Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contact Bullshido or moderator

Hi

Was wondering if there was a way to contact bullshido or a forum Mod?

It would nice if we could add a report on problem students or potential students.

I recently had a guy contact me about SanShou. Yes, I have san shou program, if I have a student base to support it. All I have now are older people.....my student base has been wiped out by the economy.

I tried to explain to the guy that it may be a little more difficult finding a place for fighting full contact due to insurance/liablility issues amoung other reasons (no students of fighting age due to economy). It was hard for him to believe people get hurt fighting full contact and tried to convince me of this.

For some reason the goof ball got upset and started insulting me. I invited him for a visit or at least a phone call so I could explain.....I was trying to help the guy find a school and give him advice. He accused me of "wanting to ruff him up". What!!??? and said he was going to list me on this site. I hope he does. would love to share his information.

For starters, I will contact every school in his area with his informantion and let them know he is a potential problem.

It is sad when a school owner tries to give honest information and gets attacked over it. He hasnt posted yet....but I will be watching.

If you need to contact a moderator, I think you can go here:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64 (Newbietown main page)

Scroll to the bottom of the page, and you'll find the Newbietown moderators' names highlighted in red. Click on one of the names, then click on 'send private message'. It'll be on the left side of the page. Please don't spam.

While I feel it's not my place to comment on your situation, I can tell you this: Bullshido isn't about ruining the reputations of legitimate MA instructors. And when there's an investigation (for which there seem to be very strict criteria), the instructor in question is always contacted and offered a chance to give their side of the story.

That's all the help I can give you. Welcome to Bullshido.

Comment

Generally, butthurt would-be students who come here just to rip on a school without proof that it's bad get shot down pretty quickly. Something like that happened in this thread

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=107380&page=1

as far as I can tell. Unless you're teaching Wing Chun or something that people are going to hate anyway, you don't have much to worry about. Maybe you could tell us more about your school before we hear about it from someone else.

Comment

Sure!

I have been training continuously since 1983 including various styles. So, my school is primarily a northern mantis style but other things such as the grappling are mixed in there. Why not, its good stuff! When we have a student population that will support it, we have a sanda program....senior students always have the opportunity to fight. We are not a competition based school.

I have found (in my area) after 21 years of teaching that the interests in the martial arts are on the decline. Very sad to see.

I have never required contracts or belt testing fees (I do not even use a colored belt system).

Have a good day!

Comment

I feel that not enough info has been provided and that the other guy's version of the story may be quite different. Want to add some details about how he got upset and what he said? It sounds like not much happened at any rate- dealing with occasional insecure crazies is part of running a martial arts school, is it not?

Harsh words and threatening to badmouth you on the Internet hardly even seems worth going to all the other local schools and warning them about this guy. In fact, you may be escalating it when he checks out some other places and learns of your warning.
          I recently had a guy contact me about SanShou. Yes, I have san shou program, if I have a student base to support it. All I have now are older people.....my student base has been wiped out by the economy.
          Wait, so do you or do you not have a sanshou program? If you have it when you have the student base, but you don't have the student base, then you do not have a sanshou program, no?

Originally posted by Dave 1967 View Post
          For starters, I will contact every school in his area with his informantion and let them know he is a potential problem.
          If I were running a school and someone came by to tell me that someone I've never met is a potential problem, I might figure that the guy there to warn me has a personal score with the mystery individual, so their warning may seem a bit disingenuous.

If you're worried about him slandering you on Bullshido, just answer his claims as best you can, and if he's full of shit, we should be able to figure that out. Its what we do. Plenty of time on Bullshido, someone legit is investigated, they prove that they are legit, and the investigation becomes a permanent testament to their legitimacy. Someone naming you on Bullshido doesn't automatically mean you're full of crap.

Comment

Well my friend, if he happens to post anything I will post the emails and that will tell the story since he has never met me in person and would not take a phone call.

Yes, I have a san shaou program, no reason to split hairs here. Most young guys who want to fight want to compete....he wont get much out of fighting the 45 year old lady or the 12, 14 and 16 year old kids I have fighting at the moment. "do you or dont you have a program", you know, why dont people just call? Much easier than getting into this on a forum or email if he was confused.

I was being nice to him and I told him to check out a boxing gym...no one does san shou in my area and the mma guy across the street went out of business after a year.

I have been in my area for 20 years so I know the people in the schools and I am sure they would like a heads up. No, they didnt think i was sneaky. We are all brothers in the arts and have to watch out for each other.

The only reason I came here is the guy threatened me and gave me the link....so I am waiting for him. Making threats to slander someone when they have never met them or even spoke to them on the phone....that is sad.

Have a great day!
            Last edited by Dave 1967; 10/24/2012 6:59pm, .

Comment

Well, since you are here anyway, why don't you review your school in the school section? Then feel free to go to the CMA area and post there. With your wealth of knowledge, I'm sure there will be some fruitful discussions.

This is actually a cool site with tons of stuff going on. You may find your experience here to be a lot better than you thought it would be if you take the time to check us out.
              Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Ill do that. the guy actually sent an email apologizing for his tone so I am in the middle of putting to gether some information for him and some clips of my guys fighting for him so he can see what and how I teach. Thats all I wanted to do in the first place is help him out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave 1967 View Post
                  "do you or dont you have a program", you know, why dont people just call? Much easier than getting into this on a forum or email if he was confused.
                  I don't see how its easier to answer this call regularly than to have it written clearly online to be browsed by anyone on earth.

Comment

confusion came from emails. I am not a writer. The problem has been resovled.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X