Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oxford Study on BJJ Belt Promotions/Grading Rituals

Hello folks,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this, so if it's not I'm sure you'll let me know but since the grappling forum clearly says it is for TECHNIQUE DISCUSSION ONLY I guessed here is the better shot.

I used to lurk around Bullshido a good few years back but been quite a while since I was here.

Anyway, I'm looking for participants to complete a survey I designed on belt promotions/gradings in BJJ. The research is going to be part of a large international research project that is running in my department (Institute of Cognitive & Evolutionary Anthropology) but I'm also planning to share interesting results with the wider BJJ community via www.bjjsurveys.com. I'm using aesopian's gi survey as the kind of model about how to share results.

To complete the survey you just need to go to www.bjjsurveys.comPLEASE TAKE PART IN THE SURVEY- CLICK HERE

Nah ty

Comment

Completed. I was impressed with the depth. Hope your study goes well!

Comment

Link not working for me...all i get is a black page with null, reload (which brings me to same spot) and clear...

Comment

I'm game for it. But am I the only one who can't get the links to work?

Comment

Site it was hosted on apparently went down due to the hurricane. Should be back up now.

Comment

Re: Oxford Study on BJJ Belt Promotions/Grading Rituals

Survey done...keep them coming! Interesting stuff.

Comment

Filled it out.

Comment

Done! Thanks.

Comment

done; very interested in seeing your findings when all is said and done.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                      done; very interested in seeing your findings when all is said and done.
                      After collection/analysis is in I'll start posting results up on the site. Will advertise/post around when this is happening.

Comment

Quick update: Now up to 500 responses! The survey is concluding in December just before Christmas so my optimistic goal is to break 1000 before then. If you can post the study on facebook/twitter or just mention it to folks I will be eternally grateful. 500 is already a decent response but better to aim high I think!

Thanks to everyone who filled it out so far!

Comment

If you want to write something up for me to post to my facebook or have something already on facebook for us to share I would be happy to share it for you.

Comment

Yeah I was trying to think of something for people to post but I'm not great with wording such things how about:

BJJ practitioners needed to participate in on-line survey of BJJ gradings/belt promotions by Oxford University researchers! Please visit www.bjjsurveys.com

Comment

Thread Necromancing to let people know that despite being way overdue I'm starting to post the results from this survey: http://www.bjjsurveys.com/blog/2013/...s-demographics

If folks have any particular data they are interested in hearing about drop me a line.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X