Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Women Really Handle Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    Originally posted by AKRhino View Post
    I think you seriously underestimate the potential impact of a sexual assault...
    I'm sure it's a huge trauma.

    But it's still no reason to quit.

    That separates who really wants success from who doesn't.

    Originally posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    That's totally the same thing as BJJ!
    It was just an example of not quitting when most people did and I don't like how you quoted it out of context too, it's not just the nobody showing up, I mentioned bullying and getting beat up in a fight too. You missed the point completely.

    How about squatting heavy with a broken back when all doctors said to stay at home?

    Is that like BJJ to you?

    Comment


      #77
      I hope nobody calls me a misogynist I'm getting really rather sick of the word.
      Alright. I will call you... Honeyballs.

      And I agree with you 100% that sexual assault is no excuse to quit. Back when I was teaching Yagli Gures at the Jewish community center, I would line each and every one of my guys up at the end of a lesson and fuck them in the ass one by one. It was a way to weed out all the quitters and weak-willed crybabies. A lot of guys quit, even though there was no other oil wrestling schools around, because they were pussies and didn't have the guts to be there in the first place. The ones who stuck with me are currently being treated for neurosyphilis and have been disavowed by their families, but I'll be damned if they aren't a tough bunch of grease wrestlers.

      Comment


        #78
        Originally posted by Mister View Post
        I hope nobody calls me a misogynist I'm getting really rather sick of the word.
        No, I'm not going to call you a misogynist. Right now I'm stuck between calling you a fucking clueless idiot or just a massive piece of shit.

        Don't stick around waiting for me to decide.

        Comment


          #79
          Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
          Alright. I will call you... Honeyballs.

          And I agree with you 100% that sexual assault is no excuse to quit. Back when I was teaching Yagli Gures at the Jewish community center, I would line each and every one of my guys up at the end of a lesson and fuck them in the ass one by one. It was a way to weed out all the quitters and weak-willed crybabies. A lot of guys quit, even though there was no other oil wrestling schools around, because they were pussies and didn't have the guts to be there in the first place. The ones who stuck with me are currently being treated for neurosyphilis and have been disavowed by their families, but I'll be damned if they aren't a tough bunch of grease wrestlers.
          I think it's commendable what you're doing.

          Thanks for not calling me a misogynist, too.

          Comment


            #80
            How about squatting heavy with a broken back when all doctors said to stay at home?

            Is that like BJJ to you?
            No, it more like risking parlysis, which is counter-intuitive to achieving your goals of becoming stronger and better through martial arts.

            Comment


              #81
              Originally posted by lordbd View Post
              I see what you mean about avoiding discrimination by training with partners in a way that is blind to gender. On the other hand, some modern feminist thought points out the dangers of both alpha bias (exaggerating gender differences) and beta bias (ignoring differences).

              Not sure how that might apply comprehensively in this situation, but one analogy would be the use of chest protection for women in kickboxing sparring. Not letting a woman spar could be alpha bias, but not recognizing the possible need for chest protection could be beta bias. So in that case treating women TOO equally could also discourage them from training.
              Well, I've never thought of it that way.

              So there's too much discrimination.

              Too little discrimination.

              And there's an amount of discrimination that's just right.

              Comment


                #82
                Originally posted by Mister View Post
                I'm sure it's a huge trauma.

                But it's still no reason to quit.

                That separates who really wants success from who doesn't.
                Lloyd? Is that you?

                Comment


                  #83
                  Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
                  No, it more like risking parlysis, which is counter-intuitive to achieving your goals of becoming stronger and better through martial arts.
                  It's the least dangerous option to get stronger.

                  If I get dropped in Judo I might be done for completely.

                  Barbell activities are staid and controlled, my only option.

                  And I can't afford surgery.

                  I've thought about it a lot. Thanks for your insight though.

                  Comment


                    #84
                    Originally posted by Mister View Post
                    Well, I've never thought of it that way.

                    So there's too much discrimination.

                    Too little discrimination.

                    And there's an amount of discrimination that's just right.
                    Or there's common fucking sense. And respecting peoples comfort levels.
                    The psychological trauma in sexual abuse can be debilitating on so many levels its naive of you to say it shouldn't stop someone training. Ideally NOTHING should stop someone training..but reality bites.

                    Comment


                      #85
                      double postiness..
                      Last edited by Resonance10; 2/20/2013 4:11pm, .

                      Comment


                        #86
                        Originally posted by lukerawks View Post
                        Lloyd? Is that you?


                        What Nahhh
                        Attached Files

                        Comment


                          #87
                          Originally posted by Mister View Post
                          It's the least dangerous option to get stronger.

                          If I get dropped in Judo I might be done for completely.

                          Barbell activities are staid and controlled, my only option.

                          And I can't afford surgery.

                          I've thought about it a lot. Thanks for your insight though.
                          I think the *least* dangerous option to get stronger would be maybe listening to your doctors and staying home until your BROKEN BACK heals?

                          Who has made the determination that this is your only option, as you stated earlier that 'the doctors' said to stay at home? I think THAT is probably your only option....it just seems that you didn't like what they had to say so you're risking further injury by planning your own therapy.

                          Also....are you an Aikidoka?

                          Comment


                            #88
                            Originally posted by Mister View Post
                            That separates who really wants success from who doesn't.
                            What does success mean in terms of being good at BJJ? Being able to ward off a sexual assault? Cause in your bizarre scenario they'd be more successful staying home. I guess that's what separates who really wants success from who doesn't.


                            How about squatting heavy with a broken back when all doctors said to stay at home?

                            Is that like BJJ to you?
                            Why would you do this? Was your doctor a woman or something?

                            Comment


                              #89
                              Originally posted by Permalost View Post
                              What does success mean in terms of being good at BJJ? Being able to ward off a sexual assault? Cause in your bizarre scenario they'd be more successful staying home. I guess that's what separates who really wants success from who doesn't.



                              Why would you do this? Was your doctor a woman or something?
                              What I'm getting is that he would equally ignore the advice of both male and female medical professionals.

                              Comment


                                #90
                                Originally posted by Permalost View Post
                                What does success mean in terms of being good at BJJ? Being able to ward off a sexual assault? Cause in your bizarre scenario they'd be more successful staying home. I guess that's what separates who really wants success from who doesn't.
                                Why would you do this? Was your doctor a woman or something?
                                The battle over YOLO. Mister takes it in the sense of "go for it." Permalost thinks maybe The Lonely Island has a point.

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X