Help me teach cosplayers about martial arts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dwkfym View Post
    It'll be a lot easier if we did a hajime no ippo routine. Mcclaw can be that guy who does flick jabs and I can be ippo's mentee, the guy who pukes and eventually shaves his head and fights him in new challenger. We can just do an exhibition in a ring. cosplay win, unless some fuck really chops someones arm off with his sword or shows up in a real mechanized robot.
    This is another fucking mint idea.

Did I mention I have several amateur boxing matches. McClaw, you need to use that money you make from peddling dragon testicle hair armor or whatever the fuck you're selling to fly me up for this demo. This way, you can sell more dragon testicle armor and make more money. Simple business yo.

Originally posted by Phrost
    As long as The ? turns into a giant housefly at some point in the fight, I approve.
    We could actually make this shit happen, you know. Aiyo, McClaw, how good is your needlework? Some costume modifications and I could go from Pimp to Fly (oh, you gotta love that pun) in less than 10 seconds.
    Originally posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Comment

you can be that guy who throws really heavy hooks from the 2nd ippo fight or whatever, from okinawa, but we have to find you an ippo. both me and sirc look too chinky to be him
      www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
      Parts and Accessories
      Law Enforcement Firearms

Comment

Originally posted by The Question View Post
        Bro, you ain't heard? Q-dot the vicious has blue belt level jits (LO-fucking-L, blue belt level). Purple belt motherfuckers proceed with caution because they know they can't fuck around get sloppy even though my belt is white. Unless of course I'm wearing a fucking gi, in which case I'm likely to lose to anybody.
        Oh? I thought BJJ was banned in Jamaica because it looks too much like mansex.
        The fool thinks himself immortal,
        If he hold back from battle;
        But old age will grant him no truce,
        Even if spears spare him.

Comment

Originally posted by dwkfym View Post
          you can be that guy who throws really heavy hooks from the 2nd ippo fight or whatever, from okinawa, but we have to find you an ippo. both me and sirc look too chinky to be him
          You mean Jason Ozuma? He's the only black guy Ippo fought. I could easily pull off a Jason Ozuma, I'd just need a little buzz cut. That shit's easy yo. I'm gonna book my motherfucking flight, son!

Originally posted by McClaw
          Oh? I thought BJJ was banned in Jamaica because it looks too much like mansex.
          Yo, that's actually a funny motherfucking story. First day back after being away for about 5 years, I'm rolling with a motherfucker at a kung fu school. I put that motherfucker in north south and he promptly taps out, saying the equivalent of "I can't take no balls in my face, man". To which I reply "but I'm wearing a cup!".

In the context of MMA, they have some dudes that kinda train ground, but mostly they suck balls, which is ironic, considering the extreme homophobia. And the training is terribly inconsistent. There have been about 5 MMA fight cards in Jamaica, and damn that shit is pretty much only advertised within certain crowds. Not everybody is an ignorant motherfucker, but they are out there.
          Originally posted by Goju - joe
          being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Comment

Originally posted by The Question View Post
            And that's fucked up. How you gonna go and kill the baddest motherfucker in the series like that? Getting stabbed in the head by your former underling is a bullshit way to go. Went out like a bitch.
            The way they killed him wasn't even interesting.

Tosen: "I can see now! Also, I'm a bug."

Subordinate: "I stabbed you."

Dog: "Lol, shoulda stayed blind."

In any case, you guys could just dress some friends as ninjas and then punch the ninjas. It looks cool and fits together neatly with Bullshido's mission statement.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post

Tl;dr....jk

So yeah, suggestions? Anything else I should throw in to educate the nerdy masses?
              Your goal is noble enough but I think you couldn't be misreading your audience more. In this day and age with the oceans of information out there the only people that still believe in chi blasts and Dilman-esque no touch knockouts are the people that WANT TO.

I've read a lot of good ideas so far but if you go telling a bunch of weeaboo animie fanbois that ninjitsu as they know it is a 20th century construct your gonna' get a room full of this

If you're actually trying to incite a nerd riot or civil war with some IRL epic trolling more power to ya'. I can't wait for the vids. Otherwise you are about to seriously violate "the prime directive"

Keeping the nerd scifi theme going I would compare these people to the countless millions in "The Matrix". They're not ready to be shown the truth and either won't believe you or will resent you for it. Then they will inflict 2 more overly preachy and pseudo philosophic sequels on you.

The main reason that the cheeto dust encrusted neckbeards gravitate to the most fake of MAs is that it promises them the irresistible offer something for nothing. The kind of harsh reality you offer just reminds them of why they decided to submerge themselves in escapist BS in the first place. Lying to themselves about how awesome their fantasy MA is much easier than hitting the gym and getting knocked around in sparring.

You might as well start the old argument of "Death Star vs Enterprise" for all the converts you'll win over.
              Last edited by Bad Apple; 7/13/2012 8:12pm, . Reason: Grammar fail

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Apple View Post
                You might as well start the old argument of "Death Star vs Enterprise" for all the converts you'll win over.

Comment

if you go telling a bunch of weeaboo animie fanbois that ninjitsu as they know it is a 20th century construct your gonna' get a room full of this

Despite the above average intelligence and subject matter knowledge here, I get a little of that on Bullshido when I point out that there are no such things as Ninjas. I can only imagine trying to introduce that line of thinking to a group of these fans.

I thought I spelled it wrong, but as I said I'm a mechanic not an English professor.

Comment

Your goal is noble enough but I think you couldn't be misread your audience more. In this day and age with the oceans of information out there the only people that still believe in chi blasts and Dilman-esque no touch knockouts are the people that WANT TO.

I've read a lot of good ideas so far but if you go telling a bunch of weeaboo animie fanbois that ninjitsu as they know it is a 20th century construct your gonna' get a room full of this

If you're actually trying to incite a nerd riot or civil war with some IRL epic trolling more power to ya'. I can't wait for the vids. Otherwise you are about to seriously violate "the prime directive"

Keeping the nerd scifi theme going I would compare these people to the countless millions in "The Matrix". They're not ready to be shown the truth and either won't believe you or will resent you for it. Then they will inflict 2 more overly preachy and pseudo philosophic sequels on you.

The main reason that the cheeto dust encrusted neckbeards gravitate to the most fake of MAs is that it promises them the irresistible offer something for nothing. The kind of harsh reality you offer just reminds them of why they decided to submerge themselves in escapist BS in the first place. Lying to themselves about how awesome their fantasy MA is much easier than hitting the gym and getting knocked around in sparring.

I have doubt that I'm going to raise a lot of rabble, and that is part of my goal. I don't, however, think I'm going to get run out of the con for pointing out that Real Life ninjas are full of shit.
                    This is where video is such a nice part of the presentation. Thanks to the miracle of fighting games, this crowd -even more than others- loves the concept of style vs style fights. I sure as hell do, even after having been exposed to how one-sided they tend to be in reality. I'm pretty sure shit like Hedgehogey vs Dirt Ninja and Kiai Master vs Headkicks are going to go over pretty well, all in all.
                    My people definitely have a bad habit of gravitating towards the shittier martial arts, so hopefully I can veer them away from that direction.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
                      I have doubt that I'm going to raise a lot of rabble, and that is part of my goal. I don't, however, think I'm going to get run out of the con for pointing out that Real Life ninjas are full of shit.
                      This may help:

I thought I spelled it wrong, but as I said I'm a mechanic not an English professor.

Comment

If you're confident, and you are a mainstay at cons already and want to make a bunch of waves to promote your bidness, make a randi-type challenge to battle any Ninja's at the NEXT con who want to fight within a given set of rules.

Comment

Originally posted by lordbd View Post
                          If you're confident, and you are a mainstay at cons already and want to make a bunch of waves to promote your bidness, make a randi-type challenge to battle any Ninja's at the NEXT con who want to fight within a given set of rules.
                          That would be awesome. Especially if I'm allowed to wear my scale-mail and spiked gladiator sandals during the fight.

Comment

If you get me involved in putting down a nerd riot I'll never forgive you.

Or we'll laugh about it later after drinks.

Whichever.

Comment

Would cons really allow fighting even limited by rules? Anyway, dude if you ever do a panel at a ca anime con, I'd definitely check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Disastorm View Post
                                Would cons really allow fighting even limited by rules?
                                Approximately none of them. Unless it was like, pointfighting with boffer weapons and no contact to the head, which is a pretty common event at a lot of anime cons.
                                So I guess I could just challenge my theoretical ninja foe to a contest of that.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X