No announcement yet.

I've got a little "Shaolin" problem..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, you're already going there for the mission right? No one said you can't just casually bump into tai-chi girl while you're attending to church business. For $85 + $45 you'll probably have better success with the local street walkers.
    "The pedant is he who finds it impossible to read criticism of himself without immediately reaching for his pen and replying to the effect that the accusation is a gross insult to his person. He is, in effect, a man unable to laugh at himself."Sigmund Freud, The Ego and the Id.

Comment

two words: "stockholm syndrome"

Comment

No tail is worth possibly-contractually-obligated Bullshido money. You're gonna have to wine-n-dine her too yanno'!

Comment

Originally posted by Necroyunus View Post
          two words: "stockholm syndrome"
          Made me LOL hard!

Comment

Originally posted by slamdunc View Post
            Way more than you can imagine; the majority of them not being very practical. The more patches, the more d34d1y.

Then "Grandmaster Sin/Shen" is friggin' Shredder on Bath Salts.
            Dude's entire GI was patched.
            Here he is in a much less patched out Gi on Youtube, mullet and all.

Comment

Originally posted by RegularJoe View Post
              Then "Grandmaster Sin/Shen" is friggin' Shredder on Bath Salts.
              Dude's entire GI was patched.
              Here he is in a much less patched out Gi on Youtube, mullet and all.
              I feel like in most of those shot's he's a muppet propped up on a stick or something

Comment

Eh. Yep, that sounds shitty. But the girls are always worth it. Think of Dante and Beatrice and go for it!

Wow, I had a hard time coping with the bullshit related to practicing Shaolin Kung Fu under an actual Shaolin "monk" from Henan, these diluted westerner adaptations would drive me crazy.

Comment

Is it really $85 a month and a $45 signup fee or did you just make those numbers up as an example?

Comment

Dude, don't sign up for a shitty fake kung fu school just for a chance to flirt with a girl you met once.
                    Guys doing shit like that makes me embarrassed to be straight.
                    Instead, do the honorable thing and challenge the instructor to a Kung Fu Deathmatch. I'm sure the MACP and Savate will be more than enough skillset to handle poser-fu. Be sure to goad him about the superiority of the Western martial arts, like a bad guy in a kung fu movie set in 1930's Shanghai.
                    You know what I'm talking about.
                    The fool thinks himself immortal,
                    If he hold back from battle;
                    But old age will grant him no truce,
                    Even if spears spare him.

Comment

I'm going for Orthodoxy, not Kung Fu, and we've got Fedor Emelianenko and Troy Palamalu on our side, so the heck with it.
                      Fuck Palamalu.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhi108 View Post
                        Fuck Palamalu.
                        He does have nice hair.

Comment

That's good to know, I didn't read through the investigation bit.
                          How many "Shaolin Kung Fu's" could there be?
                          Ming is right, but if the school you visited is actually related to Sin Kwang The, it IS the infamous Shaolin-Do, and there is a long list of threads here on the franchise in addition to the recent writeup.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...t=96357&page=1

Even Kung Fu Magazine Online forums were calling Shaolin Do suspect all the way back in 2001:

http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/...ad.php?t=32782
                          Last edited by W. Rabbit; 7/13/2012 10:53am, .

Comment

oops, i must have missed that this was indeed shaolin do. yeah this is a bad place.

FYI the majority of chinese kung fu schools claim a connection to shaolin, so saying that a chinese martial art is "shaolin kung fu" is about as descriptive as a dance company saying that they do "modern dance"
                            "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
                            "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
                            "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
                            "Seriously, who gives a fuck what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Comment

Originally posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
                              FYI the majority of chinese kung fu schools claim a connection to shaolin, so saying that a chinese martial art is "shaolin kung fu" is about as descriptive as a dance company saying that they do "modern dance"
                              And there are literally hundreds of these schools.

I thought I spelled it wrong, but as I said I'm a mechanic not an English professor.

Comment

I've yet to meet any of them who can hang in Dharma combat.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X