Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Guy thanks Bullshido

Okay.

About 6 months ago I was considering getting back into Martial Arts but couldn't decide on which style to pursue. My diligent googling led me to Bullshido, and I fell into a habit of lurking around the forums for information. After a brief period of Bully-aided research, I settled on....

Judo. And I'm loving it. I'm currently a yellow belt, training regularly and, according to my wife, can't shut up talking about "ouchi-kouchis".

Thank you, assorted black-hearted Bullies. You have made a Judoka out of me.

PS: I live in close proximity to a Bujinkan ninjer club, some dance studio Krav Maga and an outlet of the infamous Fang Shen Do... so, seriously, thanks for helping me avoid all that.

Black hearted?

I have a heart?

Comment

Welcome to Bullshido. Judo was an excellent choice IMHO. Those of us who actually have hearts are not offended.

I thought I spelled it wrong, but as I said I'm a mechanic not an English professor.

Comment

Welcome to Bullshido. May your belly laughs grow at local inferior martial arts schools as your knowledge and physiology improve from judo.

Comment

Welcome to the site.

Throwing people is one of life's great pleasures.
          Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

Welcome, Bayonet. You say you are getting back into martial arts; what martial arts have you done in the past?

Also, in honor of your screen name, here is a picture of the legendary Morihei Ueshiba, founder of aikido, demonstrating juken-jutsu:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ueshiba-shinbudo-09.jpg
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	4328738

Comment

Originally posted by Omega Supreme View Post
              Black hearted?

I have a heart?
              I thought you kept a couple on the shelf with your other trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlMatt View Post
                Welcome, Bayonet. You say you are getting back into martial arts; what martial arts have you done in the past?

Also, in honor of your screen name, here is a picture of the legendary Morihei Ueshiba, founder of aikido, demonstrating juken-jutsu:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15375[/ATTACH]
                Haha. Nice pic.

I had brief stints at Shotokan and Kenpo dojos in the past, when I was a young dude. I followed the Kenpo for a few months until the guy running the dojo closed up and moved. Later, I spent a few months at Shotokan until I had to move away. Both dojos were heavily kata-oriented, so I really wasn't motivated to join anything new after heading to university. At that point, I thought MA were mostly dress-up and choreography.

I ended up staying away from MA for a long time after that. I served in the Infantry, which got me enough CQC sparring, pugil stick fighting and drunk-guys-at-the-mess brawling to convince me I MIGHT know how to fight, if desperate and full of whiskey.

Anyway, once I left the Army, I wanted to get involved in something that would keep me in shape, give me the odd adrenaline rush and keep my skills and SA up. Figured Judo would go a long way.

Comment

Originally posted by wetware View Post
                  I thought you kept a couple on the shelf with your other trophies.
                  I eat them.

Comment

Originally posted by doofaloofa
                    Bullshit

They're playing Zen Snooker
                    That sounds like a euphemism.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, guys.

Owlmatt, when I was younger I did short stints in Kenpo Karate and Shotokan Karate, no more than a few months at each. The Kenpo dojo shut down shortly after I joined, and I had to leave Shotokan after a few months when I moved away for school. Both schools seemed pretty stiff and kata-heavy, so I got turned off from other TMA training.

I later spent five years in the Infantry, and learned a bit of CQC. So I guess I know how to brawl well enough to barely survive until my friends come up and shoot the bastard.

That and some low-level douche-wrasslin' at various bars and messes is the sum total of my hand-to-hand experience.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                      X