Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bujinkan Bukeyashiki Dojo

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Bujinkan Bukeyashiki Dojo

    Hey everyone,

    So I was directed to this Dojo off of the YMAS forum, and have been looking into it more as I can't believe their head instructor is a blackbelt in anything. I've been in contact with him (Mike Reina) and he tells me he is a 6th dan BB in Bujinkan (although his website lists him as Miguel Reina and a 5th dan) and outside of the greater NJ area, I can't find anything that would actually make him a blackbelt. I have asked him for his lineage, which he replied he was given his BB at Firehouse Dojo, but thus far has refused to tell me who gave it to him.

    I am fairly certain this is a McDojo. Anyone have any experiences with this Dojo or Mike?

    #2
    So, I once again asked Mike Reina to prove his lineage, his response below:


    As far as my rank i'm only a 5th dan, not 6th. My certificates are displayed
    on my wall in the dojo. There is where you will see them. However if you think
    my dojo is a Mcdojo then that's fine - I know it's not. I also do not need to
    prove to you my rank or "linage". Sorry that you have this misunderstanding.
    I've searched the interwebz for any information regarding his Blackbelt and still come up empty.

    Comment


      #3
      Seriously?
      BBJ hands out ranks like candy and you are worried about a guy claiming he is a 6th Dan?
      You know they have a 15th dan right?
      Also, go read the rules, this is not even close to being a MABS thread.

      Comment


        #4
        First of all, I don't see what BJJ has to do with this at all. Second, I know the levels they have, however if someone is claiming to be a somewhat high level blackbelt and is charging people 1000 bucks a year to train, they should be a legit blackbelt. further conversation with Mike has led to him evading my questions, and asking me why he should tell me who gave him his bb. It's typical bullshido.

        I can't find a single rule that I've broken. http://bukeyashikidojo.com/MikeReinaInstructor.asp that is his instructor page with his claims. I can't screen shot right now, but have no problem showing you the diagloue between me and him. And no, this is not about a vandetta either.

        But please, enlighten me as to what rule this thread violates.

        Comment


          #5
          He meant BBT, Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu.
          BBT is known for very being very leisurely with belts.
          The only ones considered important are 5th dan, cause you can only get it in Japan and 10th because you need signatures of sponsoring higher grades.
          Since the value of belts is very low, fraud isn't a major source of concern IMO.
          You'd be hard pressed to spot the difference in skill between many BBT blacks and beginners and it's widely known inside their community.

          Comment


            #6
            Also, he has plenty of pics of himself at the Hombu dojo, with Hatsumi, he wouldn't claim a 5th dan if he didn't pass the test, which isn't even technical in nature but involves evading a strike to the head from behind.

            Comment


              #7
              Ok, well Mike claims he is a 5th dan, and it appears he recieved that from Jim Wagner, who is widely suspected to be a total fake.

              I'm just trying to find out if anyone has ever been to this school, seen the instruction, etc.

              he has two pictures with Hatsumi that I can see, and 3 pictures at Hombu. I don't see what that proves. Further, if he did get his belt from Hatsumi, why wouldn't he just say that in the beginning? From what I can tell through my dialogue with him, Hatsumi did not award him anything.
              Last edited by sklart; 9/25/2012 2:34pm, .

              Comment


                #8
                I'm going to guess you're an idiot, Sklart.

                Comment


                  #9
                  for what reason?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Because you don't even know what the words you're using mean.

                    He could have a completely made-up rank from someone know to hand out forged rank certificates & still run a decent dojo.

                    The rank of the instructor has nothing to do with whether or not it is a McDojo.

                    In closing, looking at your post count, the time you've had an active account with us, I am going to advise you to SIT THE FUCK DOWN AND SHUT THE FUCK UP AND STOP HARRASSING SOMEONE ABOUT SHIT YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      This aught to be good...

                      FWIW "Miguel" and "Michael" are the same name in two different languages. Spanish and English respectively.

                      AFA lineage? It ends at Hatsumi and co. They are the well spring of the Booj.

                      If you're looking for someone who can trully claim "ninjitsu" lineage back to feudal Japan prepare to be dissapointed. Even the actual decendents of those clans will tell you their family art is long dead.

                      Modern "ninjas" don't wear tabi socks or claim ninjitsu. They are covert military operatives. They go by names such as "Marine Force Recon", "Scout Sniper", "Seal Team Six", "CIA Special Activities Division", "MOSAD's Kidon", ect...

                      You're guy probably isn't one of those. At worst, he'd be a fake instructor in a pretty fake system.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Bodhi108 View Post
                        Because you don't even know what the words you're using mean.

                        He could have a completely made-up rank from someone know to hand out forged rank certificates & still run a decent dojo.

                        The rank of the instructor has nothing to do with whether or not it is a McDojo.

                        In closing, looking at your post count, the time you've had an active account with us, I am going to advise you to SIT THE FUCK DOWN AND SHUT THE FUCK UP AND STOP HARRASSING SOMEONE ABOUT SHIT YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT!
                        You aren't making much sense. How can you make up a rank and run a legit dojo? That doesn't make sense.

                        second, assuming I don't know what I am talking about based on my short post history is retarded.

                        lastly, I am not harrassing anyone. You need to relax and take your meds.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Mr. Machette View Post
                          This aught to be good...

                          FWIW "Miguel" and "Michael" are the same name in two different languages. Spanish and English respectively.

                          AFA lineage? It ends at Hatsumi and co. They are the well spring of the Booj.

                          If you're looking for someone who can trully claim "ninjitsu" lineage back to feudal Japan prepare to be dissapointed. Even the actual decendents of those clans will tell you their family art is long dead.

                          Modern "ninjas" don't wear tabi socks or claim ninjitsu. They are covert military operatives. They go by names such as "Marine Force Recon", "Scout Sniper", "Seal Team Six", "CIA Special Activities Division", "MOSAD's Kidon", ect...

                          You're guy probably isn't one of those. At worst, he'd be a fake instructor in a pretty fake system.
                          I am aware that Miguel is Michael in spanish...however, he isn't spanish.

                          Thank you for the rest of the information.

                          Bodhi: Was it so hard to answer me like Machette did? No, it wasn't.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by sklart View Post
                            Bodhi: Was it so hard to answer me like Machette did? No, it wasn't.
                            I don't feel the need to waste my time with fucktards who's so-called investigation is about to be flushed to Trollshido.

                            And yes, contacting the gentleman in the manner you did , threatening him, is harrassment.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Bodhi108 View Post
                              I don't feel the need to waste my time with fucktards who's so-called investigation is about to be flushed to Trollshido.

                              And yes, contacting the gentleman in the manner you did , threatening him, is harrassment.
                              Sadly it seems you don't know what constitutes are harassment.

                              Asking someone a question isn't harassment. I never threatened him either. I think you need to relax a little bit. Besides, his fucking dojo has videos posted in the YMAS section under "post the most mcdojo yt clips you can find."

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X