Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hedgeangelion 2.0: We Are [Not] In A Parking Lot (w/ video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ermghoti
    replied
    Originally posted by crappler View Post
    The video shows chain-punching clearly working, meaning the chun wins again!!!
    No, "chain punching" refers to one, specific kind of ineffective strike. It's not a general term for girly punches.

Leave a comment:

• JohnnyCache
    replied
    Originally posted by Nefron View Post
    I have seen a judoka unable to close a distance properly in a fight.
    I've seen people make both ends of a straight flush board in a holdem game

but it doesn't happen all that often

Leave a comment:

• crappler
    replied
    The video shows chain-punching clearly working, meaning the chun wins again!!!

Leave a comment:

• Antifa
    replied
    Originally posted by crappler View Post
    In Soviet Russia distance closes YOU!
    In Soviet Russia Double Post Crapplers you!

Leave a comment:

• crappler
    replied
    Originally posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    You are. I did it because i'd already been punched and the punch dropped me down into position for a double. Honestly I see way too many judoka fretting about this. Closing distance in a streetfight is ridiculously easy.
    In Soviet Russia distance closes YOU!

Leave a comment:

• crappler
    replied
    You are. I did it because i'd already been punched and the punch dropped me down into position for a double. Honestly I see way too many judoka fretting about this. Closing distance in a streetfight is ridiculously easy.
    In Russia distance closes YOU!

Leave a comment:

• blackmonk
    replied
    Closing distance in a streetfight is ridiculously easy.
    I've never had a problem there, either. I have a much easier time fully committing in a street fight, thus my percentage of success goes way up.

Leave a comment:

• gregaquaman
    replied
    Originally posted by adskibullus View Post
    Is the double leg something you train regularly in your BJJ class or just a bend at the waist grab and hope?

That's ok when the other guy throws slappy arm punches not so good if theyre heavy. The reason I ask is that I know once I've got my hands on them I'm pretty confident that I'd be able to take them down, but it's the initial closing the gap between striking and grappling which is causing me to question my training.

Or am I just massively over complicating things?
    No. You have to find a way to control the striking zone. either with your grappling or by learning striking.

Otherwise a puncher who has (God forbid) learned to grapple will beat you up.

Leave a comment:

• Stick
    replied
    Late to the party, but still- good work, Hedge.

Leave a comment:

• Nefron
    replied
    I have seen a judoka unable to close a distance properly in a fight.

Leave a comment:

• Hedgehogey
    replied
    Originally posted by adskibullus View Post
    Is the double leg something you train regularly in your BJJ class or just a bend at the waist grab and hope?

That's ok when the other guy throws slappy arm punches not so good if theyre heavy. The reason I ask is that I know once I've got my hands on them I'm pretty confident that I'd be able to take them down, but it's the initial closing the gap between striking and grappling which is causing me to question my training.

Leave a comment:

• adskibullus
    replied
    Just your standard vanilla double leg, as i'd already dropped to one knee from his initial sucker punch.

I was gonna lambast you but then I saw your style field. Instead i'll let you consider that in light of this video and of the difference between slappy arm punches and hitting someone with an entire planet.

Leave a comment:

• RWaggs
    replied
    Originally posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    If I need attention that badly, I'll find a handful of anencephalic posers on some nondescript street corner, point a finger at them and scream "nazis!", and run at them while shrieking social-justice slogans in an effort to make myself look all heroic.
    Boosh!

Leave a comment:

• Vieux Normand
    replied
    Originally posted by Antifa View Post
    If you really need attention that badly, make a statement of some substance rather than just speaking pidgin German
    If I need attention that badly, I'll find a handful of anencephalic posers on some nondescript street corner, point a finger at them and scream "nazis!", and run at them while shrieking social-justice slogans in an effort to make myself look all heroic.

Leave a comment:

• Antifa
    replied
    Originally posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    Halal gin purchased from the SchnappsenStaffen.
    If you really need attention that badly, make a statement of some substance rather than just speaking pidgin German

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X