No announcement yet.

Help me teach cosplayers about martial arts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The real issue here is that your efforts could upset the balance in the force.

Cosplayers are meant to get beaten up. Assaulted is their natural state. Teaching cosplayers to fight is like teaching a pig to make a people, lettuce and tomato sandwich. It just ain't right.

Comment

Originally posted by Devil View Post
      Cosplayers are meant to get beaten up. Assaulted is their natural state. Teaching cosplayers to fight is like teaching a pig to make a people, lettuce and tomato sandwich. It just ain't right.
      Wait. Isn't Hedgey a cosplayer???

Comment

Originally posted by Styygens View Post
        Wait. Isn't Hedgey a cosplayer???
        yea devil obviously doesn't know what hes talking about since Hedgey is a cosplayer and he recently posted a vid of himself owning some guy outside a club or something.

Comment

Anybody who thinks Hedgehogey doesn't deserve a wedgie is a loser.

Comment

Originally posted by Disastorm View Post
            yea devil obviously doesn't know what hes talking about since Hedgey is a cosplayer and he recently posted a vid of himself owning some guy outside a club or something.
            This logic is so fucking flawed it is painful. Why motherfuckers always gotta say this like this?
            Originally posted by Goju - joe
            being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Comment

NEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRDS!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by P Marsh View Post
                'Cept in this case, the nerds have better fight records than him.
                The fool thinks himself immortal,
                If he hold back from battle;
                But old age will grant him no truce,
                Even if spears spare him.

Comment

Anybody who thinks Hedgehogey doesn't deserve a wedgie is a loser.
                  I train at Capitol Combat Sports when i'm in DC and Relson Gracie Austin when i'm in ATX. Let a cosplaya know.

"The only important elements in any society
                  are the artistic and the criminal,
                  because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
                  can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Comment

Somewhat serious answer:

Do a demonstration. Don't diss them but just say that a lot of exotic arts they peddle in anime, games and movies are stylised version of truth. Show them similar styles that may be applicable e.g IIRC both Ryu and Ken from Street Fighter are somewhat based on Shotokan so point them on that direction. This would make your argument more 'legit' in their eyes. The people who wanna learn ninjutsu, etc are probably doing it for fun though instead of personal growth so just make sure you break it to them that it's all cool being a ninja, just don't forget to learn a real MA if they really want to be kick ass/defend themselves. Also chi/ki/hadouken don't exist. Oh and being a convention and all, maybe suggest more of Eastern TMA than WMA. This would get you ++rep point.

TL:DR; Encourage, show demo of MA that anime are based on, don't be preachy.

Trololol answer:

Hire lots of martial artists, dress up in cosplay of a character that has ties to it (using example above, get a Shotokan dude to go as Ryu), borrow a wrestling ring - In the past few conventions I've been to there's always some shit trash-talking wrestling ring segment so maybe see if you can borrow the ring for an hour or two - then proceed to beat each other down using real world MA either in a tag team or king of the ring style match. End with everyone handing out dojo info card. ???. Profit.

Comment

If only one of us was a San Da practitioner. That's flashy as hell and effective. I'm sure it would get some of them interested.

Comment

So I'm starting to consider doing this as a two-part panel:
                        "Oriental Fighting Arts of the Orient: An Introduction to the Horrible World of Martial Arts"
                        Which will be the thing I've discussed thus far; a power-point presentation seperating myth from reality as applies to contemporary martial arts.
                        AND
                        "How to the Beat Up Everybody: A Martial Arts Practicum"
                        Which will be more of a technical demo/seminar type thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Outfoxd View Post
                          If only one of us was a San Da practitioner. That's flashy as hell and effective. I'm sure it would get some of them interested.
                          By the way, are you planning on doing Northern Michigan Anime? I'm hoping to debut this panel there.

Comment

Originally posted by The Question View Post
                            This logic is so fucking flawed it is painful. Why motherfuckers always gotta say this like this?
                            lol dude wtf are you serious? Devil posted that cosplayers are meant to be beaten up and I gave an instance of the opposite happening. Of course that doesn't really logically disprove that cosplayers are meant to be beaten up but then again the statement that cosplayers are meant to be beaten up isnt really a logical one either, so it's responses don't require logical reasoning or evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
                              'Cept in this case, the nerds have better fight records than him.
                              Brother, all the wins in the world can't undo this fail:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hedgehogey View Post
                                I train at Capitol Combat Sports when i'm in DC and Relson Gracie Austin when i'm in ATX. Let a cosplaya know.
                                I respectfully decline your invitation. Thanks for the offer.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X