FMA in the Warhammer 40K Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FMA in the Warhammer 40K Universe

Last edited by SARS_Attacks; 6/23/2012 7:49am, . Reason: To pay homage to Khorne!

I always quite liked the Catachans..
    video game reviews

Comment

This book happens to follow a company of Ouisivian Guardsmen. The way the author describes them, though, makes me envision rednecks from the Louisiana bayous.

Comment

Did you catch the Muay Thai reference in that book? At one point the characters stumble into an abandoned gym for the practice of the Science of the Eight Limbs (or some such).

Too bad the Kalisadors ended up on the Chaos side. Burn the Heretic!

Srsly, this was a neat change of pace for the WH40K universe. According to the author bio, the writer was in the Australian Army, which should account for the references to that corner of the world. Very cool. I think he wrote more books, but I'm behind in my non-Horus Heresy WH40K reading.

Comment

Originally posted by Styygens View Post
          Did you catch the Muay Thai reference in that book? At one point the characters stumble into an abandoned gym for the practice of the Science of the Eight Limbs (or some such).

Too bad the Kalisadors ended up on the Chaos side. Burn the Heretic!

Srsly, this was a neat change of pace for the WH40K universe. According to the author bio, the writer was in the Australian Army, which should account for the references to that corner of the world. Very cool. I think he wrote more books, but I'm behind in my non-Horus Heresy WH40K reading.
          Holy crap, I did NOT catch the muay Thai reference....now I'm gonna have to peruse through it again just to find it, haha. Also, according to a bio I saw online, the author happens to be into submission wrestling, which is pretty damn awesome.

I'm currently on my 5th WH40K book...which incidentally is a Horus Heresy story(False Gods). These books are quite addicting actually and I'm glad they have an abundance of them at my PX. I hadn't read a book in nearly a year, but when I started reading WH40K...I found myself polishing off 3 in about a week and a half. Even got me playing Dawn of War II, just so I could see some Astartes do their thang.

Also, Flesh and Iron definitely had me sympathizing with Chaos for a hot second, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SARS_Attacks View Post
            Holy crap, I did NOT catch the muay Thai reference....now I'm gonna have to peruse through it again just to find it, haha. Also, according to a bio I saw online, the author happens to be into submission wrestling, which is pretty damn awesome.

I'm currently on my 5th WH40K book...which incidentally is a Horus Heresy story(False Gods). These books are quite addicting actually and I'm glad they have an abundance of them at my PX. I hadn't read a book in nearly a year, but when I started reading WH40K...I found myself polishing off 3 in about a week and a half. Even got me playing Dawn of War II, just so I could see some Astartes do their thang.

Also, Flesh and Iron definitely had me sympathizing with Chaos for a hot second, lol.
            For the most part, WH40K books are brain candy. But Dan Abnett writes very well and generally raises the bar. Many of the Horus Heresy books (but sadly not all) are a notch above too.

Comment

Originally posted by Styygens View Post
              For the most part, WH40K books are brain candy. But Dan Abnett writes very well and generally raises the bar. Many of the Horus Heresy books (but sadly not all) are a notch above too.
              I haven't read any of Dan Abnett's works yet, though I've seen his name plenty while perusing through the sci fi book section at the PX.

Comment

Everybody says the 'Nids are like bugs, but I distinctly remember an article in WD in which Rick Priestley says they were inspired by dinosaurs.

I always liked the Slayer novels by Bill King, Gortrek was a genuine badass, like Gimli on acid.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                  I always quite liked the Catachans..
                  Catachan Devils are hard, but it's all about Tanith Straight Silver for me! Mkoll & Larkin are bad ass, & Ezra Night is straight up ninja!
                  Last edited by Jim_Jude; 6/23/2012 5:01pm, .
                  "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
                  ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
                  ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
                  ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Comment

Man Ive always wanted to get into wh40k but I think I'm too nerdy already. I might have to reconsider now.

Comment

I think my favorite series by Abnett is the Ravenor series.

That said... I read Brotherhood of the Snake the other day. It was good times, but it makes me want to get back into 40k. Which would be futile, since no one I know around here plays. I suppose I could go to the game store and do some pick up games... but damn there's some oddball motherfuckers there. I usually just go in, get the books and minis I want and scurry out before someone starts about radio transmissions being picked up by their teeth warning them about the end of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by wetware View Post
                        .I suppose I could go to the game store and do some pick up games... but damn there's some oddball motherfuckers there. I usually just go in, get the books and minis I want and scurry out before someone starts about his deadly ninja skills.
                        Fixed that for you.

Comment

Never got into the table top game, myself. I was introduced to WH40K via Dawn of War. I honestly don't think I'm nerdy enough to do the table top game.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu-Jitsu View Post
                            Everybody says the 'Nids are like bugs, but I distinctly remember an article in WD in which Rick Priestley says they were inspired by dinosaurs.
                            They seem like a cross between both, really.

Comment

as far as WH40k goes, the RPG and the novels are distinctly different animals. I don't go in for all of the miniature stuff, & very few people I know who are into on are into the other, even a little.
                              "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
                              ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
                              ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
                              ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X