Newbie from SLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie from SLC

I'm new to the Martial Arts world. I'm a distance runner who was looking for cross training. Once I tried Muay Thai I was hooked. I'm 6 months in and still feel like a clumsy fool, but I'm having a blast. I'm a south paw to make it even more challenging.

I train with "The Punisher" Sakasem Kanthawong at his gym.

Welcome to Bullshido. I actually started doing Muay Thai partly to AVOID having to run to lose weight. Then I realized that "road work" is an integral part of any boxing training. Sounds like your gym is pretty intense, you train with a pro fighter from Thailand?

Comment

Originally posted by summ3rhays View Post
      I'm new to the Martial Arts world. I'm a distance runner who was looking for cross training. Once I tried Muay Thai I was hooked. I'm 6 months in and still feel like a clumsy fool, but I'm having a blast. I'm a south paw to make it even more challenging.

I train with "The Punisher" Sakasem Kanthawong at his gym.
      You're lucky! With that distance running background, your cardio's got to be top notch. I bet you're one of those rare breeds that didn't puke after your first practice! I remember my first few weeks of Muay Thai/MMA training were more focused on not fainting/improving my cardio than learning actual moves. Such a waste.

Anyways, welcome!

Comment

Welcome to Bullshido.

I thought I spelled it wrong, but as I said I'm a mechanic not an English professor.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome. I've come pretty close to puking during training. It's hard to adjust from an endurance mindset to a sprint/sparring.

Yes, Sakasem "The Punisher" Kanthawong is a 4x World Champ from Thailand training right in my home town

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X