Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to beat turbo charged fighters

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    how to beat turbo charged fighters

    I recently encountered someone who stated to me that I would not be able to beat a group of fighters due to the greater presence of anger in them. I thought I was pretty decent after doing kyokushin for 3 years (yeah it's not the same as being a black belt o course) since I have speed, technique and power, but this guy said it would mean nothing in the end, as these guys would get pissed off with you and just knock you out. The problem with these guys is that they are quite big, but they have lousy technique and strategy.

    So how do you beat them? It sounds nice to turn around and knock people out like that in a ring, but I have never seen this being done before. Even the very top fighters often remain calm in a fight. The other thing is, I can usually make a judgement as to whether I can beat someone or not, and all these guys seem beatable.

    The guy who said this is kung fu of course, but I'm thinking of muay thai.

    #2
    This thread was moved out of the Basic Technique because it's more of a speculative question as opposed to a question about a specific martial arts technique. The technical forums are for questions about technique, rather than speculation.
    Shut the hell up and train.

    Comment


      #3
      im not even sure what the question is.

      Comment


        #4
        So first it was a MABS thread about a "Mr K" from Australasia with no specifics. Now it's how to out anger multiple opponents on the street instead of in a ring?

        GTFO

        Oh, and where pray tell did you study Kyukushin for 3 years?

        Originally posted by alex View Post
        im not even sure what the question is.
        Well the answer is school holidays kicked off this week.
        2018 Male Purple Belt Adult No Gi
        #2 Ranked Competitor - QBJJC

        Comment


          #5
          So ideally you would find out what make and model turbocharge they have. With this information you can look up a compressor chart for them. The compressor chart will tell you where their turbo charger is running most efficiently. Assume they set up their engine to make the most use out of the efficiency island.
          Now you also need to know what their gear ratios they are running.
          The combination of this information will give you an ideal of what sort of racing it is that they intend to do. Then of course you pick a course and style of racing that keeps them outside of their zone.


          Oh wait your being dumb by using turbocharging to describe anger? As if anger some how is beneficial to a fight. As if anger some how changes the laws of physics.
          This is a stupid and childish look at fighting. Its very animeesk the thought that you can will yourself to win or just our anger someone come on what are you 14?
          Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
          –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by hatori banzo View Post
            I recently encountered someone who stated to me that I would not be able to beat a group of fighters due to the greater presence of anger in them. I thought I was pretty decent after doing kyokushin for 3 years (yeah it's not the same as being a black belt o course) since I have speed, technique and power, but this guy said it would mean nothing in the end, as these guys would get pissed off with you and just knock you out. The problem with these guys is that they are quite big, but they have lousy technique and strategy.

            So how do you beat them? It sounds nice to turn around and knock people out like that in a ring, but I have never seen this being done before. Even the very top fighters often remain calm in a fight. The other thing is, I can usually make a judgement as to whether I can beat someone or not, and all these guys seem beatable.

            The guy who said this is kung fu of course, but I'm thinking of muay thai.
            You beat somebody by being better than them.

            I've had several guys completely lose it, both while sparring and in actual fights. It didn't do them any good because I had considerably more skill. Conversely, I've had my ass kicked by guys that almost seem disinterested. They were that much better than me.

            I got really mad at this boxer who also wrestled when I was 24. We were not at the gym. You know what? He still kicked my ass. I couldn't take him down no matter how angry I got. He stuffed all my shots, angled off and peppered my face. I've never had my ass kicked like that by only one guy. All that anger didn't help. It only made me make stupid mistakes toward the end of the fight.
            Shut the hell up and train.

            Comment


              #7
              While "raging out" is, in some people's opinions, beneficial in a fight. Sure, there's a bit of an increase in strength, or at least perception of strength.... Sure, people who are so very very full of anger may be more inclined to "fight dirty." Perhaps this may give them an advantage.

              In my experience this is only true at low levels of fighting. While I'm no pro fighter, I've been in a few both in and outside the Army. Hell, at one point in my life I WAS the guy who would rage out. But frankly, as people become more and more skilled RAGE-MAN becomes less and less common. Because of this, I think RAGE-MAN is not conducive to becoming a skilled fighter, whether because RAGE-MAN generally lacks the ability to view fighting like a chess match or because as RAGE-MAN learns more it all just becomes variables he can control without being "turbo-charged."

              Also, in line with Goodlun's post, perhaps you can look into other forced induction systems such as a supercharger or blower. If that's not your style maybe nitrous is in order. It's clear that normally aspirated fighters have no chance against equally skilled fighters with forced air intakes. Perhaps there needs to be separate divisions.

              Comment


                #8
                My Sifu explains it like having a conversation. The guy who is screaming isn't always the one that's winning, and the quiet one isn't always the weak one.

                Comment


                  #9
                  The only thing missing from the ops two opening posts is a link to a "win an Iphone" competition.
                  King without a crown

                  Comment


                    #10
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I've fought angry ALOT . I fought at my best when i learned to harness it into what my trainer called "controlled aggression".
                      Fuck yeah rage works.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Just happened to chance upon this thread, saw the OP, and look what I found: MAP goodies!

                        http://www.martialartsplanet.com/for...d.php?t=118045

                        http://www.martialartsplanet.com/for...d.php?t=118047


                        Originally posted by cualltaigh View Post
                        Oh, and where pray tell did you study Kyukushin for 3 years?
                        Watch out, his instructor iz bud-azzz:

                        Originally posted by hatori banzo

                        My instructor, who is asian and quite good at martial arts, frowns on people who want learn martial arts, but can't kill people easily, and rejects them as cowards. Is this the general rule? He believes that if you cant kill another individual with a dear antler blade to the throat in mortal combat, you are weak, and a wasting your time.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                          So ideally you would find out what make and model turbocharge they have. With this information you can look up a compressor chart for them. The compressor chart will tell you where their turbo charger is running most efficiently. Assume they set up their engine to make the most use out of the efficiency island.
                          Now you also need to know what their gear ratios they are running.
                          The combination of this information will give you an ideal of what sort of racing it is that they intend to do. Then of course you pick a course and style of racing that keeps them outside of their zone.


                          Oh wait your being dumb by using turbocharging to describe anger? As if anger some how is beneficial to a fight. As if anger some how changes the laws of physics.
                          This is a stupid and childish look at fighting. Its very animeesk the thought that you can will yourself to win or just our anger someone come on what are you 14?
                          He also forgot to ask what size injectors they have, if it is intercooled or not, and the amount of boost. All are very, very important when fighting a turbocharged individual.

                          Originally posted by baby_cart View Post
                          Just happened to chance upon this thread, saw the OP, and look what I found: MAP goodies!


                          http://www.martialartsplanet.com/for...d.php?t=118045


                          http://www.martialartsplanet.com/for...d.php?t=118047


                          Watch out, his instructor iz bud-azzz:
                          Seems he even has MAPpers scratching their heads, saying, "Dafuq?!?!"
                          I feel like you eye-bawlin' me, dawg!

                          Comment


                            #14
                            http://www.martialartsplanet.com/for...d.php?t=118047
                            My instructor, who is asian and quite good at martial arts, frowns on people who want learn martial arts, but can't kill people easily, and rejects them as cowards.
                            Your instructor, the morning cartoons? Call the network and ask them.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by jdempsey View Post
                              I've fought angry ALOT . I fought at my best when i learned to harness it into what my trainer called "controlled aggression".
                              Fuck yeah rage works.
                              After I decided to ignore the OP, I thought of the anger question. Initially, JNP's point occurred to me: an angry fighter is a sloppy fighter. However, I don't think the Hulking Out mythos springs from trained fighters, but from average shlubs. If one were to choose timidity or anger in a fighter, anger is probably the better choice.
                              "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

                              Originally posted by strikistanian
                              DROP SEIONAGI MOTHERFUCKER! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
                              Originally posted by Devil
                              Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
                              Originally posted by Plasma
                              At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
                              Originally posted by SoulMechanic
                              Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X