Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travel Insurance/NHS/EU Health Insurance and full contact.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travel Insurance/NHS/EU Health Insurance and full contact.

Right, so I want to start attending EU Throwdowns at some point and I want to attend the Euro Dog Bros gathering in 2014 or 2015 but I have no idea how insurance works for this sort of thing.

Travel insurance seems to cover only "non-competetive" martial arts TRAINING.

I will hopefully have my UK passport before the end of next year and I understand that this gives me access to the EU Health Insurance card which gets you discounts for some things.

Do any of our UK/EU members have any experience/advice?

Surely some of you must've broken something overseas at some point.

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthc...-the-ehic.aspx

Comment

Thanks, I gave that a read before posting the thread. Have you had to use yours at any point for anything Martial Arts related?

Comment

Hola

Hello MMA Nuts

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy View Post
          Right, so I want to start attending EU Throwdowns at some point and I want to attend the Euro Dog Bros gathering in 2014 or 2015 but I have no idea how insurance works for this sort of thing.

Travel insurance seems to cover only "non-competetive" martial arts TRAINING.

I will hopefully have my UK passport before the end of next year and I understand that this gives me access to the EU Health Insurance card which gets you discounts for some things.

Do any of our UK/EU members have any experience/advice?

Surely some of you must've broken something overseas at some point.
          I've taken additional insurance out for Snowboarding & mountain walking in the past. When I broke a wrist a few years ago I got it set and strapped up on the EHIC in a French hospital for free.

A quick google showed this lot, but most insurance companies will probably put a policy together for you, you'd probably need to speak to an actual human being though.

Comment

Originally posted by thrutch View Post
            I've taken additional insurance out for Snowboarding & mountain walking in the past. When I broke a wrist a few years ago I got it set and strapped up on the EHIC in a French hospital for free.

A quick google showed this lot, but most insurance companies will probably put a policy together for you, you'd probably need to speak to an actual human being though.
            Thanks man, that's actually a better link than any I found. I'll probably give them a call when the time comes.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X