Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAL Boxing - good or bad?

So, this video came across my twitter feed, this morning:

My first thought was, "damn, that kid is good." Then, I was like "damn, that kid is young." And, with all the recent NFL hubbub about concussions and such, it started me thinking about the story that could be constructed - cop finds troubled kid, gets him into boxing, kid becomes a world champ only to be permanently addled in his 30s. Would such an outcome really be better for the kid than burning out via drugs and gang activity? I want to say yes, but I could be convinced otherwise...
    Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

I would hope that boxing would have a lower percentage chance of fucking someone up than habitual drug use. Not every boxer ends up like Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
      I would hope that boxing would have a lower percentage chance of fucking someone up than habitual drug use. Not every boxer ends up like Ali.
      Or creating someone who has a habitual drug problem and the capability of seriously injuring someone.
      "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
      1) That it doesn't work
      2) That it does work"
      -Animal MacYoung

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X