• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by erezb View Post
    You say "turd" is say "a precious gem"
    Yes you is do say.

Bravo.
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebell View Post
      No they don't.
      That's the whole goddamn point this website exists!!!
      Surely even retardcombat has valid moves that work like: "the nutbuster" and the "eye poke"

Comment

Originally posted by FYT View Post
        Surely even retardcombat has valid moves that work like: "the nutbuster" and the "eye poke"
        Actually, the retardcombat arts only have delusion and false-confidence working in their favor. The retardcombat martial artist believes that eye-pokes and nut-busters will actually work on a determined or ready opponent.

There are some nuggets to be found within most arts, but there can be a lot of sifting involved.

I thought I spelled it wrong, but as I said I'm a mechanic not an English professor.

Comment

Originally posted by slamdunc View Post
          There are some nuggets to be found within most arts, but there can be a lot of sifting involved.
          Hahaha this is dumb.

Comment

Even shit has valid nutrition because I can find corn and peanuts in it occasionally, so I'm just going to eat shit instead of real food.

Comment

Originally posted by slamdunc View Post
              Actually, the retardcombat arts only have delusion and false-confidence working in their favor. The retardcombat martial artist believes that eye-pokes and nut-busters will actually work on a determined or ready opponent.

See there's a sensible argument I can live with. this site is about filtering stuff that doesnt work from the stuff that does. I'm simply taking it for granted that everything will leave at least one generic grain thats worth it (like a proper punch or whatever)

Comment

Originally posted by huge View Post
                Even shit has valid nutrition because I can find corn and peanuts in it occasionally, so I'm just going to eat shit instead of real food.
                Bear Grylls would agree

Comment

Bear Grylls would agree
                  I'd agree too, if I lived in a world lacking food not found in shit.

Comment

I'm simply taking it for granted that everything will leave at least one generic grain thats worth it (like a proper punch or whatever)
                    Not everything, most things.

I thought I spelled it wrong, but as I said I'm a mechanic not an English professor.

Comment

Your style field says traditional jj, so I have some idea of where you are coming from.
                      you're still wrong though.
                      retardcombat does NOT in the end have valid moves, because their way of delivering is flawed.
                      flawed at best, usually it's downright delusional godawfull spastic crap.

I'm sure as a fellow dutchie living in tilburg you must have heared of the judobond, guys like mario den edel etc.
                      leave those morons and go to a proper bjjschool or take up muay thai, you cant live in Holland and have a valid excuse not to train at a proper school.
                      the country is littered with awesome schools and you pay a fraction of what the americans here pay on monthly costs and we dont have contracts and other commercial shit to deal with.

Comment

wait..hang on...I have a suspicion of where it is you train...question, has the center/school of where you train a traditional japanese garden with some sorta teahouse/temple or whatever?
                        and is there or did there used to be a japanese girl 'assisting' the headteacher?
                        does the headteacher there have greyhair and no muscletone whatsoever?
                        if it's him: RUN FOR THE HILLS, NEVER LOOK BACK.

that was all.

edit: found it: http://www.shintairyu.nl/
                        if you train with these people or at this school, you are wasting your money.
                        Last edited by Lebell; 7/05/2012 9:19am, . Reason: additional info found

Comment

Straight up. Here in Belgium, I occasionnally hear someone say that they want to/plan to/just went to Thailand for a MT camp.

I'm thinking to myself: "Lolwut, just go North, Holland is pretty much the new Mecca of MT."

Additionally, those guys that come back from Thailand often have great kicks, but weak hands. Barely mixing it up, just keeping distance for legkicks, or going in for clinch.
                          go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Comment

Originally posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
                            Straight up. Here in Belgium, I occasionnally hear someone say that they want to/plan to/just went to Thailand for a MT camp.

I'm thinking to myself: "Lolwut, just go North, Holland is pretty much the new Mecca of MT."

Additionally, those guys that come back from Thailand often have great kicks, but weak hands. Barely mixing it up, just keeping distance for legkicks, or going in for clinch.
                            true.
                            usually dutch fighters wtfpwn the thai.
                            yet the nutriders always say the thai deliberately never show them the r34l MT, eventhough there's great prizem0ney etc.
                            oh well.
                            early nineties there was a legendary competition between I believe a bunch of dudes from Holland vs Thailand, I also do believe if I remember correctly the dutch did pretty well.

but this is besides the point.
                            this dutch dude here trains traditional JJ, most likely from the link I posted above.
                            while there's a perfectly good renzo gracie school there.

compare both links and choose what school you'd rather train at:

http://renzogracieholland.com/nl/inf...e-tilburg.html

www.shintairyu.nl

they are both in your hometown.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebell View Post
                              true.
                              usually dutch fighters wtfpwn the thai.
                              yet the nutriders always say the thai deliberately never show them the r34l MT, eventhough there's great prizem0ney etc.
                              oh well.
                              Ahhh so you have those idiots as well. "OMG I must leave my country to get real <insert art>."

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake View Post
                                Ahhh so you have those idiots as well. "OMG I must leave my country to get real <insert art>."
                                yup.
                                tbh ive met both.
                                I've also come across a couple of dutch guys (and sparred with em) who went to thailand and actually had very interesting techniques/combo's.
                                One guy ive sparred before and with him I could asses that he did became better after 3 months there.

I've also met guys who (thats my guess) trained at lesser camps, probably more in it for the money (those camps) and were horrible.

In Holland training with big names is unbelievably cheap for american standards, years ago there was a Bas Rutten seminar for the equivalent of 15 usd.
                                yes, two hours long, for 15 bucks...lol.

I've done seminars with Sem schildt, and also with Hoost to name a few, and if I had to pay at all, it was never more than 20 euros.
                                That's for an entire day.

Still there's people like FYT who rather do traditional stuff at crapschools like the one I linked.
                                I've also linked the second one to show this folley, there's a perfectly good BJJ school there, and a bit further down south you got Remco Pardoel's school and Harold Harder's school.

Yet people rather choose to train at the traditional JJ and judo schools cos it's more in their comfort zone.
                                The judofederation here are a bunch of thieving bastards and all they babble about is who got promoted to which rank and laadeedah.

it's mindboggeling.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X