When to pull the trigger.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    This is hard, but try to let it go. Some guy was an incomprehensible ass-hole and he riled up your ego. What you feel is a natural reaction. But how you process that can litteraly affect your health and livelyhood.

Examine the scenario objectively. He verbally assaulted you. That is all. What does that even mean? The guy was a shit head who will probably get his ass handed to him by someone else who is just as big of a shit head. He did not actually have the stones to confront you or hurt your women. He was all noise. Simply compressed waves in air. Let them pass over your and beyond you. Do not take his bullshit to heart.

Remembering him is good. That is simply due diligence. Bottling up the hate till you become like him is bad. That is your ego in control of your actions. Yo become the same as him if you do this. It can mess you up. Screw with your blood preasure, stress levels, relationships. Hate and fear are deadly internal enemies that will rob you blind if you don't have control over them.

THe first step is to dismiss the anger you feel and saty calm.

Only when the ass-hole tries to manifest his threats in reality is it time to get violent. The ways to handle this are as varied as the individuals answereing the question itself, but the basic "be aware of your areas laws and watch your back" rules apply.

Violence is a diabloical wheel of missfortune. The jack pot is not getting hurt or arrested. All the other stops on the wheel are some varrying degree of injury, malfeasance and loss of life or freedom. Only escalate a situation to that level when it is trully called for.

Otherwise a simple trip to the store might be the last time you see your GF or her kid without bars inbetween y'all. Backing off in honor of your family is what a real man does. Fighting over words is what insecure scrubs do. You sir, are a man.

Be at peace brother. Even when you are at war.
    Thanks man, I really appreciate it, I didn't feel like it yesterday, but it was weird, yesterday was the first time I rationalized my anger and placed it into a controlled environment, i.e. the gym. So I am proud of that but like you said, i think my ego was more or less asking me why are you letting this mf'er get away with insulting your family like this, but in the end I felt it was the right decision, and I am glad I still had my freedom to enjoy the gym last night and spend it with my fam.

Now I am going to take that anger and focus it on training, to push myself harder, so if the time ever comes where I have to really defend them, then I will more than prepared to defend them appropriately. I guess like you said maybe this is the point in my life where I am transitioning from a boy to a man. But again I appreciate the comments and criticisms, as I want to ultimately better myself, so thanks again bud, I do appreciate it.

Aloha.

Comment

Originally posted by ChenPengFi View Post
      Haha, i fixed the link...
      Thanks bud, I checked it out, it's funny how life can happen, because I went through a similar situation. My father left when I was 2, and then my mother had a breakdown and resorted to drugs and alcohol. My Puerto Rican grandmother adopted me, which is how I ended up in Puerto Rico otherwise I would have become a ward of the state. So I use to hang out with people like this all the time because I thought they were the only ones that could relate, but in the end, I realized that most of them were too pussy to fight for themselves and become men of principle, ambition, and humility. I know who I am deep down, I just have to rework some of the circuitry to make it happen LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by eloneamigo View Post
        Thanks man, I really appreciate it, I didn't feel like it yesterday, but it was weird, yesterday was the first time I rationalized my anger and placed it into a controlled environment, i.e. the gym. So I am proud of that but like you said, i think my ego was more or less asking me why are you letting this mf'er get away with insulting your family like this, but in the end I felt it was the right decision, and I am glad I still had my freedom to enjoy the gym last night and spend it with my fam.

Now I am going to take that anger and focus it on training, to push myself harder, so if the time ever comes where I have to really defend them, then I will more than prepared to defend them appropriately. I guess like you said maybe this is the point in my life where I am transitioning from a boy to a man. But again I appreciate the comments and criticisms, as I want to ultimately better myself, so thanks again bud, I do appreciate it.

Aloha.
        That's the spirit!

It is the right descision. The ego is a mans most dangerous enemy. All other enemies grow from it's manipulation of perception. That pain you felt was not your own, but that of the ego. It want's you to think of your positive descision as a loss of face. This is a lie. It will disguise itself as your own thoughts. They are not. They are simply fight or flight reflexes running out of control. It will try to goad you into doing things that are not right under the circumstances. It will use it's pain and lies to distract you from the truth. However, it's impulses and threats are as meaningless as the insults that spur it on. It is just another noisy a-hole. (albeit one that lives in your head...)

You are already on the path to freeing yourself from it's influence. This is a lifetime journey, because that damn ego will pop up in the weirdest places once you really start to get down on the sucker, but ultimate victory belongs to you. By not getting out of your car and bashing that dudes head in you have already won one round. By focusing on bettering yourself and being responsible to the people you love you have won round two.

Keep it up brother! Train safe!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Machette View Post
          That's the spirit!

It is the right descision. The ego is a mans most dangerous enemy. All other enemies grow from it's manipulation of perception. That pain you felt was not your own, but that of the ego. It want's you to think of your positive descision as a loss of face. This is a lie. It will disguise itself as your own thoughts. They are not. They are simply fight or flight reflexes running out of control. It will try to goad you into doing things that are not right under the circumstances. It will use it's pain and lies to distract you from the truth. However, it's impulses and threats are as meaningless as the insults that spur it on. It is just another noisy a-hole. (albeit one that lives in your head...)

You are already on the path to freeing yourself from it's influence. This is a lifetime journey, because that damn ego will pop up in the weirdest places once you really start to get down on the sucker, but ultimate victory belongs to you. By not getting out of your car and bashing that dudes head in you have already won one round. By focusing on bettering yourself and being responsible to the people you love you have won round two.

Keep it up brother! Train safe!
          Thanks man, will do!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X