Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sipalki as I'm paranoid

Yes you know me as the Uruguayan troll whatever

The point is South America is getting shittier every second (maybe a cycle that can be broken but who knows Im talking about Criminality and violence of course)

So Sipalki and carrying a small blade

I have a lot of respect towards Sipalki because of one of its practicioners who in the Kyokushin dojo showed so nice moves with a wooden shia (small dull knifie thingie) against a much larger opponent

Whats your opinion and stuff,

I already know a academy and Its quite close to me (not sure if its the same of the videos though)

NO FMA OF ANY TYPE IN URUGUAY

Moarz sipalki

Comment

This is the same style also called Sib Pal Gi, isn't it? There's a strange little self defense weapon called a ka wee that used to be sold in magazines, and its claimed to come from a sib pal gee teacher:

and that is literally all I know about the style.

Comment

Yes

Sipalki is the spanish pronunciation

Uruguayan Sipalki lineage comes from

"Argentina
        See also: Asian Argentine

Yoo Soo Nam(유수남) has introduced his family style called Ion Bi Ryu ("school of swallow's secrets") to the West beginning in 1970 when he migrated to Argentina, this style has 18 methods, 15 with weapons and the other 3 unarmed. The unarmed methods consists of: personal defense (Ho Sin Sul), combat one to one or one against more than one opponent (Kwon Bop) and Meditation (Shim Bop)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shippalgi

DISCLAIMER I WOULD LEARN SIPALKI FOR THE WEAPONS NOT THE STRIKES OR THE GRAPPLE
        Last edited by RurikGreenwulf; 10/25/2012 6:17pm, .

Comment

Well you have a cute little demo and a competition footage.
          As you can imagine the two don't look a whole lot a like. Yes I can see them sort of trying to do the same stuff they did in the demo but it comes out like a shit after eating a chorizo habanero chile relleno served chimichanga style.

Now look at Judo see how the demo looks like the sparring that looks like the competition? You do? Good now you understand how a Martial Art that is trained in an alive manner looks.
          Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
          –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
            Well you have a cute little demo and a competition footage.
            As you can imagine the two don't look a whole lot a like. Yes I can see them sort of trying to do the same stuff they did in the demo but it comes out like a shit after eating a chorizo habanero chile relleno served chimichanga style.

Now look at Judo see how the demo looks like the sparring that looks like the competition? You do? Good now you understand how a Martial Art that is trained in an alive manner looks.

:okay:

Comment

This is not Sibpalgi.

This is bullshit made up by a Hapgido master who jumped on a boat & as soon as he landed in Argentina, was suddenly the master of an ancient, secret, family style from 2000 years ago in Korea.

Meanwhile, all the other actual Sibpalgi practitioners (of both varieties) in the world looked at him and said, "Dude, what the fuck...you do Hapgido!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhi108 View Post
                This is not Sibpalgi.

This is bullshit made up by a Hapgido master who jumped on a boat & as soon as he landed in Argentina, was suddenly the master of an ancient, secret, family style from 2000 years ago in Korea.

Meanwhile, all the other actual Sibpalgi practitioners (of both varieties) in the world looked at him and said, "Dude, what the fuck...you do Hapgido!"
                No idea, I just wanted to learn some basic Knife techniques

Comment

FWIW I've never seen any really good Korean knife work. Maybe there's something out there, but what I've seen was reverse engineered from reverse punches and hapkido techniques and such.

Comment

Bodhi, care to post a vid/description of t34 r34l sibpalgi?

Comment

Originally posted by RurikGreenwulf View Post
                      No idea, I just wanted to learn some basic Knife techniques
                      You don't have to have an idea, that's why I'm telling you, pigfucker. It's a bullshit martial art invented by a bullshitter. You won't learn good knife there.

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
                        Bodhi, care to post a vid/description of t34 r34l sibpalgi?

This is Sibpalgi of the first variety. It is the mainly weapons oriented art originally taught to Joseon dynasty special operations units & palace guards. It is one of the few pre-Japanese occupation martial arts that can claim that history that actual has documented scholarly research to back it up. Its high level instructors tend to be historians, researchers, etc. When people talk about the legend that "Korean martial arts" were banned by the Japanese, this is what they are talking about. Military training was banned by the Japanese.

It can be thought of as a Korean equivalent to HEMA.

This is the other Sibpalgi. Chinese kung fu masters, fleeing Communist China, settled in South Korea, some in the cities, some in the mountains. These men had a tremendous influence on Modern KMA. Sometimes it was acknowledged as in Mudeokgwan Subakdo, sometimes it was not, as in Guksulwon. They brought largely the systems of Shaolin Long Fist, Northern Mantis, and Baguazhang to South Korea.

This is the system I studied.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhi108 View Post
                          This is the other Sibpalgi. Chinese kung fu masters, fleeing Communist China, settled in South Korea, some in the cities, some in the mountains. These men had a tremendous influence on Modern KMA. Sometimes it was acknowledged as in Mudeokgwan Subakdo, sometimes it was not, as in Guksulwon. They brought largely the systems of Shaolin Long Fist, Northern Mantis, and Baguazhang to South Korea.
                          Ah, many thanks for the videos. I'd met a guy learning sibpalki back in the early 90's in upstate NY, and he'd told me of the ex-pat CMA'ers.

Comment

Yeah, I love it. Shaolin with a side of kimchi.

Comment

So no realz knife fighting for me?

So sipalki is no good and I have no FMA nor Hema

What do I do?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X