Hendo chasing the GOAT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hendo chasing the GOAT?

Dan Henderson has been in a lot of heavy-duty fights. The former Olympian wrestler is set to fight Bones Jones, Sep 1st, and if he wins, by many's estimation, he would be a contender for Greatest-of-all-time status.

Considering he KO'd Fedor (the first to do so in pro competition IIRC), and has fought so many top guys (not to mention just won what is arguably the best fight in UFC history), over so many years, he's already in the mix. He's held a lot of belts already, and kicked a lot of ass.

Possibly most gratifying to American fans, he clocked the shit out of Mr. Bisping, and temporarily shut the talented but mouthy Brit up, with a picture perfect H-bomb, that would make any fighter cringe IMO.

If he gets this LHW UFC belt, surely he should be at or near the very top of the GOAT discussion.

Can he be the GOAT, without defeating Anderson Silva? That is my question. If he takes down Jones, should he be put above the Brazilian phenom?

Discuss.
    sigpic

Do you actually believe that he has a chance against Jones?

But, yeah, if he does win, I don't think it would still be enough to be GOAT.

I think an Anderson Silva match is needed.

Comment

Hmmmm....

Spoiler:
      Maybe
      go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Comment

Originally posted by Necroyunus View Post

I think an Anderson Silva match is needed.
        I know Anderson is crazy good, but I don't know why maybe its the wrestling but I think Henderson if anyone might be able to beat him on a good night. I wouldn't put money on it but I would pay to see the fight.
        Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
        –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

Nah. Too many losses.

Comment

What the duck is GOAT?

Tapatalk

Comment

What kind of crack are you on?? The only thing Dan is going to gain from a fight with jones is a sore ass, I doubt he lasts past round two. And to say he would be the GOAT?? just wow dude.

Comment

I think he'd have a better chance against Silva than Jones. Can't see him toppling Bones. Silva... yeah maybe.

Comment

Who are the guys in the running? There aren't many IMO.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The_Beak View Post
                    What the duck is GOAT?

Tapatalk
                    Nothing to do with the words "greatest of all time".

Really.

Comment

I thought this thread would be about Henderson chasing an actual goat as part of his training, like when Rocky chased that chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
                        What kind of crack are you on?? The only thing Dan is going to gain from a fight with jones is a sore ass, I doubt he lasts past round two. And to say he would be the GOAT?? just wow dude.
                        You monster.

Comment

What the shit is going on here. You realize that he lost to silva right?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Sleepless View Post
                            But Andreson lost to Ryo Chonan, who then lost to Henderson so nyaaaah.
                            go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Sleepless View Post
                              There are only so many guys in the discussion. With all he's done, he deserves mention.

Who are we talking about? Randy, Hendo, Fedor, Anderson, GSP, and possibly a couple of others. Not a long list, in this young sport.

I'm not certain Anderson could take Fedor (they walk around at a similar weight), but I damn sure watched Hendo do it. Even older Fedor is no joke.
                              sigpic

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X