Help me teach cosplayers about martial arts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoonDog View Post
    Go back to boot camp. We don't miss you.

Seriously, how are things going for you and your military endeavors?
    Good! Picked up cpl in April, going to be a recruiter in August.

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Originally posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Originally posted by sochin101
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Originally posted by HappyOldGuy
    I agree with moosey

Comment

Good to see things are going well for you moose. Except for the recruiter part, good luck with that.
      ______
      Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
      -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
      The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
      -Daniel Tosh

Comment

Originally posted by Gezere View Post
        Good to see things are going well for you moose. Except for the recruiter part, good luck with that.

I am not excited.

I'm only going to do it for a few months, as a springboard back to active duty. Then I'm going to try and actually freaking deploy, and do my goddamn job!

I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
        I agree with moosey

Comment

poor conventioners, getting learned.
          And kata isn't all useless, my falling down ass is now falling down less thanks to kata, not to mention I learned an incredibly lethal elbow strike that is both landable and powerful from kata.

Comment

Well, I learned all those things when I did a martial arts with a lot of katas, but I certainly didn't actually learn them from Katas. In fact, I'd probably be a bit less good at those things.

Also, common. Breakfalls in Kata or any other form of training will be the same, as long as you practice with proper vigilence and height of fall.
            www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
            Parts and Accessories
            Law Enforcement Firearms

Comment

Most nerds who I have met. (and yes I was one in high school) have rarely seen a real fight between two people who knew what they were doing. For your discussion of attributes, I would suggest starting with some videos from the first one or two UFCs in which one of the fighters gets taken apart within 30 seconds. That should be a good introduction for what works and what doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by 3moose1 View Post
                Come back to MI, we miss you
                If you insist.
                I'm moving back to MI in september. And you should start to come to cons to chill with me and Outfoxd and Sayu and the ghost of Dagon Akujin. You are literally the only Michigan bully who *doesn't* cosplay (for those of you who don't know, people in Michigan FUCKING LOVE ANIME).
                The fool thinks himself immortal,
                If he hold back from battle;
                But old age will grant him no truce,
                Even if spears spare him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Browning View Post
                  Most nerds who I have met. (and yes I was one in high school) have rarely seen a real fight between two people who knew what they were doing. For your discussion of attributes, I would suggest starting with some videos from the first one or two UFCs in which one of the fighters gets taken apart within 30 seconds. That should be a good introduction for what works and what doesn't.
                  I'm planning on having a "World's Most One-sided Fistfights Caught on Tape: Style vs Style Edition" video section. I'm planning on doing Kiai Master vs Karate, maybe a highlight real of ninjutsu black belts losing to lower-ranking practitioners of other arts (set to Yakety Sax, of course).

Comment

Originally posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
                    If you insist.
                    I'm moving back to MI in september. And you should start to come to cons to chill with me and Outfoxd and Sayu and the ghost of Dagon Akujin. You are literally the only Michigan bully who *doesn't* cosplay (for those of you who don't know, people in Michigan FUCKING LOVE ANIME).

Not I, sir. Though we need a throw down, I haven't seen any MI bullies save for foxd and his lady in years!

I agree with moosey

Comment

Originally posted by 3moose1 View Post
                      Not I, sir. Though we need a throw down, I haven't seen any MI bullies save for foxd and his lady in years!
                      I'm for it.

Comment

I'm in too. BTW, it chances are good I'll be going to the northern Michigan thing in September. So...yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Outfoxd View Post
                          I'm in too. BTW, it chances are good I'll be going to the northern Michigan thing in September. So...yeah.

John?

I agree with moosey

Comment

Yes, it's me. Lost my other account, started over.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X