Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first post (ex-Buj, now attending MMA/BJJ)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rarius
    replied
    Originally posted by Tonuzaba View Post
    It is inside the magic realm of Supporting membership... :-)

Get it for yourself as a Xmas present and your life will be so much better.

(Phrost actually doesn't pay me for this ad... :-D )

Hehe, will do mate :)

Leave a comment:

• Tonuzaba
    replied
    Originally posted by Rarius View Post
    Thanks mate. Where do I need to click to access the Training Log please?
    It is inside the magic realm of Supporting membership... :-)

Get it for yourself as a Xmas present and your life will be so much better.

(Phrost actually doesn't pay me for this ad... :-D )

Leave a comment:

• Rarius
    replied
    Originally posted by Tonuzaba View Post
    Welcome Rarius - to Bullshido and to the club of fighters/MA students over 30! :-)

Enjoy your stay and I recommend starting a log in our Training log section, it is a useful tool to record and compare your progress.
    Thanks mate. Where do I need to click to access the Training Log please?

Leave a comment:

• Tonuzaba
    replied
    Welcome Rarius - to Bullshido and to the club of fighters/MA students over 30! :-)

Enjoy your stay and I recommend starting a log in our Training log section, it is a useful tool to record and compare your progress.

Leave a comment:

• Rarius
    replied
    Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Ah, thanks. That is the place. Good memories of good times.

http://www.classicalbudomalta.org/index2.html

Afterwards I ate my first horse meat with the coworker/friend whom I worked out with while visiting. We still stay in touch.

For those not in the know, the tiny nation of Malta has, in general, a very exotic population of women. All that history of conquest and mixed blood bit (-:

And

Hospitality second to none.
    Hehe, glad you enjoyed the visit over here mate.

You're also right about the girls, the only snag about them is that it's really difficult to get many of them interested in doing martial arts of any sort, lol.

Leave a comment:

• hungryjoe
    replied
    Thanks for the welcome mate. If it was run by 2 brothers, would it happen to be the Dragon's Den dojo in Pieta maybe?
    Ah, thanks. That is the place. Good memories of good times.

http://www.classicalbudomalta.org/index2.html

Afterwards I ate my first horse meat with the coworker/friend whom I worked out with while visiting. We still stay in touch.

For those not in the know, the tiny nation of Malta has, in general, a very exotic population of women. All that history of conquest and mixed blood bit (-:

And

Hospitality second to none.
    Last edited by hungryjoe; 11/18/2012 9:13pm, .

Leave a comment:

• JingMerchant!
    replied
    Welcome to BS dude.

Fun, frolics and shenanigans for all the family here!

Leave a comment:

• Rarius
    replied
    Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Rarius,

I had the pleasure of spending time on your island nation for business and the opportunity to practice in a jjj dojo while there. Can't remember the name of the dojo but it was ran by two brothers.

Was there when the Maltese voted to join the EU. Good times and good people.

Welcome to the site.
    Thanks for the welcome mate. If it was run by 2 brothers, would it happen to be the Dragon's Den dojo in Pieta maybe?

Leave a comment:

• hungryjoe
    replied
    Rarius,

I had the pleasure of spending time on your island nation for business and the opportunity to practice in a jjj dojo while there. Can't remember the name of the dojo but it was ran by two brothers.

Was there when the Maltese voted to join the EU. Good times and good people.

Welcome to the site.

Leave a comment:

• slamdunc
    replied
    I posted the video on another thread in this forum section mate, looking forward to the comments and advice on how to improve
    I'm heading to the video now. I'm not qualified to give guidance on grappling techniques, but I'm sure I will enjoy watching it.

Leave a comment:

• Rarius
    replied
    Originally posted by slamdunc View Post
    If there is video, you can learn a great deal from it. Analyze what worked well, then play on it; see which part you sucked at, then improve that aspect. Game film is a valuable tool, besides that when you post it, there will surely be comments.
    I posted the video on another thread in this forum section mate, looking forward to the comments and advice on how to improve :)

Leave a comment:

• slamdunc
    replied
    the fight didn't go too well for me
    If there is video, you can learn a great deal from it. Analyze what worked well, then play on it; see which part you sucked at, then improve that aspect. Game film is a valuable tool, besides that when you post it, there will surely be comments.

Leave a comment:

• Rarius
    replied
    I participated in my first grappling tournament a couple of weeks ago, link to the video to follow soon (though the fight didn't go too well for me)

Leave a comment:

• AikiOK
    replied
    Welcome to bullshido. relative noob here myself. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Leave a comment:

• jnp
    replied
    Welcome to Bullshido.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X