of Vovinam (Vietnamese: Việt V� Đạo, Martial Arts of Vietnam).

Go to :45 to see what I mean.

You can see it in the Avengers too...skip to 2:30...then again, you might want to watch the whole clip...
        Last edited by BKR; 10/01/2013 5:23pm, . Reason: Goddamned Video...
        Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X