Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know of a style called KoKoDo JuJutsu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know of a style called KoKoDo JuJutsu?

Hey - Just doing some research and came across a Japanese style called KoKoDo JuJutsu on Youtube I found some videos links below and it looks like they have Goshin style applications as well. Anyone have any information regarding it?

Video:

Video:

A Goshin style video:

Thanks,
    B

Kokodo? No.

Kokomo? Yes.

Comment

KoKoDo? That the jitsu that Koko the gorilla does?

Comment

Originally posted by Krijgsman View Post
        Didn't realize they now had gorillas practicing jujutsu..

and looking into it a bit more i read that the lineage can be traced accordingly
        Daito Ryu Aikijujutsu -> Hakkoryu -> KoKoDo JuJutsu. Anyone familiar with any of those arts?

Edit: just found two more videos for KoKoDo JuJutsu here

Video:

Video:
        Last edited by avisergo; 3/27/2013 11:09pm, . Reason: Added another video

Comment

Looks (to me) like a lot of typical "dead" Japanese Jujutsu. Just compliant partner bull-pucky. But, that is just my opinion.

I suspect the Ko Ko DO Ju JUTSU is not a good sign either. My Japanese speaking compatriots can correct me, but usually isn't it either a "Do" or a "Jitsu/Justu"... not both? Made up names usually mean made up arts.

Comment

My Japanese speaking compatriots can correct me, but usually isn't it either a "Do" or a "Jitsu/Justu"... not both?
            To the best of my knowledge Do in Japanese means Way and Jutsu means Art, and I think JuJutsu means gentle art

Comment

The Ko Ko way of the gentle art.

In all seriousness you know the rules, man: If they don't spar don't train with them.

Looks like they don't, maybe go watch a class of theirs just to be sure.

Comment

The influence of Aikido is clear at 0:37 of the first vid in which, when seated the Tori is grabbed around the Neck by Uke and then takes the proferred Wrist so Tori can execute his intended Technique. The problem is it is Conditioning and Unrealistic: anyone other than Uke would either punch with their Right or snap on an RNC.

In the final vid at 0:37 is pure Aikido Shoulder Arm lock.

There are other Techniques which are Trad JJ locks, Throws etc.

I've no other opinion at this time. They could be good or indifferent, there's not enough to be sure: I would say that they need to be more invested in their Attacks; Punch like you mean it - then we'd know.
                Last edited by Eddie Hardon; 3/28/2013 11:03am, . Reason: typos

Comment

Originally posted by avisergo View Post
                  Hey - Just doing some research and came across a Japanese style called KoKoDo JuJutsu on Youtube I found some videos links below and it looks like they have Goshin style applications as well. Anyone have any information regarding it?
                  Yes, I do.

Comment

Originally posted by avisergo View Post
                    To the best of my knowledge Do in Japanese means Way and Jutsu means Art, and I think JuJutsu means gentle art
                    Yes... I know. My point was:
                    Ju Do
                    Ju Jitsu/Jutsu
                    Aiki Do
                    Aiki Jitsu

Not Judojutsu.

But, as Mister pointed out, Ko Ko way of the gentle art does make sense... kinda.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Hardon View Post
                      The influence of Aikido is clear.
                      That's definitely an interesting perspective and I also just found an interesting article relevant here it's an interview between Roy Dean and Soke Irie Yasuhiro (founder of KoKoDo JuJutsu) and it talks about the connection of how kokodo uses aiki in it's style.

http://www.roydeanacademy.com/downlo...inter_2007.pdf

Comment

kokodo jujutsu

Ok kokodo is consists of waza and standing waza...you first learn how to escape a two hand grab, the first technique Is called nuke ti which means escape once u learn how to escape a two hand grab u develop more skill to learn other techniques on waza..wrist locks are painful and effective but you have to know when and how to use the techniques based on how the attacker attacks you..if he is aggressive then you have to use his own power against him..a weaker attack will be easier but different defense is used because you have to adjust to your attacker and know what's he doing..I been studying for years but not recently due to busy life..so once u learn sitting waza you move up to standing waza..pure japanese jujutsu but kokodo version..the throws take more time to learn unless you are a natural..wrestling helped me with the throws but I realized I was using my wrestling background to help me with my techniques and that's not what kokodo is but I eventually learned to just use pure updated Japanese techniques..judo may help a lot and wrestling...so I hope I helped..this art is gentle cuz the way you use the techniques but in the streets it's a different story..it will help get away from a enemy if you study rigorously for days..

Comment

Originally posted by nazhere View Post
                          this art is gentle cuz the way you use the techniques but in the streets it's a different story..it will help get away from a enemy if you study rigorously for days..
                          Please see
                          http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=125818
                          for a whole list of reasons why this train of thought is a whole mess of BS.
                          This thread here may also help you out
                          http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=125904
                          As well as the 1001 threads about aliveness in the martial arts.
                          Basically anything that starts with hey grab my wrist is pretty much bullshit.

Comment

Koko is an American Gorilla. She does catch and folk style.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                              Basically anything that starts with hey grab my wrist is pretty much bullshit.
                              That's not completely fair. Gracie Jiu-Jitsu has a way to deal with every grab.

It's the sending the people flying through the air from the knees that was the red flag for me.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X