Don't all hate but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't all hate but...

I'm actually thinking about joining TKD just to get a black belt in a year (because apparently, it only takes a year for one at the local studio) so I can put it on my college app. And then throw it away.

I think it'll make my app stronger when tied with what I did for Wrestling (showing... dedication! As all my college advisers say)

Think it'll help?

Why not invest your time in something more academic then?
    go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Comment

Will you be starting a dance team?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuddles View Post
        I'm actually thinking about joining TKD just to get a black belt in a year (because apparently, it only takes a year for one at the local studio) so I can put it on my college app. And then throw it away.

I think it'll make my app stronger when tied with what I did for Wrestling (showing... dedication! As all my college advisers say)

Think it'll help?
        Never done TKD, looks like fun but you're only doing it to help a collage application is that the best way to use those hours? Are you getting perfect grades? that would seem a much better use of time

Comment

Your SAT scores are going to be far more important than a tdk black belt. Also you can take community college courses starting your HS jr. Year its a good way to spend a summer and a great way to show a college that you can manage a college level course.

Comment

I got my blackbelt in 3 months. Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Omega Supreme View Post
              I got my blackbelt in 3 months. Just saying.
              You phenom
              Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
              ...Willing is not enough you must do
              ~Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                Your SAT scores are going to be far more important than a tdk black belt.
                They are about equal nowadays. No, don't get me started.

Comment

Originally posted by Ke?poFist View Post
                  You phenom
                  That or the forms are so friggin easy to learn comparitive to 30 to 60 movement forms I learned in kung-fu.

Comment

Any school for which a TKD black belt is a deciding factor on your application should be avoided at all costs.

Comment

Do you really want to be contributing to 1-year-blackbelt dojangs? If so, just save some time and money and buy a black belt from the World Head of Sokeship Council or whatever. Consider that if its on your college application, they may ask you about the value and work that went into it (so be ready to lie in either case).

Of course, you could spend your time doing something worthwhile that you'd enjoy and would look just as good on an application.

Comment

We should start giving out black belts in Bullshido to people with over 20,000 varrots.

Comment

Originally posted by Phrost View Post
                          Any school for which a TKD black belt is a deciding factor on your application should be avoided at all costs.
                          Heh, I was going to say this as well, but then I thought: "Must be an American thing. Better stay out of it."
                          go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Comment

OP: you could do better by participating in investigations on fraudulent martial arts schools. Consumer Protection/Grass-Roots Fraud Busting would look much better on a resume to a bunch of people in tweed jackets than rank in a system of anti-social, abhorrent violence.

Comment

Consumer Protection/Grass-Roots Fraud Busting would look much better on a resume to a bunch of people in tweed jackets than rank in a system of anti-social, abhorrent violence.
                              Not necessarily true. My streetfighting record helped me get into Lancaster Bible College.

Last edited by Holy Moment; 7/31/2013 5:36pm, .
                              Dan Severn loves raping people.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X