Hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

Howdy, was trawlin & came accross this site. Somebody was asking wot Kun Gek Do was all about. I am a member of a Kun Gek Do Club & we have recently started doing competitions, managed to amass 29 medals in 2 fights. We also do gradings, technique & theory. Anyway 1st time doin anything like this, so be kind, not gentle. Ta

Welcome! What sort of ruleset were you fighting under?
    Last edited by lordbd; 6/24/2012 1:09pm, . Reason: damn autocorrect

Comment

Welcome to Bullshido

I thought I spelled it wrong, but as I said I'm a mechanic not an English professor.

Comment

Hi, we were doin 2 x 1.5min rounds, then 1 x 2min round in final. No elbows, spinning backfist or knees, which was slightly awkward as we use these all the time in training, sparring etc. Wot bout u, do u do competitions?

Comment

I haven't yet, but a bunch of my gym-mates have ammy MMA fights this saturday through the barbarian fightclub promotion here on the east coast. I hope to do a fight sometime in the fall if my training goes well.

Comment

Hey thanks, I havent heard of your style of fighting, sounds interesting tho! Can u give me some idea of wot it entails?

Comment

Where is Kun Gek Do from? What's its history? Do you have any videos of it?

Comment

Got this:-

from HERE

Sounds like the Koreans just invented MMA
                Train hard, fight easy.

Comment

Welcome to Bullshido.

Sounds interesting. Is the fighting stance generally more TKD or MT?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cake of Doom View Post
                    Got this:-

from HERE

Sounds like the Koreans just invented MMA
                    That description isn't 100% correct.

Kun Gek Do is one of the Korean Kickboxing styles. In this case a Taekwondo/Muay Thai hybrid.

I used to train in another Korean Kickboxing style myself: Kyuk Too Ki (Taekwondo/SanDa hybrid).

At the OP:
                    Welcome to Bullshido.

Does your club train Kun Gek Do as a style connected to the Headquarters in Korea or as a ruleset for competitions?

My old Taekwondo/Hapkido/Hosinsul club trained Kyuk Too Ki as a competition ruleset.
                    Originally posted by Jiujitsu77
                    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
                    Originally posted by Humanzee
                    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
                    Originally posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
                    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
                    The real deadly:

Comment

Originally posted by Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs View Post
                      Kun Gek Do is one of the Korean Kickboxing styles. In this case a Taekwondo/Muay Thai hybrid.

I used to train in another Korean Kickboxing style myself: Kyuk Too Ki (Taekwondo/SanDa hybrid).
                      Do these styles generally train alive? Because either of those would be awesome.
                      "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Originally posted by strikistanian
                      DROP SEIONAGI MOTHERFUCKER! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
                      Originally posted by Devil
                      Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
                      Originally posted by Plasma
                      At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
                      Originally posted by SoulMechanic
                      Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.

Comment

Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
                        Do these styles generally train alive? Because either of those would be awesome.
                        Yes, my old TKD teacher was also a Gwongyeokdo coach.

Comment

Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
                          Same level of aliveness as Muay Thai and SanDa.
                          Originally posted by Jiujitsu77
                          You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
                          Originally posted by Humanzee
                          ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
                          Originally posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
                          It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
                          The real deadly:

Comment

Sweet. Good to know.
                            "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Originally posted by strikistanian
                            DROP SEIONAGI MOTHERFUCKER! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
                            Originally posted by Devil
                            Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
                            Originally posted by Plasma
                            At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
                            Originally posted by SoulMechanic
                            Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.

Comment

Hi, Kun Gek Do originates from south korea, its headquarters are based in Pusan & its founder is Jung Do Mo, as Cake of Doom has stated its known as the Way of the Attacking Fist ot the Art of Attacking & Punching. I dont have any videos yet but am working on it.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X