Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Bjj Gym in Montreal?

Hello everyone,
    My name is Mortal_wombat. I live in Montreal. I did shotokan Karate for 8 years, stopped for 6 and now im back on the martial arts scene. I've been doing some doce pares escrima for the past month and i am completely in love with it! Recently, by lurking around these forums, I've come to realize how important grappling is and would like to incorporate it into my game. I was once the type of guy who believed that any grappling art is useless and only for brainless ruffians. Obviously, I was wrong.

There are two bjj places that im looking at right now
    Please remove spaces before the .ca and .com as i only have 2 posts therefore I am not allowed to post links:
    Gracie barra Montreal - gbmontreal. ca/
    and
    H20 mma h2oma. com/

I don't know what to look for in a good bjj gym. What should I be looking for in good bjj gym? What should I avoid? How do i know that they're legit and not some over commercialized Mcdojo?

No, your name is not Mortal wombat. :-)

Although I would love to see an ID with that official name...

Anyway, welcome to Bullshido.

Check out the School review section of Bullshido as well as some forum stickies/threads about evaluating MA gyms (Search function is a friend).

Basically, though, you could start by paying a visit to both of the schools you're interested in. Most places offer a free introduction class, where you'll get a feeling of things plus you can ask the instructor anything that you want to know.

Good luck with your training and keep us updated.

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid shit back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Comment

Thank you for your input and sorry for the late reply, I am very busy with my studies right now. I've decided that I am going to train at GAMMA which is a complete martial arts academy one of the dog brothers teaches there and the bjj team is one of the best that montreal has to offer.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X