No announcement yet.

Help me teach cosplayers about martial arts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McClaw, here's what the fuck you need. Pick a badass motherfucking anime character. Cosplay as that character, make sure your motherfucking suit is durable as shit. None of this paper machet and glue shit motherfuckers working with these days. You need something fucking durable, because you gonna throw the fuck down.

Get a badass motherfucker, like Q-dot the vicious, who is into anime and can throw down as well. Get him to dress as another badass motherfucking character, like Tosen Kaname from Bleach.

You walk up to that motherfucker and start making noise and shit, talking in really bad japanese so motherfuckers know you're a real fan, not any of these fake weaboo motherfuckers. Then you roll up on the other cosplayer who is also yapping in motherfucking awful Japanese.

Then y'all break out into a preset routine involving throws, high kicks, armbars and powerful fucking right crosses.

The crowd will think "shit, are motherfuckers is really throwing down? Because shit looks real. But it's highly unlikely that 2 costumed motherfuckers start brawling without an obvious reason". This gives you enough time to complete your set.

Once you have robbed all the attention. Make your declaration:

"Cut that Ninja shit, we got the real full contact right here. Also, check out these gay motherfucking gloves I sell on my website. Y'all know you love that faggotty Dragonscale shit, because Skyrim is fucking awesome".

Yes, I know I've crossed genres.

If you pay to fly me up wherever the fuck your next convention is, I will show up dressed as Kaname Tosen, dreads and sword and all, and be ready to throw down. Consider it an investment for your clothing for clowns business.
    Originally posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Comment

I go to nerdcons like nobody's business! It would be fun to roll there and teach the Naruto cosplayers a few things about MA.. where I went to community college we had a club full of... let's call them "Narutards" who always wore ninja headbands and outfits and would flip and do all sorts of martial-arty stuff but way off balance in the common area. They would actually have lengthy discussions about which Naruto techniques were T3h R33l D34dly and try them out on each other like children playing with GI Joes.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
        Fun fact: The first concert I ever saw was They Might Be Giants, in Washington DC, when I was 14 years old.
        That shit was awesome.
        I went to the same college as one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by The Question View Post
          McClaw, here's what the fuck you need. Pick a badass motherfucking anime character. Cosplay as that character, make sure your motherfucking suit is durable as shit. None of this paper machet and glue shit motherfuckers working with these days. You need something fucking durable, because you gonna throw the fuck down.

Get a badass motherfucker, like Q-dot the vicious, who is into anime and can throw down as well. Get him to dress as another badass motherfucking character, like Tosen Kaname from Bleach.

You walk up to that motherfucker and start making noise and shit, talking in really bad japanese so motherfuckers know you're a real fan, not any of these fake weaboo motherfuckers. Then you roll up on the other cosplayer who is also yapping in motherfucking awful Japanese.

Then y'all break out into a preset routine involving throws, high kicks, armbars and powerful fucking right crosses.

The crowd will think "shit, are motherfuckers is really throwing down? Because shit looks real. But it's highly unlikely that 2 costumed motherfuckers start brawling without an obvious reason". This gives you enough time to complete your set.

"Cut that Ninja shit, we got the real full contact right here. Also, check out these gay motherfucking gloves I sell on my website. Y'all know you love that faggotty Dragonscale shit, because Skyrim is fucking awesome".

If you pay to fly me up wherever the fuck your next convention is, I will show up dressed as Kaname Tosen, dreads and sword and all, and be ready to throw down. Consider it an investment for your clothing for clowns business.
          I actually like this idea. Though I'd probably call on Foxd to be part of this, since he's a) already part of the midwest con scene and b) has actual jits.
          As for cosplay, current project is doing heavy metal versions of the cast of Final Fantasy 1, and I fully intend to be rocking Heavy Metal Black Belt when delivering this presentation.
          The fool thinks himself immortal,
          If he hold back from battle;
          But old age will grant him no truce,
          Even if spears spare him.

Comment

Originally posted by The Question View Post

Do it. He knows what he's talking about; he used to be a Bleach character. Of course, that character is dead now, but still.

Comment

Some ideas for cosplays that fit the MMA theme (although I suck at Anime so there are probably a million more):

Zell (FFVIII)
              Tifa (FFVII)

Eh... Shit, that's about all I get off the top of my head.

Comment

I remember the last time I went to a martial arts demonstration with Sayu and McClaw at one of these things. McClaw ended up getting into an argument with a kid who thought Dim Mak was real. He promptly told the kid to use it on him. The kid kind of looked away and mumbled something about "...don't want to kill you."

Comment

Dude, that kid was right! Didn't you see JCVD in that documentary Bloodsport? Totally shattered the bottom brick. Gotta be careful in this day and age.

Comment

Originally posted by Outfoxd View Post
                    I remember the last time I went to a martial arts demonstration with Sayu and McClaw at one of these things. McClaw ended up getting into an argument with a kid who thought Dim Mak was real. He promptly told the kid to use it on him. The kid kind of looked away and mumbled something about "...don't want to kill you."
                    Holy shit, I had forgotten about that.
                    That whole demo was a train wreck being hit by the Hindenburg. The kung fu stances with fake sexy names (Dragon stance! Scorpion stance!), the instructor going on about the glory and majesty of having a black belt.... gyah.
                    So yeah. I want to create the anti-that. To do what I can to prevent my people from getting mixed in with the wrong crowd.

Comment

As long as The ? turns into a giant housefly at some point in the fight, I approve.

Comment

Went to ride my bike around downtown after training a few nights ago, and realized I stumbled into ground zero of the first day of ComicCon. Neckbeards are the style of the day and most shirts are XXXL black sarcastic ones, or extra small for their little Asian girlfriends. Not sure how this can help you, but it should be easier to find a big ol guy that can try to hold you down or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
                          Went to ride my bike around downtown after training a few nights ago, and realized I stumbled into ground zero of the first day of ComicCon. Neckbeards are the style of the day and most shirts are XXXL black sarcastic ones, or extra small for their little Asian girlfriends. Not sure how this can help you, but it should be easier to find a big ol guy that can try to hold you down or whatever.
                          The being you sighted - The Fatbeard - is the staple of Gaming conventions. You may have also seen his mixed-gender brethren, The Poorly Aging Nerd, who is the staple of Scifi Cons.
                          Anime Conventions, by contrast, are ruled by the Overenthusiastic Teenager. They tend to be relatively young, slim, and well-groomed - especially in contrast to the above con goers. They are, however, naive creatures, and easily led astray with promises of Ninja Skillz and Kung-Fu Death Touches.

Comment

It'll be a lot easier if we did a hajime no ippo routine. Mcclaw can be that guy who does flick jabs and I can be ippo's mentee, the guy who pukes and eventually shaves his head and fights him in new challenger. We can just do an exhibition in a ring. cosplay win, unless some fuck really chops someones arm off with his sword or shows up in a real mechanized robot.
                            www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
                            Parts and Accessories
                            Law Enforcement Firearms

Comment

Originally posted by dwkfym View Post
                              .. cosplay win, unless some fuck really chops someones arm off with his sword or shows up in a real mechanized robot.
                              The robot only happened once that I can remember.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
                                I actually like this idea. Though I'd probably call on Foxd to be part of this, since he's a) already part of the midwest con scene and b) has actual jits.
                                As for cosplay, current project is doing heavy metal versions of the cast of Final Fantasy 1, and I fully intend to be rocking Heavy Metal Black Belt when delivering this presentation.
                                Bro, you ain't heard? Q-dot the vicious has blue belt level jits (LO-fucking-L, blue belt level). Purple belt motherfuckers proceed with caution because they know they can't fuck around get sloppy even though my belt is white. Unless of course I'm wearing a fucking gi, in which case I'm likely to lose to anybody.

Originally posted by Robdogg
                                Do it. He knows what he's talking about; he used to be a Bleach character. Of course, that character is dead now, but still.
                                And that's fucked up. How you gonna go and kill the baddest motherfucker in the series like that? Getting stabbed in the head by your former underling is a bullshit way to go. Went out like a bitch.
                                Originally posted by Goju - joe
                                being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X