Newb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newb

Last edited by katahajime; 5/12/2013 9:27pm, .

Welcome to Bullshido.

Comment

Just wondering if you're able to compete at blue belt level why hasn't the gym you been going to awarded you a blue belt?

Comment

Welcome to Bullshido.

Comment

Welcome to the mad house. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
            Just wondering if you're able to compete at blue belt level why hasn't the gym you been going to awarded you a blue belt?
            Long story. The person I train under split from an already established BJJ/MMA school in the town where I live. Via the contract he signed, he can't award rank within such and such (I forget) number of miles. So, no current rank for me.

It caused some minor issues in the past. I went to a grappling tourney a few summers back and entered at the blue belt level. I assumed that I should wear a blue belt, so I threw on an old judo belt. I was told to put a white belt to put back on since I had no formal rank. I won the division, but my competitors coaches has seen me in both a white and blue belt and had wondered if I was sandbagging.

To have formal rank would be nice, but I don't see an immediate solution. Long term I am sure I will figure something out and short term I plan to to just keep competing and not sweat what color is around my hips.
            Last edited by katahajime; 5/13/2013 7:04am, .

Comment

Welcome, katahajime.

I think you have a cool attitude towards training, just keep at it like you did and things will sort out in time. Good luck.

Post some competition videos next time, if you can. Thanks.

CLICK & WATCH
              :
              I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid shit back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
              " - by Vorpal

Comment

Have you learned Sarang yet?

Comment

Yep, I have been doing sarang for a few years. I like nak bop and ka chi more however.

Comment

Photos

I have been de-noobed so I can post attachments. Here are some fun competition photos as requested.
                    Attached Files

Comment

/Humble-brag

Took the heavyweight brown/black Judo division at the state championship on Saturday. I test shodan next Saturday. Now I have to decide whether to make the real effort to get ready for the senior nationals in Dallas in April.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by katahajime View Post
                        /Humble-brag

Took the heavyweight brown/black Judo division at the state championship on Saturday. I test shodan next Saturday. Now I have to decide whether to make the real effort to get ready for the senior nationals in Dallas in April.
                        Congratulations!

Comment

After some very careful soul-searching I have decided to participate in the Judo Senior National Championships in Texas in April. Preparation for Nationals will involve significant changes to my diet and lifestyle; as well as at least 3 intense training sessions a day, beginning in the early morning. I realize there will be significant challenges as I bring my skill level and conditioning to the level they will need to be at to compete on the national basis.

Comment

After some very careful soul-searching I have decided to participate in the Judo Senior National Championships in Texas in April. Preparation for Nationals will involve significant changes to my diet and lifestyle; as well as at least 3 intense training sessions a day, beginning in the early morning. I realize there will be significant challenges as I bring my skill level and conditioning to the level they will need to be at to compete on the national basis.
                            Go for it! Be the best you can be and above all else, train smart.

Comment

Make sure your preparation includes getting info on potential competitors...the heavyweight division is not very deep in the US.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X