• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ermghoti
    replied
    Originally posted by BeautifulSpring
    YIP'S ADVENTURE:

China is under attack! Banditos are on the loose, kidnapping Yip Man's friends! It's time for master Yip to charge up his wing chun Kung Fu with chow mein and other good things and GO NUCLEAR!!
    You are the anti-Holy Moment.

Leave a comment:

• BackFistMonkey
    replied
    I'm sorry sir. You've lost me.
    That was a list of oxymorons.

Jumbo (large) Shrimp (small)
    Friendly (same team) Fire (shooting at)
    Worthy (skilled/worth a shit) Wing Chun (worthless martial art)

It is pretty simple dude.

Leave a comment:

• ermghoti
    replied
    I'm sorry sir. You've lost me.
    You weren't here in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• ermghoti
    replied
    You're on opium right now, aren't you?

Jumbo shrimp.
    Friendly fire.
    Worthy wing chun man.

Leave a comment:

• ermghoti
    replied
    what would Yip Man do.
    Opium.

Leave a comment:

• ermghoti
    replied
    I would think the signs would be about the same in Montana as everywhere else.

Leave a comment:

• submessenger
    replied
    Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Jesus, Fark. That is a name I haven't heard in a while. I wonder what they are up to?
    220, 221, whatever it takes

Leave a comment:

• BackFistMonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by submessenger View Post
    Last I checked, Fark doesn't have a Texas tag. That's in my top 20 reasons for GTFO.
    Jesus, Fark. That is a name I haven't heard in a while. I wonder what they are up to?

Leave a comment:

• submessenger
    replied
    Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    At least the poster's ip is in fact Florida...
    Last I checked, Fark doesn't have a Texas tag. That's in my top 20 reasons for GTFO.

Leave a comment:

• BackFistMonkey
    replied
    At least the poster's ip is in fact Florida...

Leave a comment:

• submessenger
    replied
    Originally posted by kicksider View Post
    Not all Muay Thai trainers have been fighters and even if they have been champions for 20 years it is no indication of them being good trainers.

Apart from that having produced champions and reputable fighters with good records is a quality one can't contest.
    Not all shiny yellow stuff is gold, and even if it is gold, it's no indication of being shiny and yellow.

Apart from that, producing yellow shiny shit is a quality one can't contest.

Seriously? Somebody upvoted that crap? WTF, people?!?!? This is going to YMAS, on principle. The only "advanced" thing here is this retort, and even that is questionable.

Leave a comment:

• kicksider
    replied
    Not all Muay Thai trainers have been fighters and even if they have been champions for 20 years it is no indication of them being good trainers.

Apart from that having produced champions and reputable fighters with good records is a quality one can't contest.

Leave a comment:

• JohnKenner
    replied
    Originally posted by itwasntme View Post
    fucking christ. what is this doing in an advanced forum for the better part of a week?

isn't this or something similar stickied somewhere or some shit?
    Here's an idea, if you don't like it - report the post instead of just adding a no value post to the thread.

Better yet, help the newb by pointing to the sticky.

Leave a comment:

• itwasntme
    replied
    fucking christ. what is this doing in an advanced forum for the better part of a week?

isn't this or something similar stickied somewhere or some shit?

Leave a comment:

• Nerdmrt
    replied
    It's tough to tell if the school has good MT if you're completely knew to it. These are my rules for looking at a school:
    1) the teacher's (kru) fight record is important
    2) the STUDENTS fight record is even more important: every decent, well establish MT school will have at least a handful of successful amateur fighters. This will tell you not only that the kru is a good fighter but that he can teach effectively
    3) there is a big difference between classic MT and MT techniques for MMA (eg: some techniques you are less likely to use if your opponent can try a double leg takedown). The teacher and students should have done at least some fights under MT rules (ie with knees and clinch)
    4) BONUS: the best schools will have the senior students (and sometimes the teacher) hold pads for the beginners ( at least some of the time). Pad holding is an art -- in traditional MT, only seniors hold pads. In North America, this is less common (but much better if it happens). Let me know if you want more advice.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X