AXE FIGHT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AXE FIGHT!

Saw this posted on another forum and thought y'all would dig it.

WMA, full contact AXE SPARRING!!!!! (with some craplin' sauce, 'cause HELL YEAH!)

Originally posted by Mr. Machette View Post

WMA, full contact AXE SPARRING!!!!! (with some craplin' sauce, 'cause HELL YEAH!)

Jesus is it to the death??

Comment

I'll be in my bunk...

Comment

Originally posted by Styygens View Post
        I'll be in my bunk...
        Jayne reference........win

Comment

Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
          Jesus is it to the death??
          Naturally...

Comment

Full chain mail and plated (padded I assume) helmets makes this really interesting. Axes weren't very good vs chainmail (by very good I mean higher deflection rate; by no means did it prevent crushing damage). That's why crushing weapons were created for the most part which makes this really interesting to watch.

What's really interesting though is even if the axe is blunt with a larger (thicker?) than normal bladed edge (preventing cutting damage through the chain) they still had no problems swinging for the legs which would incur some serious damage if it hits. Though I am not sure what they are wearing on their legs for protection.

I wonder if they are trained in this sort of thing or just going at it fight to the death style.

And where do I sign up for a bout? That 'no axe' take down was sick.

Comment

Hm.

Slightly different from the axe fighting I learned.

I'll be in Styygen's bunk.

Comment

Great video.

Here's a good soundtrack for it - sadly only in german, but then, so was the fighting-vid:

und bitte nicht zu ernst nehmen...

Comment

It does seem like the legs would be the most effective target. One good crushing shot against an ankle seems like it could pretty drastically affect the outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignoscant View Post
                    Axes weren't very good vs chainmail (by very good I mean higher deflection rate; by no means did it prevent crushing damage). That's why crushing weapons were created for the most part which makes this really interesting to watch.
                    Huh? What was 'good against chain mail(sic)' then? I mean, armor fucking worked, that's why people used it.

Originally posted by RynoGreene View Post
                    It does seem like the legs would be the most effective target. One good crushing shot against an ankle seems like it could pretty drastically affect the outcome.
                    Kind of a low percentage target, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                      Huh? What was 'good against chain mail(sic)' then? I mean, armor fucking worked, that's why people used it.
                      Arrows. Pikes. Bludgeons.

Kind of a low percentage target, though.
                      Actually, the only decent target against someone holding a shield that size.

Just out of curiosity, as a child did you marvel at how the blue paint tasted just like the red paint?

Comment

Arrows. Pikes. Bludgeons.
                        An axe that doesn't cut is functionally a hammer. It 'bludgeons' pretty well.

As for pikes, they really wouldn't work any better against mail than any other stabbing blade, since they were just spear blades on much longer shafts most of the time. The idea that a middle ages European pike is great against chain is also kind of silly since they weren't really contemporary - when the pike was a hot item in military circles armor was mostly plate. (And the ancient pike, the Macedonian Sarissa, predated widespread mail).

Actually, the only decent target against someone holding a shield that size.
                        Other than the arm or the head, maybe. I'm still calling it a low percentage target.

Just out of curiosity, as a child did you marvel at how the blue paint tasted just like the red paint?
                        Both were sugary sweet. But I'm still smarter, taller and better looking than you.

Comment

An axe that doesn't cut is functionally a hammer. It 'bludgeons' pretty well.
                          So does my dick. The fuck is your point?

As for pikes...
                          Shut the fuck up and enjoy the video, dipshit.

Other than the arm or the head, maybe. I'm still calling it a low percentage target.
                          And I'm calling you a fucking moron.

FYI, legs are great targets. If you dissable the legs you can leave the fight at will or dominate as you see fit.

Since you don't know that. I'm going to have to call your "fighting experience" into question. Because holy fuck are you posting some retarded shit right now.

Both were sugary sweet.
                          I knew it...

But I'm still smarter, taller and better looking than you.
                          Bitch, please.

Lurk more, post less.

Comment

And I'm calling you a fucking moron.
                            And let me tell you, your disapproval has me all broken up over here.

FYI, legs are great targets. If you dissable the legs you can leave the fight at will or dominate as you see fit.

What part of that statement doesn't apply to the head or the arm holding their weapon again? And an ankle isn't a leg but you can go ahead an move those goal posts if it makes you feel like you're winning an argument.

Since you don't know that. I'm going to have to call your "fighting experience" into question. Because holy fuck are you posting some retarded shit right now.
                            My overall fighting experience isn't tremendous and I'll be the first to admit it. On the other hand, I've done some HEMA fighting and know that taking a shot at someones ankle is a pretty low percentage attack. You're reaching to get to it and possibly leaving yourself open to a counter AND to avoid you all they have to do is pivot or drop the shield. But whatever, call me a faggot or something and pretend you have a point.

Also, Mr 'fighting experience' you're talking about the effectiveness of fucking PIKES AND ARROWS so I think the argument went out of the bounds of actual fighting experience in your first craptacular post.

Comment

And let me tell you, your disapproval has me all broken up over here.
                              Nut the fuck up, pussy.

What part of that statement doesn't apply to the head or the arm holding their weapon again? And an ankle isn't a leg but you can go ahead an move those goal posts if it makes you feel like you're winning an argument.
                              There's no argument happening here. You are factually dumb as a bag of shit and each post you make proves my point further.

My overall fighting experience isn't tremendous and I'll be the first to admit it.
                              You don't have to "admit" to anything. You adequately demonstrated your lack of experience with your retarded musings.

On the other hand, I've done some HEMA fighting and know that taking a shot at someones ankle is a pretty low percentage attack.
                              Or maybe you just suck at fighting due to a lack of experience.

You're reaching to get to it and possibly leaving yourself open to a counter AND to avoid you all they have to do is pivot or drop the shield.
                              Only because you don't know how to do it right. It can be a great setup pick to attack the head if you're not a mouth breathing dumb fuck.

The humor here is that your losing a hypothetical fight in your own mind. Even in your imagination, you suck at fighting...

But whatever, call me a faggot or something and pretend you have a point.
                              You've proven my point for me.

As for faggotry? I don't really care what you do with yourself. Though I do hope you give blow jobs better than your martial theory. Everybody needs an occupation...

Also, Mr 'fighting experience' you're talking about the effectiveness of fucking PIKES AND ARROWS so I think the argument went out of the bounds of actual fighting experience in your first craptacular post.
                              Actually, I just brought up weapons that are capable of puncturing mail. It's not my fault you are too ignorant to read a history book or even do a simple google search:

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X