Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A quick howdy

Greetings, fellow humans!

Long-time lurker, first-time poster here. Being a rather large noob, I'll try not to annoy the people who know things and as such will keep my posting to a minimum, barring an actual discussion that I can contribute to.

Other'n that, I don't really know what to tell you. I live in Sweden, practice a form of (sorta) JJJ (which I know isn't the most popular thing around here) and have been learning lots about the martial arts world in general by lurking around this forum. As stated, however, I'm not likely to start any huge posting rampages, but mostly just made this account to alert people to my existence.

If anyone is curious about my martial art, or anything else about me for that matter, feel free to ask (the reason I'm being as concise as I have been is just because I'm assuming no one really cares) below!

Erik

Welcome to bullshido, and don't be intimidated by any preconceptions about what people think about JJJ. So long as you don't start off by saying "my JJJ is the real deadly..." you'll be fine.

There are a lot of Aikidoka, JJJ'ers, KM guys on these boards - who are happy to talk honestly about the art.

So again, welcome!

Comment

Thanks, mate!
      No, I wasn't planning to annoy the good people of this site by yammering on about how Ju-Jutsu Kai is the real deal 'cause that would be an instance of extreme violence towards post-mortem equines. I'll say this much and hope Omega doesn't attack me right away; it has a governing body maintaining a degree of quality, a luxury which many similar schools don't enjoy. That's all I've got to say on the subject, but if anyone's curious feel free to ask.

Comment

Welcome to Bullshido!

Just between you and me, JJJ is the "t3h d34dly"!

Comment

Welcome to Bullshido.

Comment

Welcome! How long have you been practicing the Jui Jitsu Kai?

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel_tke View Post
              Welcome! How long have you been practicing the Jui Jitsu Kai?
              Thank you kindly! As for your question, I'm very much a beginner; I've been practicing for about, oh, 7-8 months? I took my yellow belt right before the beginning of the summer semester (we only grade every six months in JJK, though it typically takes longer than that for belts green and upward). Been learning lots in that time, I expect to make orange come winter!

Comment

Welcome to Bullshido!!
                Originally posted by Hadzu View Post
                Been learning lots in that time.
                ^^^^^^This is all that really matters LOL^^^^^^

Comment

You don't have to be an expert to join in and have a laugh, just don't take yourself too seriously or claim authority you don't have! Welcome to Bullshido, look forward to seeing you around.

Comment

Thank you all for being so very welcoming, I was kinda expecting to just get flamed apart as soon as I came forth. Very happy I was able to avoid pissing everyone off on my first day; I believe this is the point I create a thread posting videos of compliant Aikido drills to show it's "t3h d34dly" and is the best self-defence MA in the world?

Comment

Exactly, that's why people are encouraged to start a thread in here. That way you can let people know where you are coming from, what your background is, and why you are here. Life is a lot smoother this way!

Like Kat said, you don't have to be a wizened master to join in discussions, and poke fun.

And feel free to ask questions. Everyone is still learning, some just more than others.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadzu View Post
                        Thank you all for being so very welcoming, I was kinda expecting to just get flamed apart as soon as I came forth. Very happy I was able to avoid pissing everyone off on my first day; I believe this is the point I create a thread posting videos of compliant Aikido drills to show it's "t3h d34dly" and is the best self-defence MA in the world?
                        Bonus points if you're a 27th dan black belt who earned his rank in unsanctioned pit fights and won't show up for throwdowns in case he kills someone with his chi.

Comment

Originally posted by Katje View Post
                          Bonus points if you're a 27th dan black belt who earned his rank in unsanctioned pit fights and won't show up for throwdowns in case he kills someone with his chi.

Don't be silly. I'm only a 23rd Dan. I have trained under the exalted master Ashida Kim in Dim Mak ,no-touch KOs, Hakkuna Mattata and several other mysterious Ninja skills passed down to me through the centuries, but they won't work against a resisting opponent or in the ring because shut up.

You know, as contradictory it might feel to have an *internet forum* where people are reasonable, friendly and actually have any knowledge of what they're talking about, I think I could get to like this.

/Erik

Comment

But hey, rather than create a separate thread I thought I could throw a quick noob question in here.

This may have already been addressed in another thread (if that is the case, please direct me to it and tell me I suck), but I've been wondering about these tags some posters have; Judo Black Belt, Military, etc. While I've understood that these are awarded once these facts are proven to the forum, I'm curious how exactly you do this; in the case of proving I have a black belt in this or that, do I have to dig myself up in a record of some sort, or...? In the case of martial arts that do not have an international governing body, is this even possible?

The only tag I have, of course, is the Noob tag, which I agree is very apropos, but I'm just curious about for how long I'll have it. Do I have to be registered on the forum for a set amount of time, or is there some other qualifying task?

/Erik

Comment

We can get you a Supporting Member tag pretty quick. Follow the directions on this link

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/payments.php

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...highlight=tags

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...highlight=tags

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X