Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing Gloves to start training at Heavy bag (With a vent included, sad story is sad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxing Gloves to start training at Heavy bag (With a vent included, sad story is sad

Sup guys hope Im not violating any rules as of to ask this. I live in a crappy country named dominican republic where martial arts are underestimated to the maximum point of..... The only true Dojo we have here is a Judo one, they dont even teach Muay Thai here.

Heck I even got invited by the W.M.C [World Muay Thai Council] By physical letter signed and sealed by their Secretary of sports to go and train in one of their endorsed gyms and my country thoughts on the matter where "I'm sorry if its not something practiced here, we cant help you" Shit bring tears to my eyes.

Anyways, Im making a home punching bag out of Old tires, and since money here is like shit I mean scrapping 100 us$ takes you at least a month of savings and good planification, I want to invest into gloves, for my surprise I discovered that Muay Thai gloves and boxing gloves are different (seriously tough that any decent boxing glove would do) and muay thai gloves are expensive as hell.

Long story short, I only have 46us$ and want to get gloves, surfing through threads here and read that the best to buy are sparring gloves that weight 16oz , now I've searched Amazon and found some prospects but since i'm a noob when it comes to striking I would like the experienced guys opinion on this. Suggestions on gloves that i could buy, links to them if possible (preferred in amazon since I have a free month of prime and shipping would be free).

Advices on handwraps are very welcomed
    , and sorry if I strike you as a idiot that will be learning muaythai on his own and without any guidance but im 26 and im running short of time to do the things i really love so, without any help I'll embark on my own in this trip

Thanks for taking the time to read all this crap.
    Best regards

Aren't there some great boxing gyms in the Dominican Republic?

Comment

Welcome to Bullshido!

I'm not really qualified to tell you what sorts of gloves/hand wraps to buy, but there are others on Bullshido who are. Here's a thread started by one of them:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...ght=hand+wraps
      Last edited by WajBJJ; 8/10/2013 2:04pm, . Reason: lack of reading comprehension...

Comment

Originally posted by legomepanda View Post
        I wish there were, the ones that are out there only the membership is between 200 and 348 dollars. Im solid with my tires based heavy bag Im just in the need of great advice regarding the gloves and im more up to muay thai than boxing, though I really respect boxing.

Originally posted by WajBJJ View Post
        Welcome to Bullshido!

I'm not really qualified to tell you what sorts of gloves/hand wraps to buy, but there are others on Bullshido who are. Here's a thread started by one of them:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...ght=hand+wraps
        Thanks I'll make sure to check everything in that link

Comment

If Boxing is so expensive, you should try to take at least some hours. It will help you immensely. Learning at home aint no easy.

Do you have people to spar with regularly? This is more important than gloves. You cant learn it alone.

I would highly recommend to get some solid boxing basics and train Muay Thai specific techniques later or in parallel.

Comment

Originally posted by legomepanda View Post
            Originally posted by killface View Post
            If Boxing is so expensive, you should try to take at least some hours. It will help you immensely. Learning at home aint no easy.

Do you have people to spar with regularly? This is more important than gloves. You cant learn it alone.

I would highly recommend to get some solid boxing basics and train Muay Thai specific techniques later or in parallel.
            Solid, advice, truly i should ask for some hours of practice to get the basics down, I do have people to spar with but they are of other martial arts, Karate to be precise and there is the glove matter too. But Thanks this gives me a course plan to follow.

Comment

I admit I havent tried it but I think an average pair of boxing gloves would last about ten seconds on a bag made of tyers.

You might get away with just really good wrapping with a shit ton of knuckle protection. (even slip a bit of foam in there.)

In regards to wraps I just go for length but the brand I use is everlast if that makes any difference.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X