Heiwa Na Kaimetsu's Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heiwa Na Kaimetsu's Style

Heiwa Na Kaimetsu, or HNK is built from a collection of other styles. Nothing new, I'm sure in that regard. How we are different is that the curriculum is based on learning and assimilating other styles. We start with one Core Style, which contains the principles that most all martial arts have in common. This Core Style comes in the most frequently offered class. At rank 2 students can expand and learn our Clan styles. There are 6 clan styles (currently). Crushing Bison Clan is Earth element. It comes from Kung Fu and fights using powerful guard-breaking blows with a strong root and a firm base. Red Foxtrot Clan is a mixture of Wing Chun and Close Quarters Combat. Flurries of punches and arm and leg control back into flurries of punches. Life-Choking Leviathan Clan is a mixture of Judo, wrestling, and jiu jitsu. Body-based take-downs and ground fighting. Fervent Demon Clan is typical stand-up striking. Karate, Muay Thai, Western Boxing, and principles of Jeet Kun Do. Vicing Torrent Clan is based on limb-based take-downs and manipulations and palm stirkes as a supplement. It comes from Aikido, Hapkido, and Ninjutsu. Whirling Dervish Clan is a mixture of Capoeira and Bagua. using circular motions and bigass strikes. Very flashy. Other clans are yet to be developed. I've never been formally trained in Systema, and I need a lot more practice on PRACTICAL Ninjustu and more on CQC.
    I am based in North Aurora, Illinois. It's a bit west of Chicago.

Do you spar regularly? What level of contact?

Comment

What prompted the development of this style?

Comment

Who came up with those awesome names?

Comment

Originally posted by lordbd View Post
          Who came up with those awesome names?
          And could you just call your clan Clan #15?

Comment

Which common principles is the Core Style based on, and does it have a name?

Comment

There are two people that realize it is Newbietown and two that are close to that line. Remember, it may end up in YMAS but it isn't there right now.

Comment

Could you provide us with more info?
                A description of a typical class and such

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake View Post
                  There are two people that realize it is Newbietown and two that are close to that line. Remember, it may end up in YMAS but it isn't there right now.
                  Despite my jesting, I am actually interested. I remember when I first dived into martial arts and was busily trying to dissect various arts and sort of envisioned something close to what the OP mentioned. It was doomed to failure since I didn't really know anything, but still ...

Anyway, to the OP - what's the background of the founder(s)? Are new clans created by someone with a certain background becoming affiliated with the school?

Comment

Welcome to Bullshido. So, by my count that's 16 styles taught. How much time would a person spend in each one? Is there a method by which a practitioner puts all of these together during practice, like MMA sparring? What styles of kung fu and karate are in the mix?

Comment

Let's just say, I'm curious if he is the founder because that will make for interesting conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by horukye View Post
                        Heiwa Na Kaimetsu, or HNK is built from a collection of other styles. ... I need a lot more practice on PRACTICAL Ninjustu and more on CQC.
                        Can you comment on what you consider Practical Ninjutsu? How is this different from other Ninjutsu offered?

Also, what is the origin of the Close Quarters Combat training?

Thank you!

Comment

Missing posts moved here: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=116746
                          Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

Is the close quarters training something you received during your six years of military service?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X